Hacking Is CFW worth the risk?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i am saying there are legit ways that your system can end up closed without your direct conscious decision to do so
I'm genuinely interested in knowing what these legit ways are.

The only one I can think about is that you (not you but the user) underestimated the time the guide would take (even though that was understandable when it took 11 hours but isn't so relevant now that 1 hour is enough) and you "have to" go to bed right now right when your N3DS was on 2.1, and you kind of unconsciously close it before thinking "owait the guide told me not to".
In that case, maybe the guide should add time estimation for steps and specify where it's safe to take a break and where it's not (like have a red background where it's not)?

Other cases I can think of are indeed you (still not you) not taking care of your stuff so you don't even deserve a unhacked 3DS. That's why the 2DS was created.

Last edited by Hayleia,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm genuinely interested in knowing what these legit ways are.

The only one I can think about is that you (not you but the user) underestimated the time the guide would take (even though that was understandable when it took 11 hours but isn't so relevant now that 1 hour is enough) and you "have to" go to bed right now right when your N3DS was on 2.1, and you kind of unconsciously close it before thinking "owait the guide told me not to".
In that case, maybe the guide should add time estimation for steps and specify where it's safe to take a break and where it's not (like have a red background where it's not)?

Other cases I can think of are indeed you (still not you) not taking care of your stuff so you don't even deserve a unhacked 3DS. That's why the 2DS was created.
i can also imagine a kid doing a a9lh install, mom tells him to clean his room, he puts down the n3ds in 2.1 near the family computer (where he was working) his mom enters the computer room and "cleans up" in the computer room while said kid is in his room . . . brick

another . . . n3ds is on the table plugged in (because im a noob and this is taking too long and it's now low on power) my little bro / dog / cat (/ even a hamster in a ball can do this) gets scared/excited for whatever reason runs into the cord resulting in the n3ds falling off the table closing as it lands

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think this would be a good place to ask, I have sky but kinda fed up with it and want to try a CFW if possible, my firmware version is 11.2.0-35U. My question to you guys is; which CFW can I install with this version? I heard Safehax can be used?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this would be a good place to ask, I have sky but kinda fed up with it and want to try a CFW if possible, my firmware version is 11.2.0-35U. My question to you guys is; which CFW can I install with this version? I heard Safehax can be used?
start here https://3ds.guide/

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
i can also imagine a kid doing a a9lh install, mom tells him to clean his room, he puts down the n3ds in 2.1 near the family computer (where he was working) his mom enters the computer room and "cleans up" in the computer room while said kid is in his room . . . brick

another . . . n3ds is on the table plugged in (because im a noob and this is taking too long and it's now low on power) my little bro / dog / cat (/ even a hamster in a ball can do this) gets scared/excited for whatever reason runs into the cord resulting in the n3ds falling off the table closing as it lands
Neither of these are an excuse. The user was warned. If the consequences are a brick then they should do what they can to prevent it. In both cases the kid can turn off his console. There's nothing in the a9lh install that requires the console to be left on the home menu on 2.1 for any period of time.

Reactions: wormdood

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
oh my goal is not to excuse . . . anything. i am saying that its harsh/unfair to assume that anyone who bricks when on 2.1 deserves it
Maybe they don't deserve it but nobody can feel sorry for them, if they are given all the info. If someone dives into a pool where it says no diving and breaks their neck and becomes a paraplegic, they don't deserve it per se, but they can't blame the people that own the pool, as they had all the info needed to not break their neck, and it was totally was within their power for it to not happen.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I am following the guide, but I have like a lot of games I bought from the eshop and I got my save files in there and Sky3ds+ save files. I'm a bit afraid of losing it all, can those games and save files be used with a CFW as well?
Yes, after the install (if you follow all the instructions carefully) everything will still be there.

Reactions: Fire_Slasher

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?