Status
Not open for further replies.

simonrule

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Emunand its a partition on your SD that acts as a Redirected Nand, so nothing its installed on your system, you might have A9LH, but i do need to know if you have emunand or not. to check if you have emunand, you can easily put your SD card on you PC and tell me how much storage its displayed.

If your SD card its 4gb, it should display 3.6gb on yoru pc., if you have emunand, it wil display 2.6, since the redirected nand clones the real nand. so if you got anything lower than 3.5gb, you do have Emunand, else, you dont.

if you went from stock to cfw using the 3ds.guide, then you dont have emunand.
If you went from Menuhax to cfw you might have emunand.
sd card size display is 3.65 but i do have games installed.
yes i used 3ds.guide to downgrade and install CFW

spookysalad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a super weird issue and there is no info online about it. I had followed Plialect's guide and installed Luma on a 4gb SD card, but when I tried to switch to an 8gb, the SD card deleted everything inside every folder except for root. I thought it was an issue with the 3ds so I factory resetted, but now my 3ds is stuck in limbo. Like FBI is still injected in my health and safety app and it keeps crashing. Nothing works properly. Please help.

SuperWaterKillsX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I Need some Help PLEASE!!!!
20170204_165322.jpg

YassoMasso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Now, when I try to play, only appears the "Nintendo 3DS" logo, after that, a black screen but no Solgaleo.
If you have a problem with the randomizer (and not with luma itself), then follow carefully all the instructions in this post and you should be good.

If that doesn't solve it, I suggest you search other threads or open a new one.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it safe to update?

If you don't use NTR then yes. Apparently 11.3 not only breaks NTR but makes it so you can't use older firmware.bin due to a new minimum NFIRM requirement. Yes, that means no hardmod downgrades from 11.3 either until sighax is available.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
11.3 is fine if you have A9LH + Luma (or if you are updating an EmuNAND). It's a lot less fine if you are updating it on SysNAND without A9LH.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The new update and all future updates with Luma3DS are safe. Luma3DS does not use an external firmware.bin, as it patches the firmware on the NAND to boot. This means that no matter what updates happen to the NATIVE_FIRM, Luma3DS can patch it.

Reactions: kiwiis and Ryumaru

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What exactly are the steps to update if I'm using Luna on sysNAND?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
If you have A9LH installed? Update through System Settings like you would on an unhacked console.

On the off-chance that anyone is launching Luma into SysNAND from an unhacked SysNAND with fasthax + safehax instead of A9LH, the answer is "get A9LH or don't update."

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay thanks, should I make a new nand backup after the update or that is irrelevant to the system FW?

Ryumaru

Creator of themes for 3DS
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
Okay thanks, should I make a new nand backup after the update or that is irrelevant to the system FW?

I always create a backup used hourglass9 before updating, I have Luma with A9LH and even then I perform this procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran