Homebrew IronHax Installer Has Access to the AM service.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a lot about it. He knows just as much as anyone else about this. So your telling me he knows the unreleased source code of Ninjhax 2.0 and others?
Sure.
He literally codes the damn process for the emulator. If he doesn't know how it works, then it'd be kind of dumb for one of the main developers for citra not to know all about the system and how simple things like App manager.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I know a lot about it. He knows just as much as anyone else about this. So your telling me he knows the unreleased source code of Ninjhax 2.0 and others?
Sure.
He doesn't need the source code to understand the basics of how it works, or it's non-effect to the 3ds's kernel security.

The nerve of you, lol.
I think I'm going to lecture my doctor about experimental medicine because, you know, he doesn't have all the facts.

WateredFire19

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He doesn't need the source code to understand the basics of how it works, or it's non-effect to the 3ds's kernel security.

The nerve of you, lol.
I think I'm going to lecture my doctor about experimental medicine because, you know, he doesn't have all the facts.
I know a lot about the 3DS as well. I never insulted his or your knowledge. And I know that, with the 3DS Scene, a few small details or anything really, can help a lot. Don't turn this thread into a "yelling match".

thebatdadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anything does happen relating to this, are Japanese 3DS owners SOL? Since Ironhax wasn't possible on JP 3DS. I have tubehax on my JP 3DS but no ironhax...

shinyquagsire23

SALT/Sm4sh Leak Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A gentle reminder that the only variants of am which can install .cias (am:u and am:net) are not used by any normal, usermode applications. The only process with access to these is nim and another process iirc. Also, having access to the save doesn't mean AM access. That bit actually works because the save haxing is done within the Ironfall process itself. Check the XML file shipped along with the Ironhax 3dsx in case you have any doubts.

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing direct whatsoever. It's what we will be able to do with it in the future.

You people are obsessed with piracy.

I am, yes. I live on an incredibly low amount of money a month and distracting myself from life is pretty great.

Fortunately I have a lot of legit game to burn through before considering piracy, but custom CIAs are still neat to have.

Psi-hate

GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A gentle reminder that the only variants of am which can install .cias (am:u and am:net) are not used by any normal, usermode applications. The only process with access to these is nim and another process iirc. Also, having access to the save doesn't mean AM access. That bit actually works because the save haxing is done within the Ironfall process itself. Check the XML file shipped along with the Ironhax 3dsx in case you have any doubts.
I think I said that earlier, but I didn't know that it was possible outside of usermode apps. I thought it was only obtainable via kernel as no apps that have it have been exploited if any even have it.

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't writing to saves just be a matter of changing the directory you're reading/writing a save from? I know Etrian Odyssey 4 is capable of writing to a few different places in different formats.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why was this person banned?
WateredFire is banned? :blink:
Are people really that hungry for more conspiracies??

Back on topic, while I'd LOVE to have the ability to downgrade my 9.9 system to finally try CFW, I honestly think that Ninjhax 2.1 is superior to 1.X, sound on N3DS is definitely one thing. So I'm going to hopelessly dream of 9.9 SysNAND with 9.9+ CFW EmuNAND. Although, I'm not going to doubt that people are looking for a way to hack the new kernel. We've always said before that even userland would be impossible after 9.2 and look what happened. Same goes for running MIOS software on IOS (Nintendont, DIOS MIOS, Devolution)

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Are people really that hungry for more conspiracies??

Back on topic, while I'd LOVE to have the ability to downgrade my 9.9 system to finally try CFW, I honestly think that Ninjhax 2.1 is superior to 1.X, sound on N3DS is definitely one thing. So I'm going to hopelessly dream of 9.9 SysNAND with 9.9+ CFW EmuNAND. Although, I'm not going to doubt that people are looking for a way to hack the new kernel. We've always said before that even userland would be impossible after 9.2 and look what happened. Same goes for running MIOS software on IOS (Nintendont, DIOS MIOS, Devolution)
My theory about what happened to WateredFire: He was the one who made that fake CIA installer for 9.9

And CFWs on 9.3+ would be great.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: