Hardware Is my 4670k overclocked fine?

jDSX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering if it'd overclocked good or bad it's OC'd to 4.30ghz from it's stock 3.50ghz also on the hyper evo 212 cooler, seems to work fine playing games never going above 65c on load in fallout, haven't tested gta V yet but will soon it's never crashed or bosd so far am I safe to assume it's stable from being on for four days straight? Would anyone spot any issues with these values?

OC'ed.png

Last edited by jDSX,

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You'll generally spot a bad overclock within an hour though, in my experience
I thought so too.. But on my 4670k I ran an hour stress with Aida and thought everything was fine.. Played some crysis and had a few tabs opened and bsod... 3 hours into my next test I found my OC was barely failing.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Doesn't that damage the cpu if it's stressed constantly (24hrs) at say a temperature of 80c?

If stressed for extended periods (days).

Generally speaking? Let the stress run overnight. If it's still going in the morning? It should be fine.

Also, your voltages are good, but if you find time see if you can't lower them. It'll help in the long term. My 4670k was at 4.5GHz at 1.21v. 1.2v stable, but I went up for who knows why.

Got my 4790k @4.5GHz and 1.195v

Last edited by Kioku,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I thought so too.. But on my 4670k I ran an hour stress with Aida and thought everything was fine.. Played some crysis and had a few tabs opened and bsod... 3 hours into my next test I found my OC was barely failing.
1 hour is fine... the thing is, you should test with different tools\different stuff, prime95 for example, and other stressing tools

i don't see the point of running a tool for 24-48 hours.. that's overkill...
even 1-2 hour at full load is enough for testing watercooling

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
1 hour is fine... the thing is, you should test with different tools\different stuff, prime95 for example, and other stressing tools

i don't see the point of running a tool for 24-48 hours.. that's overkill...
even 1-2 hour at full load is enough for testing watercooling

Reread what you quoted...

Also Prime 95 is overkill as it stresses the ever loving hell out if your CPU.. and no, 24 hours isn't overkill... Aida64 is a good enough benchmark to get a feel for real world usage. Prime95 is completely unnecessary.

zSyntex

Berserker of myself.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yeah, I've your same CPU and that's fine. (I've got the same cooler, too). Ofc in DirectX12 I see an increase of temp or in some emulator like Dolphin and Citra (that uses a lot of Intercompiler CPU functions).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5