Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjkiego

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6.00- 6.20 has been decrypted, and i don't think it will be too long before another CFW arrives. That's just my opinion though and my hopes are a little high
wink.gif

But news none the less

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/psp/psp-homebrew-p...per-fw-6xx.html

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
ssjkiego said:
6.00- 6.20 has been decrypted, and i don't think it will be too long before another CFW arrives. That's just my opinion though and my hopes are a little high
wink.gif

But news none the less

http://www.qj.net/qjnet/psp/psp-homebrew-p...per-fw-6xx.html

Complete 6.20 decryption helps but GEN have been working on 6.20 CFW for a while with not much luck and (as I've mentioned before) the structure of 6.20 OFW is vastly different from 5.xx as Sony have changed a LOT and covered a lot of holes in the security, its almost as if Dark_Alex has switched sides (I've heard this rumour going around its pretty baseless and I don't believe it) Whoever's been doing the security patching at Sony has gotten one hell of a lot better, Public and Non-Public exploits have been blocked and the eboots will require another rewrite

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think it's a good preview of what the next generation will be like. When Sony has the opportunity to reapproach their hardware designs with better protection in mind, I expect to see far less pirated games with emulators and homebrew as collateral damage. Which is a shame because I bet 95% of my time playing my PSP is actually spent playing SNES, NES, GBA, etc. It's the reason I even bothered buying one after owning a DS for so many years.

dib

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, have fun being a beta tester--err, early adopter--of that. Let us know how many games and plugins crash for you.

sephiroku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dirty_harry said:
KH:BBS working so I think my post is relevant to this thread.

HOW? It hass been a month since the game wa sreleased and nothing >< and teh EU USA VEr i scoming IN AUGUST >

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MAD firmware is fake, it's already been proven 2 days ago. The file on the MAD even says, go out on valentines days, you losers in Japanese.

shamown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey just wondering, would any of u mind trying this idea that i got? i think its pretty good. so here it goes:
since bbs loads off of umd, and if we have CFW, than why doesnt some one apply the patch to the is on the umd? that way CFW ppl can still play, but u gotta buy it.

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
shamown said:
hey just wondering, would any of u mind trying this idea that i got? i think its pretty good. so here it goes:
since bbs loads off of umd, and if we have CFW, than why doesnt some one apply the patch to the is on the umd? that way CFW ppl can still play, but u gotta buy it.
And how would you go about patching the UMD...
dry.gif

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
shamown said:
To be more helpful and explanatory than Luke:
UMDs are read-only so there is no way to patch a UMD disk without copying the ISO, patching and then burning to a new, blank UMD (basically: Impossible) We need a way to decrypt the ISO on the fly from GEN and avoid the piracy protection used before UMD is an option (although this method is easier than trying to avoid the mem-stick block with an ISO)

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Damn it's been over a month now and nothing. Never in a million years would I have thought a Disney game would have hackers scratching their heads. The PSP scene must be going to hell

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
synce said:
Damn it's been over a month now and nothing. Never in a million years would I have thought a Disney game would have hackers scratching their heads. The PSP scene must be going to hell

Square Enix/Disney game.
PSP scene has only a couple of hackers that can actually do something.

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
synce said:

Its a Square Enix game. Do you know how notorious they are for Copy Protection? They put copy protection on the PAL vers. of FFVIII and IX (I understand doing it on PAL only for VIII but why not both for IX?) This new copy protection is different from all other games even just to run from UMD and the memory stick block is really nasty as it means we can't simply patch an ISO to run it on CFW

Ulttimaa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uh, just to make sure, you all ARE aware the UMD does NOT work on Custom Firmware, correct? Just making sure, as some of these posts seem to be people who think it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Property management just be like stop being a little bitch and get bit