Not open for further replies.

deBaer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi!

I switched from Gateway with Ninjhax to Luma3DS with A9LH, following the wiki guide. But now, the DS games on my GW blue card do not run any more. I can boot the DS laucher, but when I select a game, it hang with both screens white. Loading moonshell works. I tried the GW blue card kernel and the MultiKernel 1.2, and I also tried using a MT blue card, always the same. I tried reinstalling AGB and TWL firms, but no luck. And now I'm a bit helpless.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Simon

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I'm having a small issue...decided to back up all of SD card, re-formatted my SD, then put everything back in it & now I'm getting a 3 second slow flashing blue light which flashes once and refuses to turn on my 3DS after installing Lumas + a9lh method.

I backed up everything & put everything back, so I'm wondering what happened? Does anyone know?

The SD card is properly formatted as far as I'm aware, FAT32 for a 64GB SD card.

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I'm having a small issue...decided to back up all of SD card, re-formatted my SD, then put everything back in it & now I'm getting a 3 second slow flashing blue light which flashes once and refuses to turn on my 3DS after installing Lumas + a9lh method.

I backed up everything & put everything back, so I'm wondering what happened? Does anyone know?

The SD card is properly formatted as far as I'm aware, FAT32 for a 64GB SD card.

try changing the arm9loaderhax.bin on the sd card.

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try changing the arm9loaderhax.bin on the sd card.

Well...I just tried that & nothing happened. Still get the flashing light.

Is a9lh picky with what name you pick for the new SD...does it have to be the same name, by any chance? Because I don't know what else to think is the issue for this.

JoaoVictor

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, i'm new on 3DS scene and have a noob question.
I'm on Luma 6.1 and want to update to the newest version 6.5 so i can update my emuNAND, what files do i need to overwrite on my SDcard to mannually update luma?
I've tried with lumaupdater but couldn't find the right file to update, since the latest luma updates don't uses Luma3ds.dat anymore.
Or can i update my emuNAND from 11.1 to 11.2 even with luma on 6.1?

I'm using Luma3DS with CTRBoot Manager to autoboot on Luma and doesn't have ARM9LoaderHax yet.

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I just want to thank you because I was using a nightly rxtools and I was having some bothering flicker-lines problem with an undub version of a game, but I've switched to luma3ds 6.5 and the effect has gone

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well...I just tried that & nothing happened. Still get the flashing light.

Is a9lh picky with what name you pick for the new SD...does it have to be the same name, by any chance? Because I don't know what else to think is the issue for this.

Yes, it has to be arm9loaderhax.bin for it to load. I have seen issues like this before, but I haven't found a solution. If it turns on and then turns off, then you are NOT bricked, you are having some sort of sd card issue.

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, it has to be arm9loaderhax.bin for it to load. I have seen issues like this before, but I haven't found a solution. If it turns on and then turns off, then you are NOT bricked, you are having some sort of sd card issue.

Alright just fixed it! Used '3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator' to properly format the SD so it could be read by a9lh properly...

...But in order to even format with the program, you have to opt-in for an EmuNAND partition, there's not a simple 'Format drive'. But you can remove the EmuNAND partition by simply using the Remove NAND option after you set it up & it proceeds to reformatting it again while removing the EmuNAND partition. It takes a few extra (unnecessary) steps, but it works! Can't complain! :D

You can find the '3DS Multi EmuNAND Creator' program on the thread below.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-multi-emunand-creator.381603/

Cheers! :D

AxelHei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I installed the clean titles for twl and agb and now my sysnand wont boot. I installed the clean titles because it never worked

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
So I installed the clean titles for twl and agb and now my sysnand wont boot. I installed the clean titles because it never worked
do you have a sysnand backup? if yes, you could restore it to the point before you installed these both clean titles and figure out what went wrong.

AxelHei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have a sysnand backup? if yes, you could restore it to the point before you installed these both clean titles and figure out what went wrong.
I not have a backup currently but i do have an emunand that works fine would there be anyway to import through there

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
Oh deary. Please someone help me.. I just updated one of my systems which runs A9LH SysnNAD from 11.1 to 11.2 and got greeted with
Code:
An error has occured!

Failed to appy 1 FIRM patch(es).

press any button to shutdown

Running Luma3DS V6.3.1-121792be.. - what should I do? :(

EDIT: Fixed, updated to latest luma from site

Last edited by proflayton123,

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I not have a backup currently but i do have an emunand that works fine would there be anyway to import through there
First, I ask about if you do have installed A9LH on your 3DS unit and any useful payloads like Decrypt9 or Hourglass9(more safer and noob-friendly), then you could re-flash your Emunand backup to sysnand as long as you click ''keep a9lh'' option and see what happens next.

Oh deary. Please someone help me.. I just updated one of my systems which runs A9LH SysnNAD from 11.1 to 11.2 and got greeted with
Code:
An error has occured!

Failed to appy 1 FIRM patch(es).

press any button to shutdown

Running Luma3DS V6.3.1-121792be.. - what should I do? :(

You have to manually put Luma 6.5 arm9loaderhax.bin into the root of your SD, it should boot just fine.

Edit: nevermind you already fixed it yourself. :P

Last edited by Windylacine,
Reactions: proflayton123

AxelHei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I ask about if you do have installed A9LH on your 3DS unit and any useful payloads like Decrypt9 or Hourglass9(more safer and noob-friendly), then you could re-flash your Emunand backup to sysnand as long as you click ''keep a9lh'' option and see what happens next.

You have to manually put Luma 6.5 arm9loaderhax.bin into the root of your SD, it should boot just fine.

Edit: nevermind you already fixed it yourself. :P
I have arm9loader couldnt I do ctrnand or something like ut

Motisma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, can i update my n3ds with emunand 11.1 (luma3ds) to the 11.2 one without brick the emunand ?

Windylacine

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
I have arm9loader couldnt I do ctrnand or something like ut

Nah It don't have to be A9LH.bin on CTRNAND, it is used as a failsafe in case if your SD card ever fail,

BTW, have you tried re-flash your emunand backup on sysnand in hourglass9?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello, can i update my n3ds with emunand 11.1 (luma3ds) to the 11.2 one without brick the emunand ?

Well It works fine in my recent test.

SunUios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Noob here, I've been out of the scene for awhile as I already have a 3ds with ARM9 and Luma, but this 3ds is my brothers and I want to save myself time too :)

I've been looking around the internet for a while and have been stuck on a part on installing lumaCFW, I can install Luma and I can get to emunand, as well as the Luma menu but whenever I power off my console it always boots into sysnand, for some reason I don't think it's installed all the way. I can delete the config file and it will boot into emunand though

I tried holding down the L button to boot into the emunand that doesn't work
I tried holding down the select button but it won't let me access the luma menu, which is why I think it isn't fully installing
I'm at the part where I have successfully updated Luma
I am using the boot file from the Luma folder if that helps at all
I am also using Luma 6.3.1

Is there a better way to not have to delete that config file and still be able to launch menuhax

EDIT: Never mind I figured out the problem, I just forgot to hold select to access emunand

Last edited by SunUios,

anon2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
when i attempt to boot 6.5 from ctrbootmanager it freezes and i had to hard turn off. No black screen or what so ever, just stuck at the boot manager. Advices plz?????????

Skylinedeadline

Shitposter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I recently updated my a9lh and the screen said the update was successful, closed it out and everything still works perfectly fine as before.
But, I tried copying the arm9loaderhax.bin from my sd to my CTRnand and took my sd out after it had been pasted, it still shuts off near instantly?
I'm using Luma 6.5 and presumably the a9lh update is the newest from the guide anyways (I hadn't updated before)

What would be preventing it from booting without the sd now? Is it possible that the update wasn't actually successful? Again it's never been updated before as far as I know but I followed the guide properly and it didn't say it failed or anything like that. Are there some other files I'd need before being able to boot without the sd? any settings in luma I need to set before being able to? Should I just redo the whole process of updating and hope it works that time?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I have a doubt about the CTRNAND stuff and the reboot patch (for GBA/DS/3DS extended memory games).
I can't tell where Luma booted from, so I need to use SD being inserted or not to determine using the /luma folder on SD or CTRNAND. This can't be changed.
But I saw people want to use arm9loaderhax.bin from CTRNAND even with the SD inserted...what could be done is making it try arm9loaderhax.bin on SD, then CTRNAND. but this also mean that if you have a /luma/path.txt on SD containing "/whatever.bin" this filename would be attempted first on SD then on CTRNAND.
Is this counter intuitive?
The thing is, loading the "arm9loaderhax.bin" from the CTRNAND actually does work when the SD card is inspired and in fact when doing so, it creates a /luma folder. This almost sounds like you are trying to avoid clutter on the SD card, but in theory, you can just move all the redirect files to another folder. You don't need to clutter everything into the root.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.