Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn will actually support all models of 3DS

351A52D2-EDC6-4ACC-9900-0BA59914E1B2.jpeg

When Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn was shown in the latest Nintendo Direct, nothing was mentioned in regards to any limitations on playing the game. However, the official Nintendo website noted that the game would exclusively play only on New models of the 3DS and 2DS. Now, Nintendo has ammended their listing of the game to remove all mention of that fact, meaning that Kirby’s Extra Epic Yarn will be playable on all 3DS family systems, and that the prior listing was merely a mistake. The port of the 2010 Wii game will launch for the 3DS later next year.

The hit Wii game Kirby’s Epic Yarn is warping to Nintendo 3DS. Every stage in the original Wii version is stitched in, but this Nintendo 3DS version has some new features, like the ability to craft bigger yarn balls, summon bead-collecting wind and play two new modes featuring familiar faces King Dedede and Meta Knight.

:arrow: Source

Skittyusedcovet

Gbatemp’s Favourite Skitty
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Implying a reason to "upgrade" at all...

I upgraded because of the awesome plates(Including matte plates). Also the n3ds has a better hinge so no cracking. Those are two reasons. I would’ve added the snes buttons too, but most people on here are savvy with opening things and modding(Im not one of those people. lol Im a disaster when it comes to opening electronics).

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dammit... There's no need to support O3DS anymore. Most people own N3DS hardware by now. I want to see more N3DS exclusives! Stuff that really pushes the hardware to it's limits! Xenoblade is about all there is!!!
Yeah, woo! Let's lock out most of our audience to release games only for a slightly newer old handheld!

I always thought stuff like this was kinda dumb. Revisions of a console shouldn't have exclusives. I didn't buy a 3DS XL expecting to be barred out from playing Xenoblade Chronicles just because I didn't have the newest version of the exact same console. Why shouldn't products in the same family be able to play games from the same family?

Take the Xbox One X for example. there aren't any games that can only be played on that, it's just a revision to old tech. Sure it has better hardware, but it's used to make games look and run better, since it still uses the same Xbox One firmware under the hood. The new 3ds should be the same, like it shouldn't have tons of exclusives because inside it's still running the same old 3DS software.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
God I hate people sometimes.
When it was for n3ds only everybody said "WHY NO O3DS SUPPORT"
and now that it has o3ds support everybody is saying "ugh but why do you need to support old hardware...."
Like seriously people, make up your fucking mind.

So you want a user base made of millions of users to be 100% on one side of the discussion? You make it sound as if different people have different opinions...

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an O3DS, I've never seen the point of spending another $200 to buy the same console all over again for a lightly upgraded console. I don't care much for the 3D aspect of the console, so the better 3D doesn't attract me much, and I've never played a whole lot of games that play with a FPS that low. If I eventually find one for a decent price, I'll get my hands on one, but until then I'll keep my old 3DS that keeps working.
you can buy a new 2ds xl for $150 which is $100 cheaper than the 03ds at launch

Vorde

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you can buy a new 2ds xl for $150 which is $100 cheaper than the 03ds at launch
Again, being forced into repurchasing another system that does exactly what the first one did. I'm not going to buy a New Switch XL 2 years from now because the CPU runs at 1.5GHz and the screen is one inch bigger. It's kind of a sham if you want my honest opinion.

Reactions: QCLasky

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dammit... There's no need to support O3DS anymore. Most people own N3DS hardware by now. I want to see more N3DS exclusives! Stuff that really pushes the hardware to it's limits! Xenoblade is about all there is!!!

sounds like someone who would say" nut it doesn't have to be on the 3DS anymore! put it on the switch! why support a dead console!?"

as long as it can play smoothly like older 3DS games then so be it. Pokemon suffered for this for sure

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2D platformer doesn't automatically mean low hardware requirements.

As for this thread, they are most likely different people, but I also found it funny how quick the complaining change.

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Wii and 3DS are somewhat similar in terms of power. There were a few games that were released on both systems (like NfS The Run). They could have extended the Wii life span this way (Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario 3DS etc could run on Wii). Instead, they now use the Wii to extend the 3DS life. Somewhat ironic, I guess.

HelpTheWretched

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
>Possibly for N3DS only
"REEEEE WHY NINTENDO"
>Actually for all 3DS systems
"REEEEE I WANT BETTER GRAPHICS"

God I hate people sometimes.
When it was for n3ds only everybody said "WHY NO O3DS SUPPORT"
and now that it has o3ds support everybody is saying "ugh but why do you need to support old hardware...."
Like seriously people, make up your fucking mind.

Jeez... Last time when it was listed as N3DS exclusive, people were like "Why!? Why not O3DS?"

Now that we know it will indeed work on O3DS, people are now like "Why couldn't it be N3DS exclusive?"

Make up your minds... I don't care either way. I only have a O3DS since I've had ZERO reason to get a N3DS as there are no exclusives I'm interested in.

Imagine,
for a moment...

Different people
Post Different opinions

in the thread(s) that suit their opinions

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan

Except that backstabbing customers who buy previous iterations of the same hardware and are not able to purchase software for the system they purchased will think twice in the future about buying a product from a company that leaves their customers in the dust like that.
It would make for a very poor business decision, so it is in their best interest to maintain compatibility with the older systems.
There is nothing wrong with giving some extra juice to people who have more powerful hardware, in the form of better fps or other technical perks, but old versions of the system should at least be able to run the game.

Last edited by kernelPANIC,
Reactions: Vorde

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ok, will you pay around $150 for a New 3DS for me?

sounds like someone who would say" nut it doesn't have to be on the 3DS anymore! put it on the switch! why support a dead console!?"

as long as it can play smoothly like older 3DS games then so be it. Pokemon suffered for this for sure

I actually never played any Pokemon game on the 3DS, I will do in the future though. Which Pokemon games suffered for this?
I know Hyrule Warriors did, but again, I was very happy to play it on my oldie ^^

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
2D platformer doesn't automatically mean low hardware requirements.

As for this thread, they are most likely different people, but I also found it funny how quick the complaining change.
True, but it doesn't use any fancy visual effects that would warrant higher hardware requirements either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Rye would get shot at sight.