[In-Progress] Fate/Extra CCC Translation Project

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by neoxephon, May 26, 2014.

1. acedia

acedia Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    God, it's been so long I can't even remember the actual details, just that I got the intense sense that the line had been translated. In fact, it's been so long it might even be from an older patch. That's just how badly I could tell that the dialogue had been translated just from reading it: I can't remember the exact line or the exact story mode, but I can vividly remember how it stuck out to me.

But, I think it was from a Shannon path? Shannon and Battler... vs George and someone else? It usually doesn't bother me because I often get the sense of 'Yeah, this is a translation and I can probably guess what the original Japanese was' even with official localizations, but this one was so bad that it kind of colored the rest of the game for me.

I'm glad to hear you're not relying on subpar translators because sometimes it feels like I can't get two lines into a Type-Moon translation without finding one error or another.

2. cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2013
    United States
    Yeah, I could tell how rough the F/SN translation was. Also, George wasn't in the Ougon Musou we released. :P He's only in Cross.

3. Bad Bunny

Bad Bunny Idol from Japan

Feb 27, 2016
    Shinjuku
    I know how you feeling:( because I feel the same.
    I can feel how much energy and time to be waste just only to translate the text...... because I game translator like you.
    I wish to helped but my game not finish translate yet......

Last edited by Bad Bunny, Feb 27, 2016
  4. Brunho

Brunho GBAtemp Regular

May 27, 2014
    Brazil
    This game was one of the reasons I started learning japanese some years ago (although, ironically, I didn´t have the time to start it yet). At that time, no one was even planning a fantranslation, now I see that this project went through a lot of highs and lows, but I´m glad you and some people took up the materials and the challenge to finish it.

I hope the project isn´t dead again, the first game was awesome and left a lot of people wanting to play the unstranslated sequel. With Fate/Extella announced, we have even more reasons to play Extra and Extra CCC now.

Thanks for the work of everyone involved in this.

5. Bad Bunny

Feb 27, 2016
    Shinjuku
    THE PROJECT ALREADY GOT CANCEL...... READ MAIN PAGE Brunho.

6. LinkmstrYT

LinkmstrYT ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Dec 16, 2013
    United States
    You wanted to see where I live? You stalker...
    Brunho and Karoliuxx like this.
  7. Bad Bunny

Feb 27, 2016
    Shinjuku
  8. Matheus0806

Matheus0806 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 14, 2017
    Brazil
    Is the project still in progress? Or did he stop?

9. True Echo

True Echo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2014
    Poland
    Some people still wokring on it but i dont think they will ever finish it. Its 1.5 year after they picked it up and its still in text organizing phase...

Bad Bunny likes this.