Hacking Luma3DS - Noob-proof 3DS Custom Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

Expliciate

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I got arm9payload.bin (decrypt9) in /rei folder but when I hold L+R on boot it's just black screen.
Someone mentioned that I don't need newest a9lhax.
Am I missing something?
Cheers.

https://mega.nz/#!pQtw0DyD!1B3oOVu7nARM4qvfAU2rX1eDB22Tr6gEGh8_uRmLQ_Q

If you're not using the latest version of A9LH, then use this version of D9. (Thanks @Aurora Wright for telling us how to do this!)
Don't forget to rename this to arm9payload.bin.
Not sure which one that is, but there's also an official updated release of D9 supporting a9lh.
https://github.com/d0k3/Decrypt9WIP/releases

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

LiquidAudacity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. How would I know which version of a9lh I have installed? I feel like a noob asking this but I haven't really found anything about it anywhere.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. How would I know which version of a9lh I have installed? I feel like a noob asking this but I haven't really found anything about it anywhere.
If the screen flashes for one second when booting the 3DS, then you have the latest version of A9LH.

If the screen stays black until it boots, you're using the original version of A9LH.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i would like to know that too, i am a total noob with A9LH, haha.

one more thing, with the L+R to boot into D9, i know we have a arm9payload bin in the root, and the decrypt9wip bin needs to be renamed into arm9payload bin and placed in the rei folder in order to use it with L+R yep? could this method work for Homebrew Launcher also :) ?

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

one more thing, with the L+R to boot into D9, i know we have a arm9payload bin in the root, and the decrypt9wip bin needs to be renamed into arm9payload bin and placed in the rei folder in order to use it with L+R yep? could this method work for Homebrew Launcher also :) ?
Unfortunately, no.

I don't know exactly how it works, (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), but HBL obviously needs a FIRM to boot. A9LH can only boot into arm9 stuff (Things that can only be ran on 9.2, such as CFW and D9).
The CFW and D9 (in A9LH) boot before the system "boots", and since HBL isn't an arm9 program, you cannot boot it with A9LH.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Unfortunately, no.

I don't know exactly how it works, (someone please correct me if I'm wrong), but HBL obviously needs a FIRM to boot. A9LH can only boot into arm9 stuff (Things that can only be ran on 9.2, such as CFW and D9).
The CFW and D9 (in A9LH) boot before the system "boots", and since HBL isn't an arm9 program, you cannot boot it with A9LH.

thx my friend ! and sorry i mistook "arm9loaderhax" for the arm9payload XD .. i shall try the L+R thing now with d9 renaming its bin to arm9payload bin and putin it in rei fodler :)

my 3ds flashes for 1sec. so i guess i have the latest version of it

edit: L+R to boot d9 works beautifully <3 thanks devs.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

LiquidAudacity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the screen flashes for one second when booting the 3DS, then you have the latest version of A9LH.

If the screen stays black until it boots, you're using the original version of A9LH.
Thanks. Looks like I have the newer version. Good because I don't really want to mess with updating it.

Cuphat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

A9LH will never be able to boot directly to Homebrew Launcher. An easy way to get to the Homebrew Launcher is just to install the Homebrew Launcher CIA by yellows8 to the NANDs that you are using.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an N3DSXL with Aureinand setup booting updating sysnand. How do I boot into emunand? Holding L+R boots Decrypt9.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holding L or R doesn't do anything. I suppose that means I have Aurienand installed incorrectly. I'll check the files.

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. No. I forgot. I removed that. I was following Plailect's guide. So this means I have no emunand, and I have to go back to Emunand9 to create one?

1. Open EmuNAND9
  2. Go to "SD Format Options", then "Format SD..."
  3. Select the "Format SD Without EmuNAND" option

MSearles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My Sysnand is actually updated to the latest firmware. Does that mean that I'll have to downgrade to 9.2 now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    @BigOnYa thanks but my question isn't there
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You ask your questions there, create a new thread if its not already answered, then eventually a 3ds genius will respond.
  • ShinyLuxio @ ShinyLuxio:
    I will, thanks
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No prob and btw, welcome to gbatemp! :grog:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 I got some cheapies at wallys, that are pretty good, already have lost a few expensive ones (one falls out and gone, can't find) while cutting grass so bought some cheap ones, and of course never lose these cheap ones. (Cheap meaning only $35, compared to air buds which I only have 1 of 2 now)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They need to add air tags to they airbuds..
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa the airtags are bigger than the airpods, they won't fit
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Be cool tech tho. Of course they want to lose them anyways. Buy and buy again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Apple could make a find my AirPods thing pretty easily
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You would think, esp using bluetooth, not GPS, like a "your getting hot-er" meter on your phone.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think they should tie up diddy, and let all the victims come and abuse him, we'll make a holiday of it every year. (jk, maybe)
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm starting to sound like a Tck Gonna cut myself off.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's not 4th of July yet
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It is in India.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wow, only $700?
  • SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze:
    Hey :)
    If I book mark the topic where can I read them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with the profile icon highlighted at the top, and the "bookmarks" banner next to it in gray. Click on that icon and you'll get a list of your bookmarks.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Banners we don't need no stinking banners! Lol
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [bans you for not taking a bath] :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Who bans the banners?
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I just did
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just did