Homebrew JenesisDS Compatibility List - anybody want to help update?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF you want to see what it would be like to scale the screen horizontally, try the "software renderer" version of v0.4a which doesn't take advantage of the DS's 2D hardware to perform fast drawing operations, like all other versions of jEnesisDS do. Somewhat playable with enough frameskip, but unless a game absolutely needs it, I'd compromise with just vertical scaling.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/jenesisds-v0-4a-released.55439/

Reactions: zfreeman

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Test more games with my flashcart that I found

Alien storm : works near perfectly

Altered Beast : works with minor graphic errors

Battletoads : works near perfect

Battle toads and double dragon : doesn't work

Ecco : Runs perfect

Lion King : works with minor graphic errors

Mega bomberman : works perfectly

Michael Jackson's Moonwalked: works perfectly

NBA Live 95 : Boots with major graphic problems

Thanks, these have been added.

I think NBA Live '95 uses the same engine as the FIFA Soccer games. They both have the same issue with garbled crowd sounds.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tested more games and

Power instinct : works fine

Ranger-X : it loaded but when I went to gameplay all I got was a black screen with sound

Rick dangerous (homebrew) : didn't load

Space harrier : wouldn't load

Space Harrier 2 : works fine

Star flight : works with graphic issues (mainly on text)

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I don't think the original Space Harrier even received a MegaDrive/Genesis port, did it? It was ported to the 32X.

Ranger-X works as long as Hardware INIT is set to ON. I'll amend the list to reflect that.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the original Space Harrier even received a MegaDrive/Genesis port, did it? It was ported to the 32X.

Ranger-X works as long as Hardware INIT is set to ON. I'll amend the list to reflect that.
You know I think my problem was that I accidentally used a 32 file by mistake, my bad.

Digitsie

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The new translation of 'Rent-a-Hero' works fine.

Note, I just realized I've been fixsum'ing stuff whenever they weren't. I remember a problem with the re-translation of 'The Story of Thor' that wouldn't play on the JenesisDS, but did end up playing after I fixsummed. The stuff I couldn't get to work were already fixsummed.

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Long time no update! I'm now using a complete rom set so I'm going to be systematically going through the list starting from A and updating the list as I go. If anybody wants to help by starting upwards from Z (or just generally adding any games they want) it would be appreciated!

For now, here are some games that will definately NOT work because they are 4MB.

Blockbuster World Video Game Championship II
College Slam
Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball
NFL Quarterback Club '96
Pier Solar
Pocahontas
Revolution X
Saturday Night Slammasters
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Toughman Contest
Triple Play '96
Triple Play Gold Edition
Virtua Fighter 2
WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game
X-perts
Xin Qi Gai Wang Zi

EDIT - I have decided to remove all 3MB+ games from the main list and added them to a smaller list below. I did this so that the main list can focus on games that actually have a chance of working (recommended settings, patches etc.) rather than wasting space on games that will never work. I hope people don't mind me doing that.

RevPokemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Long time no update! I'm now using a complete rom set so I'm going to be systematically going through the list starting from A and updating the list as I go. If anybody wants to help by starting upwards from Z (or just generally adding any games they want) it would be appreciated!

For now, here are some games that will definately NOT work because they are 4MB.

EDIT - I have decided to remove all 3MB+ games from the main list and added them to a smaller list below. I did this so that the main list can focus on games that actually have a chance of working (recommended settings, patches etc.) rather than wasting space on games that will never work. I hope people don't mind me doing that.
Thanks for the update!
I haven't added any due to losing my flash cart again but I'll add some more when I get the chance

anton123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to help out. Tested Fatal Fury 2, Samurai Spirits, and Street Fighter 2 Plus Dash and they all work but the 6-button titles have a few caveats.

When playing either Samurai Spirits or SF2, tap the controller and set 6-button pad to on. Then reload the rom (to restart the game). This will start the game with the 6-button pad. For SF2, you also need to set H-INT to on before reloading the rom. Otherwise, only player 2 has the 6-button pad.

Samurai Spirits has some minor graphical issues and the screen is also cropped at the sides, but still playable.

Reactions: zfreeman

sj33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Thanks for the updates! :) I've been busy with work but want to help with updates again when I have the time.

I've added some small minor things. Disabling force update fixes the framerate issues in Cannon Fodder. :)

anton123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Power Athlete on jenesisDS works but will only run when H-Init is set to On. There are very minor graphical glitches happening with the character sprites. Disabling vertical scaling reduces some of this but only if you disable it before the game loads the sprites.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*