Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So for some reason simply renaming firmware90.bin to firmware.bin doesn't make me autoboot sysnand with firmware90. So I'll just go back to holding l on boot and using the gateway cia to boot into gateway mode when needed

I'm on 9.2 sysnand btw and no I'm not using menuhax:) just simply clicking the cia once loaded into sysnand, thanks anyways everyone for the help. Hopefully aurora can add a flag to autoboot sysnand with firmware90.bin

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here is my setting:
-A9LH: FIX94 fork (backlight sets at 0 at boot, no screen flashing, just a clean boot)
-AuReiNand, last version.

It is great really. I really wanted to use L+R to boot CTRBootManager but as backlight is set to 0, we cannot. (And this backlight sets to 0 is the only way to have a really "clean" boot with no flashing screen at boot.)
The main issue is that, because of this lack of backlight, we can't use L+R to boot into CTRBootManager, FIX94 made it really to use arm9select, that is great obviously but I wanted a menu to have more than one payload easily. (the way arm9select managed the payload allows a quick boot but it is named up/down/left/right/a/b, etc)

I slightly edit main.c in the source of arm9select, it does not check which buttons you are pressing to boot a payload.
I renamed it to arm9payload.bin and put it into the rei folder. It checks for two files in the rei folder: "backlight" and "menu.bin". (backlight is just a flag, menu.bin is CTRbootmanager9.)

It works well, I let this edit of FIX94's work here. (everything is really 100% his work, I did not remove ANYTHING except the fact that even if you press A/R/X/whatever, it will boot straight to menu.bin.)

Attachments

• Arm9Payload.zip
    6.3 KB · Views: 88

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here is my setting:
-A9LH: FIX94 fork (backlight sets at 0 at boot, no screen flashing, just a clean boot)
-AuReiNand, last version.

It is great really. I really wanted to use L+R to boot CTRBootManager but as backlight is set to 0, we cannot. (And this backlight sets to 0 is the only way to have a really "clean" boot with no flashing screen at boot.)
The main issue is that, because of this lack of backlight, we can't use L+R to boot into CTRBootManager, FIX94 made it really to use arm9select, that is great obviously but I wanted a menu to have more than one payload easily. (the way arm9select managed the payload allows a quick boot but it is named up/down/left/right/a/b, etc)

I slightly edit main.c in the source of arm9select, it does not check which buttons you are pressing to boot a payload.
I renamed it to arm9payload.bin and put it into the rei folder. It checks for two files in the rei folder: "backlight" and "menu.bin". (backlight is just a flag, menu.bin is CTRbootmanager9.)

It works well, I let this edit of FIX94's work here. (everything is really 100% his work, I did not remove ANYTHING except the fact that even if you press A/R/X/whatever, it will boot straight to menu.bin.)

this is asking a lot (sorry), but would you have a couple of pictures or a video of how it looks ? Sounds great :)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
...but it already ignores if you press a r x or anything else if the files for it dont exist so it boots up default.bin so this is pointless.

Aurora Wright

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes but I believe I had problems loading from that folder previously.
Problem is, there's no code whatsoever (neither in AuRei, nor in loader.bin) to shutdown the console. So I'm not sure what you're doing.
And no, the console doesn't shutdown on its own.

Banamy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I'll get back to that problem later. I got a new one. My memory card decided to break, and now I have a RAW format. Probably have to format :/

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
...but it already ignores if you press a r x or anything else if the files for it dont exist so it boots up default.bin so this is pointless.

I know but I wanted to change the repository to boot from /rei. :)

this is asking a lot (sorry), but would you have a couple of pictures or a video of how it looks ? Sounds great :)

I'll try to record a video and post it here. I'll quote you again at this moment. :P

Reactions: Sev501 and peteruk

Sachi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to you add armips to path? If I run it, it just display a windows for a millisecond and nothing...

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How to you add armips to path? If I run it, it just display a windows for a millisecond and nothing...
I'm not on my PC right now so I don't exactly remember, but you place armips in the DevKitArm bin folder, then add that to path.

My PC, right click, properties, (on the left) advanced system settings, environmental variables, then on the bottom one, you'll see something called "path", add the DevKitArm bin directory to it.

Surfi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's the 10.2 FIRM, in case you want to use NTR.

Isn't it 9.6 firm the last one supported by NTR?

And my question is, which differences are between putting the NTR firmware.bin or the rei firmware.bin? I know that NTR firmware let us lunch the NTR and rei doesn't, so which is the advantage of using rei firmware.bin?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay