drewby

Trophies
Website
www.instagram.com
XP
Country
United States
are you installing the GBA games to SD?
Well the weird thing is that they used to work on RxTools, but I switched to Luma3DS and now they don't work. Also, I just installed them through BBM.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I do it? When I hold L when starting luma to boot into patched Sysnand, it just restarts menuhax again instead of booting sysnand :(
I believe it's R to boot into sysnand but I'm not sure if it's patched, if it's not you have to use mini pasta homebrew I don't remember the name sorry.

After installing the CIAs, it still doesn't work. I don't have A9LH or a boot manager. BTW, i'm using an O3DS.

Is it all gba games? And have you tried reinstalling them? If not then you can try deleting the files and redownloading with 3dnus I believe it's called. But keep a backup. Gba is also acting wonky for me though and I haven't found a proper 100% fix but it might work for you.

Edit: by files I mean agb_firm and what not.

Last edited by lonewolf08,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It seems that even with region-free support, manuals for out of region games do not work (like any downloaded via freeshop or CIAngel that use CDN with no region-free patches). Manuals for games that were installed via region-free patched CIAs work fine.
Do people actually read manuals for gas I think the last one I read was back in about 1993 or there abouts lol probably a snes game manual

luffyruto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone

so my old 3ds is on rxtools 10.5 and i have problem with installing cia
So if i switch to luma3ds will it be resolved ?

Also how to switch ?

Thank you

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone

so my old 3ds is on rxtools 10.5 and i have problem with installing cia
So if i switch to luma3ds will it be resolved ?

Also how to switch ?

Thank you
To switch just follow this tutorial
Link: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/

As for, if it'll resolve your problem, have no idea, as you haven't provided any details of the CIA, how it fails or what you tried using to install it, or if it was an out-of-region .CIA, etc.

Ironknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I believe it's R to boot into sysnand but I'm not sure if it's patched, if it's not you have to use mini pasta homebrew I don't remember the name sorry.

Is it all gba games? And have you tried reinstalling them? If not then you can try deleting the files and redownloading with 3dnus I believe it's called. But keep a backup. Gba is also acting wonky for me though and I haven't found a proper 100% fix but it might work for you.

I dont have cubic ninja tho

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope if someone could clarify for me one step of Plailect's guide

I've done a9lh previously in my N3DS and one of the steps is to place firmware.bin in Luma folder
I don't see this step now in the guide? BTW I'm planing to install V1 of a9lh so I don't know if this file is necessary
if it necessary, where can I find firmware.bin for luma for O3DS

Ironknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

GOT IT WORKING, THANKS TO YOU AND YOUR MINIPASTA! I am so thankful right now omg

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope if someone could clarify for me one step of Plailect's guide

I've done a9lh previously in my N3DS and one of the steps is to place firmware.bin in Luma folder
I don't see this step now in the guide? BTW I'm planing to install V1 of a9lh so I don't know if this file is necessary
if it necessary, where can I find firmware.bin for luma for O3DS
You don't need any firmware.bin any more unless you're trying to use NTR with one of the versions that requires a specific firmware.bin if you're on newer system menus.

Reactions: memomo

Retro157

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can Somebody Help me? im using emunand and ctrbootmanager. Luma 3DS wont load smash so i look in the the troubleshooting page and it said to disable bootmanager or use a pathchanger program. So I googled pathchanger program and I didnt find anything. I'm a complete noob at this. And i dont know how to do either of these. can someone show me a Step by step instruction of this

Suwazo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope. I've followed the Plailect guide to get where I am, only notable difference being I started with rxtools emunand so I skipped the beginning.
I've fixed this now, and in appreciation to those who tried to help, I'll post how: Simply ran Luma Updater. Obviously I'd installed something incorrectly, I just ran the update on the current version and I got into the GBA games immediately afterwards.

memomo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently updated my friend's 3DS to 9.2 ( he was and still a GW user )
I've tried to setup Luma3DS to install a9lh but it give me black screen after the configuration menu in both MenuHax and BrowserHax
I've tried formatting both sd card and system without any luck,reset MenuHax and double check every necessary file is in the SD card

Any thoughts/possible reason ?

BTW I've setup Luma CFW previously in my N3DS and a friend's 2DS

Last edited by memomo,

solveig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
"noob-proof" huh. well i guess i am even more dumb.
So, SYSnand 9.2, Gateway emunand 11.0. I have a gateway flashcard and my cubic ninja copy was used to launch GW.
My emunand entrypoint was always MSET, but for some reason I thought "Luma3ds & autoboot emunand sounds cool!" and now here I am.
This is literally all i want: luma3ds to play other-region DLC and autoboot GW emunand.
The thing is, I have NO idea about menuhax/pasta or whatever, I never used ANY homebrew laucher.
There is no "install method" for luma3ds on the main site, only where to copy files. Again, I have no idea what I should do: A9LH? Menuhax/etc?
Then, what should I do after this? How do I boot it? Not explained. I imagine I should do the thingy with QR code from sysnand and launch the homebrew launcher? I guess it will be either A9LH or other hax, that will give me access to luma3ds? Ugh.
Can someone explain to me, who didn't care about homebrew before? Please?

Last edited by solveig,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer