Hacking Language files for Usb Loader GX

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks for the 5 main translators always present :)
German, Japanese, Spanish (less active), Chinese, Italian, and French (by myself).

Too bad other languages are not updated anymore :(

There's a lot of strings, and it require tome time to update it. but if you do it regularly, it's fine.

Would it be useful if i translated to Greek, i mean would greek characters show on GX?
If yes, i' ll get to work :yaywii:
Yes, that would be great.
I think greek is displayed (we are using a font with most languages).

You can try and see if greek is displayed correctly by placing your .lang in the language folder, it will appear in the available language list in the loader.

It will be great if you can maintain it too.
We had a lot of translator which never updated their file (some are still in v1.0)

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hey Cyan :)
Following your post i've started translating to greek. I downloaded xFedes file from a few posts back and substituting italian tranlations with hellenic (greek) ones. I'm about 30% so far but the GX loader doesn't show greek characters only some garbled symbols. Any tips on what must i do to see the greek characters on GX?

Here's the .lang file so far, please take a look if you find the time:
http://depositfiles....files/vzpbjury6

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are two different way to fix it:

- Don't use the "System font" setting. It's using the internal font from the Wii, which seems to not have any hellenic characters?

- If the above is not enough, use a different font manually (like a theme):
• Disable System font setting
• Go to SavegameManagerGX
• download the font (there are two different, try the first one "Complete font for japan (6MB)" or if it's still not enough "the full complete font (10MB)"
• Place the font.ttf in the theme folder, it will be used automatically.

The users will have to download the font and place it manually in their folders too (Japanese users are doing it like that).

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Unfortunately, it still shows garbled symbols.
I have an idea, to try and use windows xp greek fonts, if all else fails, maybe that 'll work...

PS. i'm now about 50% done with the translation
http://depositfiles....files/21qmo775o

=EDIT=

GOT IT!!
I used a tff file called harialp.tff i had also used in a DS homebrew called DSreader for it to display greek characters.
Now i just need to finish translating. Off i go...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
thank you for your translation.
I'll add it in the new revision :)

Though, it will only download the .lang file from the online update feature in the loader.
I will add a link to fonts on our wiki. The font you found doesn't seems to have any copyright so it's fine.

The text on the buttons in the banner animation are using internal Wii data (font and graphics), that's why it's not written in greek. Use the same words/language that the real system menu is using.

Thanks for the little word in the readme ;)
there's an error in that file: "Gbata.temp" it's just GBAtemp.

Edit:
Language file updated up to this point in r1203.
Thanks.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Could you stop begging him at every revision?
You understand english, there's only few changes (select Disc to launch : Disc1 Disc2") even without knowing the language, you see "xxxxx 1" "xxxx 2" on a multiDisc game you understand that it refer to the disc number to launch. and it's displayed only on DIOS MIOS, devolution doesn't even need a translation.
And a warning if yuo try to use compressed mode for Disc2.

and If you checked the sources you knew there's no new language file to translate, So xFede wouldn't have any new data to use.

I did not update the language files because it was supposed to be a private beta release and the option to boot disc2 is only for testing disc swapping for testers without a save file just before Disc2 swapping. I will probably remove that sentense and always launch Disc1 like Devolution. no need to translate it for nothing.
It's CLEARLY stated "do not use if you are end user" "for beta testers only" ... you know, the one supposedly testing and reporting bugs.
Did you really used the loader and was annoying because there's 1 sentense you don't understand, or just requesting updates on every revision without even knowing if there's something new to translate?

Please, just wait until a translation is available.
Thank you for your patience.

bovirus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In the new R1207 there three new strings (descriptions - not untranslatable stringle) not translated.
I just a remind for translation (because xFeade is the original translator) without any time to do it.
As any users can check in the past I have to request many time for the update because "probably" for different reason xFeade was out of the forum for a long time.
As you can see there are a lot of translations that are not updated becasue many translator don't check regurarly the status of the project.
Ask to update the translation to maintain it update is not so "terrible" request.
Is just because I'm interest to it.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I know, but I feel like you are impatient. This is only a beta version, and there's no new lang file available for him to work on (I didn't felt like generating them for betatesters only), it's only one revision since he translated the last time it's not like it was 6 months ago and forgot do to the work.
Other active translators are still updating it, though only 5-6 translators are active now.
For other translators it's not that they don't check regularly if there's a new file to translate but that they quit and don't care anymore (and that's too bad for their users).

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
r1208 is now available with updated strings.

@xFede : your file was in ANSI instead of UTF8 without BOM (maybe because you display the text on the website, instead of linking to the file).
Can you set dropbox to send the file instead of displaying the content?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu