It looks like we may have a repeat of last year once again

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Ominous66521, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Ominous66521
    OP

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    If no ones familiar with what I am talking about,it's that time of year where 3ds hackers and pirates gather around forums for the newest Pokemon game to leak for data mining and to brag to there friends about getting the game early.

So what exactly happens? A ticket goes up on the eshop,better known as the preload,This ticket can not be cracked because the data is encrypted.Noob Pirates waste there time installing it thinking that it will work before the 17th but it won't launch without the seed/key to unlock the game.

Once that happens some reviewer/anon leaks the game and it goes up on a website known as "the iso site" before the game releases.

Finally,to wrap up this crystal ball sorcery I am writing,Idiots who pirate the game early or use a early copy before release leave there wifi on while playing,which tells Nintendo you are playing the fucking game. (your avi on the friends list will show that you are playing it and you will even have the icon saved to your 3ds to display as your favorite game) And to top this all off they will play the game online early aswell.This will piss off tendy and cause them to go into a fit,which will cause 1000's of 3ds's to be banned at the same time or in waves.

So yes this will pretty much be a repeat of last year.Hopefully you are all prepared for potential hyper bans.

Last edited by Ominous66521, Nov 3, 2017
  2. Genetic935115

Genetic935115 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    Its......Gonna be AWESOME!!!!, atleast we all unite to acomplish an objective

3. Vieela

Vieela GBATemp's official violin™

Jan 18, 2017
    Brazil
    If USUM does leak, we can much probably expect some people making threads asking "I GOT BANNED ALL OUT OF sUdDeN what shOULD I DO//;?!!!!"

Ecki107, MasterJ360, Lukerz and 7 others like this.
  4. leerpsp

leerpsp GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2014
    United States
    that is what happened last year and that means it will happen this year. Why can't people just hold off the game comes out on the 17th

Last edited by leerpsp, Nov 3, 2017
  5. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH GBAtemp Maniac

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Hell
    Yes, I can't wait for the "I played the US/UM leak and I'm banned pls halp unban" threads :)
    (Add extra points if they also want to uninstall cfw to prevent bans)

6. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

GBAtemp Patron
    blujay is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    In all honestly, downloading and installing it early is the stupidest part of the whole scenario. We have no idea what everything Nintendo monitors is, so downloading it at all isn't really safe.

That being said, last year I did install it early and managed to leave my WiFi connection on while playing. I was stupid, and got banned.

All I can say is to be patient. Patience is a virtue.

Ecki107 and biggan1 like this.
  7. ThoD

ThoD GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Let's be honest here, what's wrong with the hyperbans? More entertainment for us while we wait for official release!:P

8. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    I left my Wi-Fi on and didn't get banned. :/ Stupid decision, maybe, but it worked out for me in the end.

SkyQueen likes this.
  9. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    It didn't happen often, but there were people banned just for having wifi on. That's what I was talking about on that other thread about this topic. It wasn't rare but wasn't common either...

blujay likes this.
  10. blujay

blujay GBATemp's Official Warthog

GBAtemp Patron
    blujay is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 2, 2015
    United States
    Gilbert, Arizona
    What I didn't want to admit was I stupidly connected to the festival plaza to see what it looked like with my WiFi still on. That will guarantee a ban. If the producers were smart enough, they would make it a requirement very early on in game to connect to WiFi to see the festival plaza in action.

ThoD likes this.
  11. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    But that would actually be stupid since people without internet connections would be stuck in the game, unable to continue and would most likely return the game for a refund.

12. Beerus

Beerus Gbatemp's God Of Destruction

May 3, 2017
    Canada
    Universe 7
    Why wont the usum game on eshop open after i downloaded with freeshop

/s

jupitteer, Eix, thewarhammer and 5 others like this.
  13. leerpsp

leerpsp GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2014
    United States
    how did you get it on freeshop if its not up there yet?

14. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Did you see the little "/s"? Of course it's not on freeShop. Neither game is on that title keys site either. It's called sarcasm.

Ecki107, MrKlon and Beerus like this.
  15. leerpsp

leerpsp GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2014
    United States
    ah okay sometimes that escapes me.

16. ThoD

Sep 8, 2017
    Greece
    Don't worry, I missed the "/s" too at first and only noticed it halfway through replying.

Beerus and leerpsp like this.
  17. Ominous66521
    OP

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    You also didn't get hit during the fire emblem ban too right? That's when I got banned and I don't even know anything about that game.That was when people started to speculate about Nintendo being able to detect illegal applications.

biggan1 and blujay like this.
  18. Garro

Garro Pendulum of souls!

Aug 15, 2009
    Chile
    Somewhere
    This is kinda obvious though, me, as many others who have to use public seeds, will have to patiently wait for a new public seed like we have to every 4 months or so, so nothing new exactly. (Except for those who are not banned but risk getting the hammer)

19. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    I didn't get hit then either.

MrKlon likes this.
  20. NBAPwns13

NBAPwns13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 18, 2010
    United States
    Canada
    Yep, happened to me last year learned my lesson and my 2ds got banned. Not gonna have any wifi on or play online early

Zabhahs likes this.