Hacking List of all Gateway questions (9.2.0-20)

platoss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
a oke my priority is to play cia games on my 3ds curently i have only homebrew via sky3ds plus and i have no sysnand or emunand installed and i wil not risked a brick in my 3ds.

Janner

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hi, I have a NEW 3DS on firmware 9.2 which has already been downgraded, will I be able to install gateway onto it without using Ocarina of Time??

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes. Usual steps are
  • Browserhax
  • Menuhax
  • Just stick Gateway onto Menuhax
But actually don't do this.
Follow this guide here https://plailect.github.io/Guide/
Then once you have a9lh, use emuNAND9 or whatever to create an emuNAND if you want, then follow this guide here to get your Gateway working https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

This if you already bought your Gateway, but if you didn't, then don't buy any and just follow the first guide, Plailect's guide.

Janner

Trophies
XP
Country
Taiwan
Yes. Usual steps are
  • Browserhax
  • Menuhax
  • Just stick Gateway onto Menuhax
But actually don't do this.
Follow this guide here https://plailect.github.io/Guide/
Then once you have a9lh, use emuNAND9 or whatever to create an emuNAND if you want, then follow this guide here to get your Gateway working https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-using-luma3ds-with-gateway-on-v2-a9lh.431691/

This if you already bought your Gateway, but if you didn't, then don't buy any and just follow the first guide, Plailect's guide.
Thanks!!!!

19cookies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd recommend to just update to a9lh. It is way better than gateway. I am an ex-Gateway user myself. My gateway is now a $70 coaster for those tiny glasses of espresso. :P
Thanks, I'll have to look into that. I've been using Gateway since it first came out :P

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'd recommend to just update to a9lh. It is way better than gateway. I am an ex-Gateway user myself. My gateway is now a $70 coaster for those tiny glasses of espresso. :P
This does not mean anything. A9LH is an entrypoint and Gateway is a CFW, so you can't say that A9LH is better than Gateway. You can say that Gateway is better with A9LH, that A9LH is better than MSET, and that Luma+A9LH is better than Gateway+A9LH, but not that A9LH is better than Gateway.

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Probably answered 1 million times, but I have to try :):

Couple of years of not using the 3ds + gateway, v.4.5.0-U. Is it better to forget about gw (with all the new stuff around..) or just use Plailect's guide + fix for gateway? I just need a simple solution to start playing again without bricks, etc. Pro/cons of both methods don't matter to much to me.

Thx in advance!

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you use Gateway cheats, forget about it and just use a free CFW (so you can boot your 3DS without needing a red cart). If you do use cheats every single day though, NTR will seem laughable to your eyes so use the "fix" for Gateway.

uortex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey everybody,

I haven't used my N3DS XL + Gateway in a while but with Pokemon being released, I kind of want to get back into it.
I missed most of the CFW stuff, so I really have no idea, if it would have any advantages over my gateway.
If so, how would I install the CFW the easiest way and which one should I choose?

Right now I'm on 9.2 with my emunand on GW3D 10.7.0-32E, what should my next step be? On the Gateway homepage I've found two gateway versions, 3.7.2 Beta and 3.4.1 Ultra. Which one should I choose? And could I update my emunand to the newest firmware? I've read about some problems there.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me out.

Best regards,
Ben

pedreters2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you use Gateway cheats, forget about it and just use a free CFW (so you can boot your 3DS without needing a red cart). If you do use cheats every single day though, NTR will seem laughable to your eyes so use the "fix" for Gateway.

I don't use cheats, but just updating the GW seems less of a hassle (other than going through settings every cycle, not big deal). Also installed FBI, so so far I'm happy as it is...

Hey everybody,

I haven't used my N3DS XL + Gateway in a while but with Pokemon being released, I kind of want to get back into it.
I missed most of the CFW stuff, so I really have no idea, if it would have any advantages over my gateway.
If so, how would I install the CFW the easiest way and which one should I choose?

Right now I'm on 9.2 with my emunand on GW3D 10.7.0-32E, what should my next step be? On the Gateway homepage I've found two gateway versions, 3.7.2 Beta and 3.4.1 Ultra. Which one should I choose? And could I update my emunand to the newest firmware? I've read about some problems there.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me out.

Best regards,
Ben

I was in the same situation and just changed the launcher.dat (3.7.2 I believe), updated emuNAND and installed FBI to use cias (in hopes to play online and not getting banned..). Those 3 things should also work for you.

I believe the other option is just to forget about GW altogether and do as everyone else. It's up to you.

mk.2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had downgraded MSET to 4.5 in the past (for DS Profile Exploit).
Now, after I installed arm9loaderhax and LUMA3DS, I want to restore MSET to its original version. So I can use wireless transfer.

I already have MSET 9.0 as CIA file.
Can I just install the CIA file through FBI on Sysnand?

In MSET downgrading guide, it requires a specific version of DevMenu to install MSET 4.5 CIA.
Do I need to use DevMenu again to restore MSET?

I just found DevMenu_2x.cia, and installed original MSET 9.0 through it.
Everything works as expected.

Last edited by mk.2,

clancy94

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Any chance any1 here with a Gateway can convert my .sav of Pokemon Y to cia format?
I don't have my Gateway anymore to do so myself :(

Attachments

• 0004000000055E00.zip
    799 bytes · Views: 115

niko3100

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't use cheats, but just updating the GW seems less of a hassle (other than going through settings every cycle, not big deal). Also installed FBI, so so far I'm happy as it is...

I was in the same situation and just changed the launcher.dat (3.7.2 I believe), updated emuNAND and installed FBI to use cias (in hopes to play online and not getting banned..). Those 3 things should also work for you.

I believe the other option is just to forget about GW altogether and do as everyone else. It's up to you.

Sorry I am new in this world. Do you know how to update emuNAND? I already update launcher.dat (simple download and copy into the sd root). I tried to play Pokemon Sun and Dragon Ball fusions but can't, do I have to update my old emuNAND with menuhax? BTW I have the emu 9.2.0-20u in System Settings. Thanks in advance

Doeetright

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I should've posted this here https://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-noob-paradise-ask-questions-here.359035/page-1640#post-6877466 don't mean to double-dip in posting or anything. Just not really sure where would be the most effective. I saw this thread: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-pokemon-sun-and-moon-on-gateway.450213/ but he's injecting private/public headers and previously I was able to rip them straight from the cartridge when doing a dump via the menu so that's not what I'm looking for either!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up