Gaming Just bought Star Fox 3D

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
I still don't see the hype around it. It's a real cookie cutter remake with a lot of shortcomings. I wonder how that 3D is gonna work when you're constantly moving your 3DS around? Plus they've added not a whole lot. At least Ocarina of Time had Master Quest. Still, it's just SF64 with a new coat of paint for a lot more cash. Stick to buying the VC version if you must.
I agree, I want a real remake, not an overhauled port like we've been getting with OoT and now this. I want new content a la Fire Red/Leaf Green *sigh*

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm still unsure whether to get it. The two reasons I played Star Fox Command (the only Star Fox game I've played) is because of the gameplay and the online. Since this has no online, I might just play it via Project64.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
30084pm said:
I'm still unsure whether to get it. The two reasons I played Star Fox Command (the only Star Fox game I've played) is because of the gameplay and the online. Since this has no online, I might just play it via Project64.
Except 64 is 100x better than Command. In fact, despite the popularity of multiplayer on the N64, most people rarely played it.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I actually wonder if one reason why they went with remaking a remake (since SF64 is a remake of the original SF on the SNES) is not just because they wanted people who never experienced the N64 version to have an opportunity, but also because they want to reboot it one more time. SFAdv, SFAss, and SFC were decent for SF games, but I didn't like the direction they went with them.

Not saying I agree with their pricing, but for a game about 14 years old, I'm sure a lot of work had to be done to convert a game like this from an old platform such as the N64 to a newer one like the 3DS, since game engines for game consoles at that time were few, far in between, and not very robust. Plus, they went and enhanced it. Of course, if you have the means, you could always play the original on VC, emulation, or even the original on the original hardware just like you could when dealing with any other game that has been ported/remade for these newer generation consoles and handhelds.

Karaflaga Tumeeg

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DiscostewSM said:
I actually wonder if one reason why they went with remaking a remake (since SF64 is a remake of the original SF on the SNES) is not just because they wanted people who never experienced the N64 version to have an opportunity, but also because they want to reboot it one more time. SFAdv, SFAss, and SFC were decent for SF games, but I didn't like the direction they went with them.

Not saying I agree with their pricing, but for a game about 14 years old, I'm sure a lot of work had to be done to convert a game like this from an old platform such as the N64 to a newer one like the 3DS, since game engines for game consoles at that time were few, far in between, and not very robust. Plus, they went and enhanced it. Of course, if you have the means, you could always play the original on VC, emulation, or even the original on the original hardware just like you could when dealing with any other game that has been ported/remade for these newer generation consoles and handhelds.

Star Fox 64 isn't just a straight remake from the SNES though, there was quite a lot of new content added such as Star Wolf, All Range mode and a few new levels (and a few levels removed unfortunately) . When this game comes out over here I will get a 3DS but until then I will hold off on buying one.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
30084pm said:
Except 64 is 100x better than Command. In fact, despite the popularity of multiplayer on the N64, most people rarely played it.
so.... what? use an emulator?

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Holified 2x said:
Anybody else want a Donkey Kong 3D or is it just me ? also Star Fox would be better online

Donkey Kong 3D would be great. Although DK Country Returns on Wii is very hard to beat (both in awesomeness and in finishing it;)

I'm still undecided about my next 3DS game.. Kid Icarus, Dream Trigger or just stick to finishing OoT Master Quest and Shadow Wars first
wink.gif

tatumanu

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The 3d effect turns automaticly off when Slippy dies?!
Your kidding right? ... that would make slippy even more annoying!!!

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DiscostewSM said:
SF64 isn't a remake at all, unless you're talking about a reboot, since the stories are completely separate.

But I can see what you're talking about. I don't think they'll reboot the story like that, which would be pretty cool since I didn't like the direction they went either. Or rather, I didn't like the way they ended off with Command. I liked Starfox Assault on the other hand, but it'd be cool for a newer Starfox game to be more like a mix of Assault and 64, where you still have secrets in levels that let you progress through the game differently.

thela_kid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
tatumanu said:
The 3d effect turns automaticly off when Slippy dies?!
Your kidding right? ... that would make slippy even more annoying!!!
He's obviously kidding.

That was the only joke I didn't get haha. This sounds good, but seeing as I'm disappointed in and terribly bored of OoT, I'm not buying this. I'm still waiting for Paper Mario (I already preordered it) because when I heard that they were making one for wii only to be disappointed (literally I was just sitting there going "what...the...fluff?") that they removed the turn-based rpg that IS the original paper mario, I immediately returned it. And I'm a bit surprised that there is no online play for Star Fox. Nintendo has really been disappointing me as a whole this last year. Every day it gets worse and worse. Either they don't listen to jack-shiz of what their customers say they want (I already know this is true @ Sailing integrated into phantom hourglass after complaints of too much sailing on gamecube), or japan's customers have different opinions than the rest of the gaming world (not an insult, merely speculation).

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
This is the ONLY 3DS game we get between now and Christmas. Unless you want IMAGINE BABYZ!
Yep, the Imaginez are already starting. Kid Icarus is postponed until early 2012 (presumably so it doesn't get buried under Super Mario and Mario Kart 3DS), Luigi's mansion and Paper Mario are also looking like a 2012 release and there are no games of note coming out until Starfox 64- by which point we'll all be itching to grab a new game.

Anyone think they are holding all the games back until Vita comes out?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Weaselpipe said:
This is the ONLY 3DS game we get between now and Christmas. Unless you want IMAGINE BABYZ!
Yep, the Imaginez are already starting. Kid Icarus is postponed until early 2012 (presumably so it doesn't get buried under Super Mario and Mario Kart 3DS), Luigi's mansion and Paper Mario are also looking like a 2012 release and there are no games of note coming out until Starfox 64- by which point we'll all be itching to grab a new game.

I hope that sentence doesn't lead to fanboy tension.

But I don't think so... As most of the games are coming out AFTER vita. (early- 2012)

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weaselpipe said:

Looking at GameStop, I say you are wrong.

For the record, it is UbiSoft fault for shovelware.
tongue.gif

Complain to them. O_O

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weaselpipe said:

What about Sonic in November? Then for me personally, I'll probably get Bit.Trip.Saga and Pinball HOF in Sept. Then theres at least a dozen other games I don't really care about, like Pac Man Dimensions.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was really looking forward to pinball hall of fame: the williams collection until I found out that they eliminated almost 1/2 of the tables from the x360/ps3 versions (no firepower, medieval madness, arabian nights). the latest information shows that the 3DS version will only contain 7 tables
frown.gif

now, I'm not so sure that I'd be willing to pay 30usd for what is essentially 1/2 a game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: