Status
Not open for further replies.

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Aurora Wright

I've traced back the problem booting into 9.X sysnand and using ntr with latest commit ef3ba896d5a5c347e586005ab15d6931f81a159c

New3DS XL

Booting with L Button into sysNAND without any options activated > starting ntr > blackscreen/freeze 100% > 10/10 tries
Booting with L Button into sysNAND without any options activated > opening system settings once > starting ntr > works flawless

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
I failed in doing my patch --'.
Try this one please.
HELL YEAH! I can confirm that this build is working really well on Senran Kagura Burst. There is little to no lag now, even with 3D turned on! Nice work @TuxSH! I'll try it on some other games in a but, but it seems to be working pretty damned well already!

EDIT: Conception II is running a lot better with this build as well. I think we have a winner here.

Last edited by tiduscrying,
Reactions: TuxSH

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which files are safe to delete when updating from v4.2 to the latest commit?

The uploaded photo shows my current SD card setup

Untitled.png

Last edited by MSearles,

tiduscrying

that butt...
Trophies
Website
tiduscrying.wordpress.com
XP
Country
United States
Which files are safe to delete when updating from v4.2 to the latest commit?

The uploaded photo shows my current SD card setup

View attachment 45468
You can just overwrite the AuRei folder with the contents from whichever commit you're using. Copy over the new AuReiNand.dat (if you're using the .3dsx to launch it, I guess) and the new arm9loaderhax.bin file. What is in your /aurei/ folder?

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can just overwrite the AuRei folder with the contents from whichever commit you're using. Copy over the new AuReiNand.dat (if you're using the .3dsx to launch it, I guess) and the new arm9loaderhax.bin file. What is in your /aurei/ folder?

Untitled1.png

Doopl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try this one please.
Can confirm it works with MGS3D. Also checked that the higher clock survives events like pressing home, closing the lid and settings reboot (the former, at least, would reset the clock back to default with NTR).

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can a brief explanation be posted on the most recent changes in the latest commit? A sum-up. It sounds like exciting changes have been made, but I don't particularly want to read through the last 5-10 pages :)

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Can a brief explanation be posted on the most recent changes in the latest commit? A sum-up. It sounds like exciting changes have been made, but I don't particularly want to read through the last 5-10 pages :)
My site has the commit message, it basically makes it so games released for the o3ds will run at n3ds clock speeds. Games like pokemon will run at full speed.

Other changes include no more need for a firmware.bin.

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States

Who's the dumb ass now? J/k if you go back a few pages(or more this thread moves too fast) the first beta has a patcher tool(not sure if the newest one comes with it) you run the arm9loaderhax.bin through it an input its new name and path. So say you use bootanim9 you would put anim/arm9payload.bin into the patcher tool. Then you would just rename the bin to arm9payload.bin and put it in the anim folder

Edit: the newest beta she just gave the bin file so it doesn't have the patcher

Edit 2: I dug through the pages and found the first beta. It has the tool.

For anyone who can't use zippyshare or zippyshare hates them for whatever reason. Here is just the tool without the cfw and other crap.

"To use the path changer program, just drag the .bin on top and type the filename. (suppose it's in randomloader/arn.bin, type just that)."

Then there is the new cpu stuff

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try this one please.
Aaaah, yes, that's more like what I was expecting with the CPU speed patch. It seems like you got it with this one! I'm definitely seeing better framerates in the games I tested (Senran Kagura and Cube Creator 3D again, plus Code of Princess).

Last edited by 9thSage,

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using the build on my site you can delete the patched_firmware_sys.bin and the firmware.bin. Otherwise, you can only delete the arm9payload.bin and the lastbootcfg.

So just to reiterate, using your build, it's safe to delete the files listed below, as they're no longer needed? And we still need a default.bin?

patched_firmware_sys.bin
firmware.bin
AuReiNand.dat
arm9payload.bin
lastbootcfg

Last edited by MSearles,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...