Insider reports claim that New Super Mario Bros. U will be coming to the Switch

new-super-mario-bros-u-keyart-1.jpg

Though the Wii U wasn't the most successful console to exist, there were still some notable games that released on the platform, such as Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker, all of which received Switch versions. And according to some insider sources, another port of a Wii U title might be headed to the Nintendo Switch once more. Publication Comic Book started the "leak", by claiming their sources, who had previously leaked the existence of Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, knew of the existence of a port of New Super Mario Bros. U. Supposedly, this hypothetical version of the game will come packed in with New Super Luigi U as well, and there would be new content included. Usually, when such claims are made, Eurogamer and Kotaku will step in, but neither have provided further information at this time. Liam Robertson, the one who made the report, has been responsible for mildly credible rumors in the past, though he's had some incorrect ones as well, and it's been confirmed that he does indeed have an insider source working at Nintendo of Europe.

:arrow: Source (Rumor)

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For sure, it's a recent trend, I guess I"m just coming from a near 40 year history of gaming experience. I've been Metroidvania famished until lately, though sadly, not many of the recent offerings have impressed me. Believe me, I feel ya, but I still believe a MarioVania could be pulled off and pulled off well. As a matter of fact, Mario World had a couple elements of this.
Indeed. It's more a recent thing, and back years ago level-based platformers were everywhere. Just look at SNES/Genesis era releases... Recently is what I mean by Metroidvanias, though - stuff like Axium Verge, Hollow Knight, Dead Cells recently.
Meanwhile, for level-based games you don't have many recent offerings, stuff like Cuphead and Freedom Planet, perhaps, along with Nintendo's own offerings.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'd much rather see 3D World getting ported than this.
Super Mario Maker I can see being announced alongside the Online Service Direct just to try to pull as many people as possible to their shitty service.

But where Nintendo is really dropping the ball hard is by not porting Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD to the Switch.
But on second thought, they might do so just to pad out the dev time until a new Zelda comes out.

Come one, Shitendo, just package Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, alongside both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask from the 3DS but all in HD for the Switch, and you'll shit money for a year guaranteed.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the fact that Nintendo is porting Wii U games on Switch. I don't have a Wii U (because it's a Wii U) but I still want to enjoy the few games it has to offer.
But for those of us who bought the wiiu back in 2012 and the switch at launch - it continues to feel like a kick in the face for sticking with Nintendo all this time.

Like - at least let us enjoy our games on the switch that we already bought. I bought Mario Kart 8 again on the switch and the fact that they didn't even add any new stages is just unforgivable. I know they didn't pretend to do anything but churn out a lazy port - however it's still just that.

$120 to Nintendo between those two games and it left a sour taste in my mouth.

Last edited by x65943,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'd much rather see 3D World getting ported than this.
Super Mario Maker I can see being announced alongside the Online Service Direct just to try to pull as many people as possible to their shitty service.

But where Nintendo is really dropping the ball hard is by not porting Wind Waker and Twilight Princess HD to the Switch.
But on second thought, they might do so just to pad out the dev time until a new Zelda comes out.

Come one, Shitendo, just package Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, alongside both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask from the 3DS but all in HD for the Switch, and you'll shit money for a year guaranteed.
i would prefer Skyward Sword hd since its the only 3d zelda that wasnt remastered yet and it could have a new control scheme too alongside the regular one.

Sem112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
With every new WiiU port the doubt about my Switch purchase keeps growing. I played all these games on the WiiU already, make new ones Nintendo! Odyssey was amazing and I still have to try the new tennis game but that's about it for new switch games.

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like the fact that Nintendo is porting Wii U games on Switch. I don't have a Wii U (because it's a Wii U) but I still want to enjoy the few games it has to offer.

There are alot of WiiU games that I missed out on purpose because I knew that they would come out on the Switch so I agree & the only that I'll miss on the WiiU is the gamepad :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol