Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
..that Nintendo could possibly brick the DS's of the people who own R4? Like, I don't think it flashes or anything..but could they send out a FirmWare that stops people from continuing to use the R4?
Doesn't seem like they're doing anything to the many who pirate games D:
But that's a good thing for us I guess
laugh.gif

E2EKIEL

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
did you ever had to update the firmware of your DS? I don't think so. the only thing they could do block the access to WCN or use a new security on the carts blocking the possibility to make a backup of it.

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
did you ever had to update the firmware of your DS? I don't think so. the only thing they could do block the access to WCN or use a new security on the carts blocking the possibility to make a backup of it.

I didn't even know you COULD update the DS firmware
laugh.gif

But to the replies on this forum, that's good. I prefer my DS's un-bricked.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It has happened, when people with flashme tried to update their system with Mario Kart - the first wifi game. It attempted to write the firmware, which was modded, bricking the system.

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
not likely at all. Just don't give a bunch of information or host the roms yourself. You see, downloading them is legal if you actually own the games. However, the sites have no way of knowing whether you do or not if you're just another I.P. address.

And another thing: Nintendo has tried to foil our plans (see arm7.bin). We just always figure out how to get around it.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Zero to nothing.

Nintendo can't do nothin' bout the flash carts and ROMs.Â

However, ROMs can be legal, as well as illegal.

@1Sailor

Ah, I see. It's legal to use them as "backup games".
Forgot about that.

No, it's only legal if its from a shareware site. Any other are kind of illegal.

Shareware site?
wtf.gif

Ehh, I could've promised that if you owned them it was legal to download from anywhere :0

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
not likely at all. Just don't give a bunch of information or host the roms yourself. You see, downloading them is legal if you actually own the games. However, the sites have no way of knowing whether you do or not if you're just another I.P. address.

And another thing: Nintendo has tried to foil our plans (see arm7.bin). We just always figure out how to get around it.

Did you guys not even notice my post? Now you're just rephrasing what I said.

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Actually, it's still illegal to download ROMs even if you own the game. Well, at least in the USA.

Sailor

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Yea, I read it. I understand now :3
Just don't get what you mean by don't give a bunch of information..
And I'd never host ROMs xD

But that's pretty smart, I guess. How the sites have no way of knowing and you're just another IP Address.

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That is not true. It is legal to download a ROM if you own the actual cartridge (in the USA).

EDIT: responding to mr. nero btw.

zeppo

change my avatar!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I could post a link to the info section of almost any ROM site, but that would be posting a link to a ROM site...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__