Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBoyXxX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oh nice its work thanks i think i have lost all what i have make hahaha i have formatet my sysnand its a problem for the future updates? or i need to installed onemore tine the arm9loaderhax.3dsx? because i have using tinyformater on my sysnand

Expliciate

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone

I followed this tutorial https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax) word for word part 1 to part 5. I have installed armsloaderhax, fbi, Homebrew Launcher and im on systemnand. How do I install AuReiNand (on the old3ds)? I dont want even take the chance of brick by doing something wrong.

Thanks
I'm assuming you follow the updated guide for one system, your o3ds, and now want to convert from CakesFW -> AuReiNand?
You can just delete everything you have for CakesFW and BootCtr9 on the SD card and put in the files for AuReiNand, including the firmware bins. (Refer to OP for installing AuReiNand files)

When you boot, hold L to boot into sysNAND and set up an emunand if you don't have one already. Otherwise, just booting without holding any buttons will autoboot to emunand

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
currently flashing ctrnand_emu to sys nand using latest Decrypt9WIP, wish me luck!
Update: Success! Menus transition faster but boot time is the same for me between emunand and sysnand probably because i use large capacity cards, i'm not complaining just a note to those on the fence about the switch.

How many flashes can we do to nand before it dies anyways?

Also, is firm 0 and firm 1 patched from update even without using updatedsysnand flag?

Thanks

Edit: I've changed my mind, I have to return to emunand. I have two mem cards and by using updated sys nand for 1 mem card I have created the gift bug for the other card, both cards stem from the same emunand, oh well :) Glad I woke up to what was going on before I visited data management:ohnoes:

Last edited by democracy,
D

Deleted User

So what exactly does the "usepatchedfw" flag do and am I able to use it on A9LH without bad juju?

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
guys. plz help. i already success installing a9lh with sysnand 9.2 and emunand 10.4. im using bootctr9 and able to load sysnand by creating updatedsysnand in /rei folder. however after i deleted the file im unable to load to emunand. it suppose to auto load emunand isnt it?. it also happened with cakes as well.

p/s: i create emunand using emunand9.

Februarysn0w

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
guys. plz help. i already success installing a9lh with sysnand 9.2 and emunand 10.4. im using bootctr9 and able to load sysnand by creating updatedsysnand in /rei folder. however after i deleted the file im unable to load to emunand. it suppose to auto load emunand isnt it?. it also happened with cakes as well.

p/s: i create emunand using emunand9.
it's weird. try to put installeda9lh flag and boot your 3ds. and check it what will happen.

Last edited by Februarysn0w,

Saionji

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nope, still unable to load emunand. i might missed something important here.
Have the same with AuReiNand... but it works for me with Cakes.
I can't find the solution and stayed with updated sysNAND only on AuReiNand.
But u already should have nand's backup so u can roll back if something goes wrong.
Im a little bit worried about using sysNAND cause dont konow what happens if it gets banned.

innercy

Trophies
XP
Country
Have the same with AuReiNand... but it works for me with Cakes.
I can't find the solution and stayed with updated sysNAND only on AuReiNand.
But u already should have nand's backup so u can roll back if something goes wrong.
Im a little bit worried about using sysNAND cause dont konow what happens if it gets banned.

too bad cakes wont work neither. i feel save with 9.2 sysnand thats why i plan to use emunand. hope someone can help

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since op doesn't state it.
Will newest build from AW work on older non screen-init version of a9lhax?
I have no need in splash screen, even kind of dislike those.
Yes, it does.

Aurora's actually still using the non-screen init version of A9LH :P

You can still use D9 by pressing L+R but you'd need to follow her guide a few pages back.

Serphirot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Since op doesn't state it.
Will newest build from AW work on older non screen-init version of a9lhax?
I have no need in splash screen, even kind of dislike those.
Yes everything should work. The feature of loading D9 by pressing L + R works with the changes Aurora did so D9 initalises the screen or you load bootctr9 with it and that can load the payload you want and initalise the screen for the payloads you told him to do in the ini.

Reactions: BasedIndex

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Yes everything should work. The feature of loading D9 by pressing L + R works with the changes Aurora did so D9 initalises the screen or you load bootctr9 with it and that can load the payload you want and initalise the screen for the payloads you told him to do in the ini.
That's good news.
I was wondering, if I've been using a9lhax aureinand I don't need to replace any firm on my sd card after 3.7 update amirite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt