Hardware Just bought a used Vita but have a problem...

VLinh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi

So I managed to buy a used vita with a couple of games and a decent memory card but after close inspection, I noticed a few scratches on the screen like for example, I went to the settings menu since I wanted to change some things but I noticed some scratches than are rainbow-colored (yeah I bad lol) so I guess that means the screen is scratched.

It doesn't mean the Vita is playable but those scratches are gonna drive me crazy so I was wondering if there was any good screen replacements anywhere on the web. If I do manage to get one, will it be hard to replace the screen?

Thanks!

CrimzonEyed

Trophies
XP
Country
Be sure to check it's not just dirt.
Try take a cleaning cloth (microfiber if you have) and some kind of spray used to clean TV's/computer screens or eye classes.
Spray a little bit on the middle of the screen and wipe all around the screen carefully, make sure you don't get any liquid in any of the speaker holes.

If it really is a scratch, screen protectors can make it seem like scratches are gone.(I recommend Hori screen protector)

If you still want to replace the screen you need to think on that it's close to impossible to replace the screen only since it's fused with the touchscreen.
You would probably have to buy something like this: http://www.consolereparatie.eu/contents/nl/p465_ps_vita_lcdscherm.html

some more info: http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/118097/How+change+the+oled+and+touch+screen+of+my+ps+vita

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The rainbow effect does not necessarily mean that the screen underneath the plastic panel is in any way scratched. In fact, under certain angles, I'm experiencing it myself and I have a protective screen sticked on, which happens to be the source of the "problem".

It's a matter of how light hits the surface more than anything and chances are that it's just a surface scratch - you may be able to buffer it off, but do so with caution, with the right equipment and as a last resort. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The candy man can