x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nope. The blue led stays on unless I turn the system off.
If your system stays on (blue led stays on) while you boot without an sd card inserted - then it sounds like you bricked.

Reactions: Deleted User

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
What risk? There is no "risk." People just don't know how to follow guides properly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
There are people who got black screen even though they followed the guide correctly (That's what they claim)m
Such as @Lilligant case that nobody can find it cause since it fixed already. Also @amximo case that we not sure what the cause of his problem.
So, I would say there always a risk but very very very low.

Atleast, if OP following the guide correctly and have a Nand Back Up, the brick can still be fixed by hardmod except some user error brick.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It turns on with the sd card inserted, it just has a black screen.
So does it present the same way with the sd card inserted and not inserted? Turns on with black screen?

Or does the system quickly turn itself off with the sd card not inserted?

Smashmax20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So does it present the same way with the sd card inserted and not inserted? Turns on with black screen?

Or does the system quickly turn itself off with the sd card not inserted?
With the SD card inserted, it turns on and shows a black screen. When the SD card is not inserted, everything works fine.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the SD card inserted, it turns on and shows a black screen. When the SD card is not inserted, everything works fine.
So when the sd card is not inserted, it boots like normal? Sounds like you forgot to delete your home menu files as per the guide.

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
During my ban from 3DSonline services, soundhax, safehax, all this stuff came out, I had hoped it meant that people who normally request for genned pokemon would invest and do it themselves. I was mistaken. It's kind of off topic because of Pokemon, but I'd give out a similar message as I would to the OP, just do it. Do it before it's too late, the door is so open now, thinking about how certain people haven't capitalized for whatever reason kind of bothers me. The resources to help you out is all over the place and easy to find, so strike while the iron is hot (and it will be hot for a long time).

Edit: oh he's already doing it, ah well.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never had any home menu files on this sd card to begin with.
Delete the nintendo 3ds folder on your sd card (make a backup first), reinsert your sd card into your 3ds (your 3ds should boot now) and try to run a9lh again - this time without turning the console off.

Smashmax20

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Delete the nintendo 3ds folder on your sd card (make a backup first), reinsert your sd card into your 3ds (your 3ds should boot now) and try to run a9lh again - this time without turning the console off.
I hate my life now. I DELETED ALL THE FILES NEEDED FOR CFW. So, guess I'm gonna do the first part of what you said, and redo this entire process. *sighs*

Reactions: x65943

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I never had any home menu files on this sd card to begin with.
Here:

https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting#ts_safe_a9lh_screen

IN the glitched screen you got, you should have pressed SELECT to install A9LH, even with the glitched screen.

Repeat the steps of going into the dukesrg URL and do that.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I hate my life now. I DELETED ALL THE FILES NEEDED FOR CFW. So, guess I'm gonna do the first part of what you said, and redo this entire process. *sighs*
No, just repeat the https://3ds.guide/installing-arm9loaderhax part.

Maker sure you download everything fine, and do the dukesrg URL part even with a glitched screen. It's explained in the trouble shooting I linked:
https://3ds.guide/troubleshooting#ts_safe_a9lh_screen

Last edited by Olmectron,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: ye