Hardware List of hardmod installers by region

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious but do you guys add people who do firmware downgrades/A9LH installs only? I've done a good handful for people since December '15. Two of them are members of the temp albeit these two didn't send me their DS I walked them through the process either through text or skype @E. Nygmuh @Hotice03. I did another for someone new to the temp who JUST got his DS back by mail yesterday @BIGLUCCI who can vouch as well. Also, Of course I have installed the same on my own 3 3DS' as well as my family. Again, not sure if there is a need for downgraders per se, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. TIA for any replies. :D

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious but do you guys add people who do firmware downgrades/A9LH installs only? I've done a good handful for people since December '15. Two of them are members of the temp albeit these two didn't send me their DS I walked them through the process either through text or skype @E. Nygmuh @Hotice03. I did another for someone new to the temp who JUST got his DS back by mail yesterday @BIGLUCCI who can vouch as well. Also, Of course I have installed the same on my own 3 3DS' as well as my family. Again, not sure if there is a need for downgraders per se, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. TIA for any replies. :D
Hardmod only to keep the confusion away.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No worries although considering the list is small as it is, how would it be confusing to have a list of hardmodders and Downgraders? Nothing personal but that just seems like a farce to me when I see enough people asking for just a downgrade, and not a hardmod. Wouldn't it be better to offer both so members aren't forced to go the Hardmod route if they don't want to? Just seems like hardmodders don't want people offering the same for downgrades in the assumption they might lose work.....

Last edited by Majickhat55,

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really, we offer hardmod or downgrade. Hardmod don't have to be permanent, with hardmodders customers are paying for a guarantee.

Our method however is brick free and all risk of permanently bricking or softbrick is eliminated. Also, we can do more than 1 console per week due to that system transfer limitation.

My advice, go start your own thread and call it ( softmod installation ) service.

Im not worried about losing customers, i have a fairly large reputation already. Also people prefer hardmod for the sole fact they have read and write access to the nand. If Nintendo ever patches arm9, than they are able to quickly recover.

I'm sure the dsiwarehax will be patched rather soon as well.

Hardmod, they would have to do a complete motherboard change.

Last edited by vb_encryption_vb,

BIGLUCCI

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would like to vouch for @Majickhat55 I sent him my ds and he successfully downgraded and put cfw on ot for me.. He's very reliable and very helpful he also wrote me a full document on how too use it(I'm a noob lol) anywho I vouch for him he's very trustworthy

Selver

Trophies
XP
Country
@mashers -- Please remove hundshamer from the "active" list of US hardmodders.

Hundshamer still has my brand-new N3DS from February 4th, and has once again gone dark, not responding to PMs or posts on his profile for multiple weeks. I waited through months of excuses, but when he's claiming he's "available for new orders", but can't answer PMs that only ask for an updated ETA, that should raise suspicions. All this after he screwed up the initial hardmod in multiple ways -- putting the port externally visible, a hardmod that gave corruption with every single dump(*), and most recently said two other cables were broken also.

I can no longer sit by as others consider sending their systems to hundshamer, without at least warning them of the dire possibilities. At the absolute least, Hundshamer overloads himself and then fails to respond to inquiries. At the worst, he's being paid to selling lots of systems, but never returning the money to the rightful owner.

I've tried to stay positive. I've given hundshamer the ability to correct me, to show me my concerns are wrong, but he's just staying silent. People need to be aware that they might never see their system again if sent to hundshamer.

(*) The same nand type, same system type, same reader, and same cable work fine. Multiple dumps (without N3DS losing power or rebooting) consistently show different data.

Reactions: Kioku

icecreamcake

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry about your experience, Selver. I've been following the story for a while and it seems Hundshamer gets no shortage of potential customers. Why don't harmodders set a limit on how many 3DS they're willing to hold at a time and put others on a waiting list? It's less stressful for all parties involved.

Last edited by icecreamcake,

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about your experience, Selver. I've been following the story for a while and it seems Hundshamer gets no shortage of potential customers. Why don't harmodders set a limit on how many 3DS they're willing to hold at a time and put others on a waiting list? It's less stressful for all parties involved.
Turn around time is still way unacceptable, i get just as many customers if not more and my turn around time is 7 to 10 days.

Reactions: Selver

icecreamcake

Trophies
XP
Country
Turn around time is still way unacceptable, i get just as many customers if not more and my turn around time is 7 to 10 days.

Wow, you must work hard during weeks with lots of requests. I think it's reasonable for hardmodders to turn down requests if they get too many at a time. I assume hardmods will be in high demand when Pokemon SM comes out, which is around the time I plan to get a 3DS for hardmod. Hope you won't be too busy during the holidays.

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, you must work hard during weeks with lots of requests. I think it's reasonable for hardmodders to turn down requests if they get too many at a time. I assume hardmods will be in high demand when Pokemon SM comes out, which is around the time I plan to get a 3DS for hardmod. Hope you won't be too busy during the holidays.

Not really, hardmod takes about 30 minutes....

Reactions: ihaveahax

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Another one? :(

Hundshamer is out of excuses if it takes him over 6 months to do something that takes 30 minutes.

Eh. I've spoken to hund a few times on the matter. I'm understanding of real life issues. However, after working on quite a few systems, and even SKIPPING mine (not just once mind you). My patience is very, very thin.

icecreamcake

Trophies
XP
Country
Eh. I've spoken to hund a few times on the matter. I'm understanding of real life issues. However, after working on quite a few systems, and even SKIPPING mine (not just once mind you). My patience is very, very thin.

Seems like he has organization issues. He should stop taking new orders if real life issues come up. People will be understanding if he did. Also, there's no excuse for not responding to messages from customers. Anyone can go to a public library or wifi hotspot to go online.

Reactions: Selver

mashers

Stubborn ape
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok, with regret I have now taken @hundshamer off the list. This is purely in response to the feedback in this thread. I have no personal experience with him. If the situation changes then I'll add him back in.

Reactions: Kioku

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Yeah pretty much every console I have done has been back in the post within 3 days with a few exceptions, the longest I had one was about a month which was the first time I did a 2ds and was struggling to find a compatible SD reader for it and even then I felt pretty shitty for having it so long, but I did message the owner at least every few days to keep them informed

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
I do this for living over here...(Germany) doing Xboxen, PS3, Wii, Handheld s and repair for all of them and Smartphones and Computer as well... One man business... Never need a week. But maybe you Guys have "proper" job as well.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G935F mit Tapatalk

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
You can add me to the list of people who got nothing back from hundshamer. Gave him 10$ for just a done up SD card as I didn't have any handy and figured if I was going to buy one it might as well be done up. At least I'm only out 10$ and not however much he charges for a hardmod and my 3ds.
That was back in Feb.

Last edited by pbanj,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But instead, advertising cheap turntable styluses that claim to reduce hiss and noise.