Status
Not open for further replies.

solsolis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what's your existing setup?
Pretty messed up situation. Pretty much I have a n3ds with A9LH on 11.0 and no CIA installer of any kind, and no nand backups aside from one of 11.0 my current state. The only real option I see is using the .3dsx version of FBI to install the FBI CIA.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Pretty messed up situation. Pretty much I have a n3ds with A9LH on 11.0 and no CIA installer of any kind, and no nand backups aside from one of 11.0 my current state. The only real option I see is using the .3dsx version of FBI to install the FBI CIA.
Ah, no. You should launch decrypt9 from a9lh and use the H&S injection feature to inject FBI into H&S. If you want I can help you out with it, but that should probably be in its own thread :P

NotARobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was following this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)

and got to the configuring lumas part but for some reason my 3ds freezes after pressing start every time and when removing my sd card my 3ds won't boot. Is there something I'm missing? I followed everything to a tee.

I did the arm9loaderhax test to see if my 3ds is bricked and its works which means my 3ds should be fine. So it must be something else.

I have a US New 3DS.

I just downloaded hourglass9 and threw it in there, renamed it, and restarted my 3ds and got nothing but a black screen greeting me. Tried holding start and select to see if that would get it to boot but nothing. Putting everything back to normal lets luma3ds config load but still crashes at start unless I somehow misnamed something here.

I've also tried 2 different sd cards as well.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
I was following this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-3-(arm9loaderhax)

and got to the configuring lumas part but for some reason my 3ds freezes after pressing start every time and when removing my sd card my 3ds won't boot. Is there something I'm missing? I followed everything to a tee.

I did the arm9loaderhax test to see if my 3ds is bricked and its works which means my 3ds should be fine. So it must be something else.

I have a US New 3DS.

I just downloaded hourglass9 and threw it in there, renamed it, and restarted my 3ds and got nothing but a black screen greeting me. Tried holding start and select to see if that would get it to boot but nothing. Putting everything back to normal lets luma3ds config load but still crashes at start unless I somehow misnamed something here.

I've also tried 2 different sd cards as well.
You cant boot a 2.1 SysNAND using Luma, just continue with the guide and things will end up being fine.

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I know i'm still at part 2 (ctrnand transfering to be exact), but i'm skimming the guide, and see at part 3, i read that i should also enable the n3ds cpu to "clock+L2".
What i want to ask is, will this drain my battery faster, even at home menu without anything open?

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I try to adjust Luma settings (select on boot) my N3DSrefuses to boot any games/apps, and says no micro sd card is in the system. Only fix I've found so far is deleting the config file and putting the a9lh file back on the root of my sd card.

Any suggestions on what may be causing this, or a potential fix?

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So if I try to adjust Luma settings (select on boot) my N3DSrefuses to boot any games/apps, and says no micro sd card is in the system. Only fix I've found so far is deleting the config file and putting the a9lh file back on the root of my sd card.

Any suggestions on what may be causing this, or a potential fix?
Files are corrupted or SD card fragmented I guess. so, backup (copy) all the files to your computer then try to format SD card.

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Files are corrupted or SD card fragmented I guess. so, backup (copy) all the files to your computer then try to format SD card.

I'll give this a try, just strange that the Luma settings is the only thing that causes it. Going to test another SD card with just Luma first also and see if that does the same thing.

D

Deleted User

Edit - nvm I figured I out :)

So I just recently decided to make the change from A9LH Rednand to A9LH sysnand. Everything was working fine before, but now I have some issues. DS and DSiWare games refuse to boot, giving a "An error has occurred" screen. I'm using Luma 6.0.1 so it should autopatch twl firm, and also I have reinstalled the original twl firm as instructed by the luma3ds wiki. It's a new 3ds also if that helps, and gba games work fine as well.

Last edited by ,

PikaMasterJesi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pokebeach.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have a few questions about Luma3DS that I'd like to just throw out there and see if anyone can help me, because I'm interested in installing it and I can't figure it out.

First off, I'm trying to install Luma3DS on a :new: 3DS with system version 11.0-33U. I have the .3dsx file for 6.0.1 in my 3ds file folder (the one where you put all your homebrew apps in), and I can run the file, but it freezes on a black screen and won't do anything. I have another version as well in a separate folder, but that one just freezes at a red touch screen. I think I have all the files where I need them to be, but I'm not quite sure and I'm wondering if anyone could help me. Is it even possible to install Luma3DS on 11.0-33U? All the tutorials (including the official wiki) are really confusing and I need someone to walk me through this.

Second off, when Luma3DS is installed, is it possible to have the option to boot into either Luma3DS or my sysNAND (the original "legitimate" system firmware")? I want to know before I install it, because I do have other games on my system that I don't really want to lose and all that. I'd think it's with a boot manager but I'm not sure.

Third, I've heard it can run GBA/DS games, and I'm wondering if those need a CIA or whether I just need to put those on the root of my SD card, or if it's something totally different.

If you guys can help, I'd really appreciate it, but if not, I can understand. Thanks in advance!

GlitchMC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a new sd card today, reformatted it with emunand9, then moved all of my files to the new sd card. When i booted, it gave me a black screen. when i put the sd card in my computer, some of the folders became "files".
THen, i recopied the files. then when i booted, it still gave me a black screen, and the 3ds, luma, and a9lh folders were empty { i found out once i put the sd card in my cpu again.

i keep copying the files into the folders, but the system wont boot, and it ends up emptying thhose folders.

what did i break?

Gray_Jack

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a few questions about Luma3DS that I'd like to just throw out there and see if anyone can help me, because I'm interested in installing it and I can't figure it out.

First off, I'm trying to install Luma3DS on a :new: 3DS with system version 11.0-33U. I have the .3dsx file for 6.0.1 in my 3ds file folder (the one where you put all your homebrew apps in), and I can run the file, but it freezes on a black screen and won't do anything. I have another version as well in a separate folder, but that one just freezes at a red touch screen. I think I have all the files where I need them to be, but I'm not quite sure and I'm wondering if anyone could help me. Is it even possible to install Luma3DS on 11.0-33U? All the tutorials (including the official wiki) are really confusing and I need someone to walk me through this.

Second off, when Luma3DS is installed, is it possible to have the option to boot into either Luma3DS or my sysNAND (the original "legitimate" system firmware")? I want to know before I install it, because I do have other games on my system that I don't really want to lose and all that. I'd think it's with a boot manager but I'm not sure.

Third, I've heard it can run GBA/DS games, and I'm wondering if those need a CIA or whether I just need to put those on the root of my SD card, or if it's something totally different.

If you guys can help, I'd really appreciate it, but if not, I can understand. Thanks in advance!

If you are on the 11.0 and you don't have A9LH you cannot start a CFW

What's the point in booting the OFW? Nintendo cannot see if you are using it

You have to install the cia in the 3ds for GBA or VC emulators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol