• Replies 1,700
  • Likes 27

AlexanderBlackk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
What would their basis be? I think I covered my tracks well. Just got online the first time after a few hours of Nov 17. The only problem I have is the start date. And I do not know if they have a way of detecting that.

Skylar-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
What do you mean another console? Regarding the date, it's applied both for the trainer card (passport) line that reads "adventure started on x/x" and for each Pokemon you get, so as long as you play on a system with a date set after release, you are good to go. However, it's highly advised to change the date using RTChanger rather than just the system settings.
Another 3DS console. I will transfer the save on a legit copy and use it on another console lol

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
And it's out! And still no bans. Since last year I'd say people learnt their lesson.
Don't expect bans straight away, last time it was 2 days after release for example! Why is everyone so quick to decide that there are no bans?:/

Reactions: biggan1

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What would their basis be? I think I covered my tracks well. Just got online the first time after a few hours of Nov 17. The only problem I have is the start date. And I do not know if they have a way of detecting that.
You are not going to be banned for the start date. Plenty of people have incorrect clocks, willingly and unwillingly, so you have plausible deniability.

Skylar-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
You are not going to be banned for the start date. Plenty of people have incorrect clocks, willingly and unwillingly, so you have plausible deniability.
Maybe instead they check the date when you captured your Pokémon, when you obtained the Kahuna symbols (?) etc? Idk

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
By the way, just noticed something on the activity monitor, the actual data about what games were played and how long doesn't disappear when you delete them, they come back as soon as you run the app again. I deleted my FBI entry, then when I used it yesterday, it was telling me that I had used it 10 times. Is there a way to completely wipe this data ?

Aletron9000

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Ritsuki

Searinox

"Dances" with Dragons
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Last year things were very different and already the banwave on early players was rolling. By now the game is out and Nintendo did not dish out a repeat, that or people were no longer stupid to go online.

biggan1

Trophies
XP
Country
The day has come.
As I said earlier in the thread, I'll wait until release when moon spilled.

Should be "safe" to install it now as far as we know?

Im a sunbro myself, but how's the ultra versions?

Should I switch to moon perhaps?
Any way to transfer the old team or import from sun?

Have a great day folks!

Reactions: CallmeBerto

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
By the way, just noticed something on the activity monitor, the actual data about what games were played and how long doesn't disappear when you delete them, they come back as soon as you run the app again. I deleted my FBI entry, then when I used it yesterday, it was telling me that I had used it 10 times. Is there a way to completely wipe this data ?
The data is saved in the NAND, so you either replace/delete the files corresponding to the activity logs in the NAND or do a NAND backup. No other way to hide the activity:P You can do it manually or use the app that was linked.

The day has come.
As I said earlier in the thread, I'll wait until release when moon spilled.

Should be "safe" to install it now as far as we know?

Im a sunbro myself, but how's the ultra versions?

Should I switch to moon perhaps?
Any way to transfer the old team or import from sun?

Have a great day folks!
I just got both from FreeShop (for version exclusives), it's safe. You could try Ultra Moon if you had Sun (I had Sun) so you can get Lunala and whatever exclusives you were missing. Saves are interchangeable between version, so US save works on UM and vice versa, so it's a joke to get all legends/exclusives. Use Pokebank to transfer older mons to the games or just straight up trade them. If you don't mind using cheating programs, then PKHeX can inject your boxes from Sun to the newer games.

Reactions: Ritsuki

Reaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still gonna buy Ultra Sun since I didn't buy Sun, but I'm gonna enjoy the leak until then. I should have enough for it this time, fewer bills.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
@ThoD Really, thanks for your answers, you da real MVP! And I finally understood what was the problem with the day/night cycle, I just forgot that the beginning of the game is "cycle locked", the real cycle starts when you get the Z-Ring

Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
@ThoD Really, thanks for your answers, you da real MVP! And I finally understood what was the problem with the day/night cycle, I just forgot that the beginning of the game is "cycle locked", the real cycle starts when you get the Z-Ring
No problem, but yeah, forgot that. It's because the major events happen at night (festival) and the bridge thing with Lillie at day. After the day/night is unlocked it goes to normal.

ThoD

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Im not sure it works like that... iirc it uses 3ds system time... and some people have their 3ds time set wrong (im pretty sure i do) So I don't think nintendo will do a ban based on the time...
Normally, they won't. HOWEVER, if you ever plan to compete in a PWC event, time DOES matter and they won't let you join the event if the times and dates are off by more than a few hours. On every other case though, date and time doesn't matter.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Last question for me, is there some kind of way to accelerate the game? Like a speed hack or something? Pretty sure it would be hard on 3DS since the game is already pushing the console to it's limits, but hey, we never know

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Yeet the cat.