Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a humongous noob, but I have a question. Can I install Luma3ds CFW on a New 3dsxl that is on FW 11.4? I've looked for the answer but haven't seen anything. I don't want to hard mod anything. I currently have Ninjhax and homebrew.
No you cannot unless you have another system with custom firmware or you get a hardmod.

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a humongous noob, but I have a question. Can I install Luma3ds CFW on a New 3dsxl that is on FW 11.4? I've looked for the answer but haven't seen anything. I don't want to hard mod anything. I currently have Ninjhax and homebrew.
You can always wait for NTRBootHax, but you'll need a compatible DS flashcard. We suspect Acekard 2i and DSTwo, but it's not confirmed yet.

hidd12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
JFC thank fuck I solved it. All 3DS's that run Luma3DS on B9S must move their payloads to CTRNAND\rw\luma\payloads, otherwise it won't work.

EDIT: Fix this in the wiki, though weird thing, I tried this first thing since 7.1.7 came out and it didn't work, but now it does.

Last edited by hidd12,

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follows the guide from 3ds.guide and it all works perfectly.

Before I had a Luma 3DS with A9 and emuNand. Now moved it all over to B9STRAP, Moved to SysNand Luma.

Those having problems are clearly not reading instructions properly.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Just investigated and read about sighax.

Wow, sounds pretty OP.
Guess I won't complain this time and update right away.
(Also, what's the chance of bricking when trying to update to sighax?)

If you use safeb9sinstaller and boo9strap (as recommended by 3ds.guide), almost none. If you use the sighax.com installer, then unfortunately there is still a decent chance of a brick.

hidd12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Follows the guide from 3ds.guide and it all works perfectly.

Before I had a Luma 3DS with A9 and emuNand. Now moved it all over to B9STRAP, Moved to SysNand Luma.

Those having problems are clearly not reading instructions properly.

Actually I was corrected in my thread, moving luma's payload to the NAND makes you use the on-board NAND/rw/luma folder as the primary one.

Also, moving from A9LH to B9S tell you to move it to NAND, guess I didn't move everything to NAND/rw/luma

Krude

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Shouldn't this allow me to go online with an outdated firmware by patching the friends service?

Dug out my old console which is on 11.0.0, updated to Luma 7.0.5 and tried to enter eShop / Miiverse, but after signing in with my NNID, i always get the error 022-2511 telling me to update. (When i check the friends list, it's error 002-0119, telling me to upgrade, for some reason). I'm also using ctr-httpwn to avoid the update notices, but that apparently doesn't help either.

edit: disregard, i think i figured it out. httpwn was using the old cached settings instead of downloading the new one for some reason, and sent outdated version numbers.

Last edited by Krude,

:-infern:

GBAtemp Legend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually I was corrected in my thread, moving luma's payload to the NAND makes you use the on-board NAND/rw/luma folder as the primary one.

Also, moving from A9LH to B9S tell you to move it to NAND, guess I didn't move everything to NAND/rw/luma
Good it's all sorted now. Yeah its not intuitive that moving the Luma folder triggers it to be run, considering the location is very different. 3ds.guide website however has all the steps, worked flawlessly for me.

fr3quency

Trophies
Website
fr3quency.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Greece

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the local change doesn't seem to work for me, I wanted to change the sun banner to the jap one, but no change at all, everything is placed correctly.

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the local change doesn't seem to work for me, I wanted to change the sun banner to the jap one, but no change at all, everything is placed correctly.
If you mean the banner that shows up on the Home Screen, you cannot do that with LayeredFS, you'd beed to mod the CIA file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/rMHTo4sAYKA?si=UTMogWR09JOPIPF_