Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

DQScott95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I ask what the Use DEVUNIT info option is on the config screen? Sorry if its been posted, im rushing to work an dtyping this quickly after browsing and uopdating to the beta (which is amazing btw) thanks @Aurora Wright

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Can I ask what the Use DEVUNIT info option is on the config screen? Sorry if its been posted, im rushing to work an dtyping this quickly after browsing and uopdating to the beta (which is amazing btw) thanks @Aurora Wright
It provides more information on crashes.

The tradeoff is you can't connect to the regular eShop, so keep that in mind if you turn it on (will work fine again when you turn the patch off).

Reactions: astronautlevel

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA games are not working in the latest AuReiNand nightly build (the astronautlevel's one). Is it just me or it happens to everybody? I patched my AGB_FIRM long before AuReiNand supported it natively.

Edit: DSiWare games aren't working, too.

Thats not the only thing that is not working properly since firm loads from nand, well there is no official release and hopefully it will be fixed soon™.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Working totally fine for me. Sysnand Mode with A9HL

Guess you are using an old3ds, i've tried last commit on new3ds and still firm 9.x doesn't start ntr without opening system settings first and gba/dsi in emunand 10.7 blackscreens.

makke007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guess you are using an old3ds, i've tried last commit on new3ds and still firm 9.x doesn't start ntr without opening system settings first and gba/dsi in emunand 10.7 blackscreens.

No i'm using a N3DS like i said on 10.7 Sysnand Mode

Maybe an Emunand Issue ?

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBA games are not working in the latest AuReiNand nightly build (the astronautlevel's one). Is it just me or it happens to everybody? I patched my AGB_FIRM long before AuReiNand supported it natively.

Edit: DSiWare games aren't working, too.
Are you using AuReiNAND's arm9loader.hax to boot your 3DS or are you using another boot manager that you then load AuReiNAND from?

Reactions: astronautlevel

hominid9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Working totally fine for me. Sysnand Mode with A9HL

1. Did you patch AGB_FIRM and TWL_FIRM before AuReiNand supported GBA and DsiWare games?
2. Are you using CtrBootManager9 (or equivalent) or are you booting AuReiNand from arm9loaderhax.bin?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Are you using AuReiNAND's arm9loader.hax to boot your 3DS or are you using another boot manager that you then load AuReiNAND from?

I'm using CtrBootManager9. AuReiNand's bin is in a folder called a9hl. In this folder there are other .bin files like Decrypt9WIP.bin or Agbsave9.bin.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i'm using a N3DS like i said on 10.7 Sysnand Mode

Maybe an Emunand Issue ?

No, old 4.20 works just fime with seperate firmware.bin. I'm using seperated sysnand and still have emunand since its in more ways bad having only sysnand.

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1. Did you patch AGB_FIRM and TWL_FIRM before AuReiNand supported GBA and DsiWare games?
2. Are you using CtrBootManager9 (or equivalent) or are you booting AuReiNand from arm9loaderhax.bin?

I'm using CtrBootManager9. AuReiNand's bin is in a folder called a9hl. In this folder there are other .bin files like Decrypt9WIP.bin or Agbsave9.bin.

did you use the path patcher ?

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CTR Bootmanager since it's a full fledged manager with menu and worked just fine before.

Anyway if thats the problem, then there is still a bug in aurei.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
CTR Bootmanager since it's a full fledged manager with menu and worked just fine before.

You'll need to use the path patcher. In order to launch GBA games and stuff using the new method, you'll need the path to AuReiNand's payload hardcoded.

AkGBA

Nope
Trophies
XP
Country
France

Nope. You have to use the path patcher. Not a ARN problem, but a user problem.

Nope. Where can I find it?

A few pages back. You're not the first one asking.

Reactions: pbanj

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

From what I'm reading the reboot patch literally reboots the 3DS, meaning it's loading arm9loaderhax again. Since you're using a boot manager it's not loading the expected thing. To test if this is indeed the issue, try temporarily replacing CtrBoot Manager9 with AuReiNAND's arm9loaderhax.bin and see if you can play GBA and DSi again.

Last edited by DocKlokMan,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol