Hacking [In-Progress] Fate/Extra CCC Translation Project

neoxephon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Project cancelled, translation progress released for any wanting to start a project.

After much thought, I have decided to stop my project with this game. I have my own reasons, but the main reason is simply that this game needs a large amount of work on the assembly side of things and I do not have the skills or experience to do all of them. This isn't something that was decided on a whim, I have spent a good deal of thought on what I wanted to do.

I understand that there will be those that are disappointed. But please realize that being the person on the outside, watching from the crowd is simple compared to actually doing the project.

However, a great deal of progress has been made on the translation work for the game. As well as, I have all of the ASM hacks that I made recorded in a Google Sheets file.

If someone more skilled than me comes along, they will be able to use these as a base rather than starting from nothing.

I will not be releasing my tool for the project, for two reasons. 1) It's not 100% finished, some of the file formats gave me headaches and 2) If you can't program your own tool, you have no business starting a project for this game, as you won't be able to do all of the assembly work.

ASM Hacks:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14j1CdI97YZWLZN2jcLJG7v7DApZEkQ_uorefk-o8Atk/edit?usp=sharing

Translations:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y0DTsJrAuMyr_-f3kBtJO5y7zou8fD696_wjF9fX4ZU/edit?usp=sharing

Any from the public will be able to view these. You cannot edit or comment. If you are starting your own project, please copy it into a new sheet.

I do want to apologize to macaronron as they have done a huge amount of work on the translations. I'm hoping that by providing these as a base, any one picking up the project can make use of it. I know of at least one other rom hacker that expressed interest in this game and is qualified to handle the game.

Lycan911

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What a nice gift for New Year... Oh well, I understand. I hope someone will re-take the project and finish translating this game eventually.

Scorp

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Strange, by me if you faced some problems, you can always ask someone experienced for help... At least I always do so :) And sometimes I get needed explanations... Maybe you can briefly describe, what are the "assembly sides" which should be worked on?

astranabeat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Thank for started this project and the works you already did. too bad you couldn't finish it. Hope someone continue the project.

Scorp

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
What same boat? I am the only one who do not understand what is the main problem (apart lack of interest of the neoxephon? Can anyone explain me, what are the "unbearable difficulties" apart the thing StorMyu told? I really cannot imagine, that there is a tech problem not solveable by the guys here on forum!

Omegadark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for trying and making so much progress. Kinda sad it didn't work out, but there still hope in the future !

MegaTenLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Project cancelled, translation progress released for any wanting to start a project.

After much thought, I have decided to stop my project with this game. I have my own reasons, but the main reason is simply that this game needs a large amount of work on the assembly side of things and I do not have the skills or experience to do all of them. This isn't something that was decided on a whim, I have spent a good deal of thought on what I wanted to do.

I understand that there will be those that are disappointed. But please realize that being the person on the outside, watching from the crowd is simple compared to actually doing the project.

However, a great deal of progress has been made on the translation work for the game. As well as, I have all of the ASM hacks that I made recorded in a Google Sheets file.

If someone more skilled than me comes along, they will be able to use these as a base rather than starting from nothing.

I will not be releasing my tool for the project, for two reasons. 1) It's not 100% finished, some of the file formats gave me headaches and 2) If you can't program your own tool, you have no business starting a project for this game, as you won't be able to do all of the assembly work.

ASM Hacks:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14j1CdI97YZWLZN2jcLJG7v7DApZEkQ_uorefk-o8Atk/edit?usp=sharing

Translations:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Y0DTsJrAuMyr_-f3kBtJO5y7zou8fD696_wjF9fX4ZU/edit?usp=sharing

Any from the public will be able to view these. You cannot edit or comment. If you are starting your own project, please copy it into a new sheet.

I do want to apologize to macaronron as they have done a huge amount of work on the translations. I'm hoping that by providing these as a base, any one picking up the project can make use of it. I know of at least one other rom hacker that expressed interest in this game and is qualified to handle the game.
Well that's incredibly depressing but that's just how it goes with these things. Honestly I hope things go well for you and Macaron.
Guess we'll have to keep this up then: https://www.change.org/p/aksys-games-localization-inc-localization-of-fate-extra-ccc

leo412

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Damn..... this is the worst news of new year... well, with the number of kanji in this game I think I will just managed myself.

JuliusEra

majestix1988
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Traduko's translation work is so shoddy that I suspect Google Translate could do better. So I'd rather not work with them. I'd end up spending most of my time checking for translation errors rather than actually translating.

I also wish neo hadn't released the translation without, you know, talking to me about it. That shit needs to be edited. It's not fit for human consumption yet.

Omegadark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Traduko's translation work is so shoddy that I suspect Google Translate could do better. So I'd rather not work with them. I'd end up spending most of my time checking for translation errors rather than actually translating.

I also wish neo hadn't released the translation without, you know, talking to me about it. That shit needs to be edited. It's not fit for human consumption yet.

They might be ok if they find a decent translation checker.

Misterman4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Um, I know that this project is canceled, but couldn't you release a patch with the work you've done so far? A partial patch is still better than nothing. Just asking.

Reactions: Lycan911

Hargrun

Support the arts! (The games, silly.)
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i don't knok if this could be useful but i found this fan page with all the translation with dialogues ........who think that would try to make a patch could see this page or write to the creator for any help in traslation https://tsukinoura.wordpress.com/entry-index/ ...tell me if it will be useful for the patch::):
This blog has been mentioned many times. Use the search function next time if you're in doubt about whether something has been said or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM_pe7IZeQ