[In-Progress] Fate/Extra CCC Translation Project

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by neoxephon, May 26, 2014.

1. cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2013
    United States
    Well, macaronron said no, so that means we try to do it ourselves. If we can't find another translator, we drop the project. Oh well.

Pablitox and Lycanroc like this.

2. cj_iwakura

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2013
    United States
    Well, what the hell, EsperKnight got this far, so he still wants to do it. If anyone's interested in translating this from scratch, hit me up.

Lycanroc, reinzhart and Hargrun like this.
  3. cj_iwakura

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2013
    United States
    The outpouring of support on twitter has been overwhelming. We have the script ready to be playable in game, so we either move forward with what we have or not. Neoxephon's roadblock has been overcome, so there's that.

4. evening

evening GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2009
    Canada
    Rokenjima
    I'm grateful that you guys have not given up on CCC.

Pablitox likes this.
  5. cj_iwakura

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2013
    United States
    Someone I know from the Ougon Musou project has come forward offering to help. I'll make a new thread when it bears fruit. (Heh, this has to be some kind of record.)

6. kaikaiser

kaikaiser GBAtemp Regular

Aug 12, 2015
    United States
    Very nice. You guy are awesome for doing this. This game should be Translated. The first was amazing, this one is sooooo much better

Shinon likes this.
  7. Nikki1234

Nikki1234 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 22, 2015
    Netherlands
    So how is it going?

8. Bubadangko

Bubadangko Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2015
    Indonesia
    You guys very awesome for making fate extra ccc english project

9. Misterman4

Misterman4 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2015
    Romania
    Agreed. Hope it won't take long for it to come out

10. DragonofLife

DragonofLife Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 5, 2014
    France
    Just here to show my support for this project
    Good job and good luck !

11. alexcocoa

alexcocoa Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 8, 2015
    I´m glad someone is translating this game thanks :3

12. sephurchin

sephurchin GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2015
    United States
    Cheering you on!! Thank you for doing this

13. team28079

team28079 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 3, 2016
    Thailand
    So this is still going on?
    If it still do you have any donation for support u guys?

14. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Ibbenbüren
    [​IMG]

mdtank likes this.
  15. Shizuka

Shizuka Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2016
    Brazil
    Also, CJ shared on GAF:

"Also, since I feel like the OP took a shot at our team, CCC will happen in a reasonable time. We have two translators dedicated just to the project."

sephurchin and Lycanroc like this.
  16. acedia

acedia Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    But even if they finish translating the game, is it worth it if it isn't a quality translation?

Isn't this the guy who said, 'I don't care if your Japanese is actually any good; we need whatever help we can get' when recruiting translators for this project? If he's drawing from the Tsuki no Ura translation, then I can assure you that there are some serious mistranslations all the way to the most recent entries, and they aren't the kind of errors that are obvious just from reading the English.

And what I've seen of their translation of that Umineko fighting game has an almost slavish devotion to translating the だろうs and でしょうs and maintaining the original punctuation even when it results in dialogue that reads as awkward and obviously translated. So I'm just a bit worried that one of my favorite games is gonna get a very high profile but not exactly high quality release in English.

17. Lycanroc

Lycanroc Midnight Wolf

May 11, 2014
    Germany
    Ibbenbüren
    There will most likely be proofreaders which will westernize the script before release. I doubt they'll just slap the literal translations in the final release, it'd be the same as using google translate.

18. acedia

acedia Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    A westernized script is not the same as a correct script.

Type-Moon has always been a hotbed of bad translations, from Claudia Ortensia's 'No, I love you' in Heaven's Feel to Shirou's infamous 'Just because you're correct doesn't mean you're right' in the recent UBW anime.

The script could be perfectly natural English and still be incorrect, and that's what I'm worried about most.

(And a literal translation is definitely not the same as Google Translate. One is actually coherent if a pain to read.)

Last edited by acedia, Feb 5, 2016
  19. sephurchin

sephurchin GBAtemp Regular

Sep 28, 2015
    United States
    Really looking forward to it!

20. cj_iwakura

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2013
    United States
    We're not drawing from the Tsuki translation. We're redoing it, and I will be personally editing everything once the translation is complete. Also, the translator I worked with on Ougon is not doing this, if that matters, but I'm of the opinion that Cckerberos did a stellar job, and you're the first person I've seen to voice a complaint. Well, no one commented much at all, but hey.

If you want to show me some examples of the translation, I can look into it.

Also, when I made that APB, I was a little desperate for extra help since the previous translator wanted to take their ball and go home. It worked out. I didn't want anyone to be dissuaded because 'I don't know Japanese that well' or what not, which I hear all the time.

Last edited by cj_iwakura, Feb 10, 2016
    reinzhart likes this.