ROM Hack Love Plus translation

N-TG

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Greece
But damn... He married Nene... She is mine!!!!! (/sarcasm off)

Well I like this game... I understand a lot of the stuff she says to me... I can see his point of view to marry this character (or any virtual character at all)...

But I must give kudos to KONAMI they made a freaking game that caused fear of the hearts of all females out there.... (Now aply a sex machine to that and you won't be needing girl at all XD )

I wonder if they have any plans to release this game anywhere else except Japan. I think now would be the best time because they can't have any more commercial value than this.

If they don't. Good luck with the translation... And as I always ask, plz make a choices and menu patch first then everything else

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
luke_c said:
You don't HAVE to use my translation, in fact, I would prefer it if you didn't, you would just find something to bitch and whine about, and as I said in my first post, i'm doing this because I want to, not for the community, if they want to use it, fine, but having a translation which is partially accurate and still enjoyable over something you can't even read would be better would it not? Now I can understand what pisses off translators, it's people like you.
Quite the contrary in fact, people like you make me do this:

3003232946_f412af45c9.jpg

Skid00dshi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.random.org
XP
Country
United States
CyrusBlue said:
If you don't speak the language then you shouldn't be trying to translate it.

There's nothing to argue about.
It's called attempted translation.
Let him do what he wants. It's his life. We shouldn't get involve.
We the people can do what so ever we desire. If he wants to translate the game, let him translate the game.

Chaz.

Trophies
XP
Country
GBATemp forumers... never happy. Always find something to whine at. It's as bad as ONM on here. The guys at TLWiki havn't done anything for a while now. At least Luke_C is giving something a go. Like he said if you don't want to use the patch, don't use it. Simple as. I can see the same as what happened to Waturukuns Soul Silver patch. Flamers spammed him so he quit. This shouldn't happen they are trying to HELP.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kadushy said:
CyrusBlue said:
If you don't speak the language then you shouldn't be trying to translate it.

There's nothing to argue about.
It's called attempted translation.
Let him do what he wants. It's his life. We shouldn't get involve.
We the people can do what so ever we desire. If he wants to translate the game, let him translate the game.

Well they don't let me fly the plane when I say I'm "attempting to fly it", now do they?

Leave translation to translators, leave beta testing to the other guys. Then we all have a part!

bahamut920

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I don't see the reason for all the venom, here. If you don't like the translation, don't use it. It's that simple.

Whether he's using Google and polishing to taste or he actually learns Japanese and attempts to translate on his own, he's still doing a service to the community - the game is still more intelligible after the translation than it was before it, for those of us who do not read fluent Japanese, and it's not like he's asking for donations or pay or anything, so there isn't even any pressure to "get your money's worth." And who knows; perhaps this translation will then motivate somebody to go back and do the whole thing "for real." Maybe, as he learns more about rom hacking, luke_c will decide to go back to this project someday and have a translator fluent in both languages go over the script and polish it up. All I can say is, if you're not doing it yourself, keep your anger away from somebody who is.

@ Guild McCommunist - The problem with your analogy is, if his patch crashes, all you have to do is reboot your DS. Problem solved, no lives lost.
tongue.gif

@ luke_c - Perhaps you could make this an open translation project? Put the script up on Google docs or something, and then invite translators to translate as much as they see fit, when they see fit. It will result in a more natural and accurate translation, and you would be the hacker and project coordinator, not the translator. It seems that you'd draw a lot less lightning that way.

metroid4life14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you guys are getting pissy about something really insignificant. How is this different than if he just did the translation for fun and didn't share if w/ the community? Use it if you want; if not, just pretend it doesn't exist. No harm done.

Shintek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Even if you guys like to kick oneanother asses, this thread deserves more than page 3~

I get the gist of the majority of voice stuff, but my reading/talking skills are horrible. Would really like to hear some news about this now and than~

Keep it Up, whoever is working on this right now!

renton56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
probably a noob question but here goes

how can we tell from the translation wiki where the translation may be downloaded, searched the site for other completed translations and still couldnt find download links

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Noitora said:
luke_c said:
You don't HAVE to use my translation, in fact, I would prefer it if you didn't, you would just find something to bitch and whine about, and as I said in my first post, i'm doing this because I want to, not for the community, if they want to use it, fine, but having a translation which is partially accurate and still enjoyable over something you can't even read would be better would it not? Now I can understand what pisses off translators, it's people like you.
Quite the contrary in fact, people like you make me do this:

3003232946_f412af45c9.jpg
And why is that?

WataruKun

Rom translator.
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Noitora said:
WataruKun said:
Geez, some of you people on here need to grow the fuck up. Why is it you turn every translation topic into a flame war?
From Noitora with love:

Look%20whos%20talking040809.jpg
Yes, I see who's talking, it's you. Congratulations sir, you can post a picture, you're a genius. Now go shut up and make a menu patch or something.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
WataruKun said:
Noitora said:
WataruKun said:
Geez, some of you people on here need to grow the fuck up. Why is it you turn every translation topic into a flame war?
From Noitora with love:

Yes, I see who's talking, it's you. Congratulations sir, you can post a picture, you're a genius. Now go shut up and make a menu patch or something.
At least I have the skills needed to make menu patches.

QUOTE(luke_c @ Jan 3 2010, 06:57 PM)
And why is that?
Because since you have the text dumped and all you can easily turn this into an open translation...

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread (and others like it) makes me sad. Guy comes to the beach, says, "Hey, I'm gonna build a sand castle." Another kid comes over and says, "Hey, cool sand castle, but you're doing it all wrong. Here, let me show you how to do it right." First kid says, "But I gotta leave soon. I just want to make something I can enjoy now. I don't have time to build Sim City." Other kid kicks his sand castle over and says, "Fine, I didn't wanna help you anyway!"

blink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: