Hacking [In-Progress] Fate/Extra CCC Translation Project

cj_iwakura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Real shame too, Imageepoch might not make the best of games, a few can even be considered kusoge, but I really enjoyed most of them.
I know it's cool to hate on them('lol savior of jrpgs'), but I'd take their output any day over the likes of Idea Hacktory's garbage.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So I don't know who neoxephon is working with, but our hacker took a gander at it, and we can make it happen if someone doesn't beat us to it.

Wish you guys could take a look at Summon Night 4, we are in dire need of romhackers :P

On thread now: that's awesome! good luck with it!

Rocker819

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's about time.

This game is already two years old and it's really sad that TM never made any move to release an English version up until now, well, for obvious reasons.

This one's really a hell lot enjoyable game, indeed. I'm still hoping that somebody will surprise us with a very good English patch/version, if ever. Since the Type-0 had one, how much more for this one? It just takes time though.

Pablitox

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
We've extracted the script and are working on insertion. neoxephon hasn't contacted either me or Esper, so...

Suffice it to say it would be pretty disheartening if he tells us someone else is on it. :P

Jesus, 4.7MB of text. Hire an editor, Nasu.

Hope the tides are in your favor then, godspeed!

r0llcall

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man...I would love to help translate this, lol. Learning Japanese became my main priority after getting my bachelor's degree...I probably won't be at the needed skill level for a close to a year from now :(. God-speed to anyone who does/is doing so, you are awesome.

lgdz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We've extracted the script and are working on insertion. neoxephon hasn't contacted either me or Esper, so...

Suffice it to say it would be pretty disheartening if he tells us someone else is on it. :P

Jesus, 4.7MB of text. Hire an editor, Nasu.

Awaiting this with immense anticipation. I've been itching to play this game and understand what is going on for ages. Knowing just hiragana and katakana hardly helps, but Kanji is so hard to learn.

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll want to put together a subtitle system. The boss banter is already worth the effort. Then you include Secret Garden voiceovers and BB's taunting during the dog space incident and you really should figure out how to display subtitles for audio-only lines.

Reactions: reinzhart

lgdz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll want to put together a subtitle system. The boss banter is already worth the effort. Then you include Secret Garden voiceovers and BB's taunting during the dog space incident and you really should figure out how to display subtitles for audio-only lines.

I wouldn't hold my breath. Considering Fate/Extra didn't have that, and adding subtitles when there aren't any to begin with is harder than it sounds. You would have to program something entirely new into the game, and that's way more trouble than it's worth. I'd rather they just put out a little guide for those sections as reference and get the translation patch out now, than wait for something that will most likely never happen.

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In that case, I'll do you a bit of a favor right now:

"It seems our basic skills are the same as well. Fighting myself again... I just don't learn."
"Isn't it fine? This is better than getting into verbal arguments with your old self, right?"
"...I don't understand what they're talking about, but... They seem to get along quite well, that me and Tohsaka Rin."

And, because it's funny:
"What!?"
"I said that I would leave it to you, but... Why is it that, every single time, your lance fails to strike?"

Also, because it's funny:
"Ugh. What the hell is up with your body!? If you're human, fall over dead when you're supposed to!"

And everyone's favorite:
"Also known as: Gilgamesh Naked...!"

Insert your usual disclaimer for liberties taken for tone and English that sounds a little bit more like English.

lgdz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a start, though it'd be helpful if you specified when the dialogue takes place, and who is talking. Needs some order so people can more easily find what they're looking for.

macaronron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I said 'a bit of a favor.' Meaning 'not much of a favor at all.' Actually being helpful is something I'll leave up to the actual translator(s).

And now, I'll stop stepping on their toes and go back to my usual radio silence.

Ayreos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, cj_iwakura, are you guys still thinking of taking up the project? I'm just curious whether this is actually being worked on or if i should consider it in limbo.

Also, what's the deal with this blog? A lot of translated text here, albeit i loved the first game too much to try playing through CCC with this as an external guide.

Reactions: reinzhart

reinzhart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So, cj_iwakura, are you guys still thinking of taking up the project? I'm just curious whether this is actually being worked on or if i should consider it in limbo.

Also, what's the deal with this blog? A lot of translated text here, albeit i loved the first game too much to try playing through CCC with this as an external guide.

yeah hope he does taking up the project
maybe he's to busy right now

that blog just for gil route if im not mistaken
if you want other route just open fate ccc wiki JP and translate it
it's bit to much work and not as good as that blog but it's works until the game translated

Reactions: Hargrun

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1