Homebrew Kinda specific question about Pokemon and the NDS-GBA

Wacotix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, here's a specific toughie for ya: Say I play Pokemon Sapphire on the NDS-GBA. I find a shiny taillow (example). I really want to transfer it to my soulsilver then to white version. But its a rom. And say i have a GBA flash cart as well. Could I take the rom and save file and put it on the GBA flash cart? then trade to a retail pokemon gba game?
I basically want to transfer pokemon from a rom to a flash cart to a retail gba pokemon game. Possible?

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, correct me if I am wrong. What you want to do is:

-Sapphire rom to GBA flash cart
-Migrate from GBA flash cart to soul silver/white (rom or retail?)

Absolutely doable. I haven't done it but I know many people have. The Sapphire rom has to be SRAM patched, I think. Also, the soul silver rom may or may not require a patch to read from the gba cart since it isn't a retail gba cart, but I could be wrong on that.

Keep in mind though that to transfer to white, you HAVE to be using a Generation IV retail game. You can only transfer to Black/White from a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/Heart Gold/Soul Silver RETAIL game, NOT a ROM. Furthermore, keep in mind that this requires a second DS. However, the Black/White game you are transferring to CAN indeed be a rom.

Wacotix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, correct me if I am wrong. What you want to do is:

-Sapphire rom to GBA flash cart
-Migrate from GBA flash cart to soul silver/white (rom or retail?)

Absolutely doable. I haven't done it but I know many people have. The Sapphire rom has to be SRAM patched, I think. Also, the soul silver rom may or may not require a patch to read from the gba cart since it isn't a retail gba cart, but I could be wrong on that.

Keep in mind though that to transfer to white, you HAVE to be using a Generation IV retail game. You can only transfer to Black/White from a Diamond/Pearl/Platinum/Heart Gold/Soul Silver RETAIL game, NOT a ROM. Furthermore, keep in mind that this requires a second DS. However, the Black/White game you are transferring to CAN indeed be a rom.
Oh thanks soo much. And I meant to a retail SoulSilver in the first place, so thats no problem :D. Any recommendations on a gba flash cart?

D

Deleted-236924

Just backup a save file from a retail 4th gen game, then use DeSmuME to migrate the Pokémon.
Then you can put the save file back in the retail Gen 4 game and transfer it to Gen 5.
Takes les than 15 minutes to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Veho @ Veho: :(