ROM Hack I'm making a FFIV translation patch...

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, except obviously I don't have every item/weapon/armor in the game, which must be in tables that Belmont have. I would love to translate them for him, but I would need the tables
tongue.gif

Adding what I do have...

Edit: I have officially maxed-out what I can add without more Japanese tables

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Actually I haven't been using the wiki at all for translation. I've been editing it myself directly from the ROM. Anyways, expect an update within the next 7-8 hours and maybe a little suprise...

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually I haven't been using the wiki at all for translation. I've been editing it myself directly from the ROM. Anyways, expect an update within the next 7-8 hours and maybe a little suprise...

wait, you aren't even looking there to see what to translate the source TO? :wtf:

man I guess I just completely wasted 3 hours of translation
tongue.gif

If that is case, I'm completely going to stop with the translating. If any of the translations I've done (weapon, armor, etc.) are at all useful to you though, let me know how/where to keep going, and again I would be absolutely glad to help.

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No, xfire is the only messenger I use (lunaratic)

OK, if the translations are being referenced, then I will keep adding to it!
tongue.gif
'

Belmont, is there no way for you to dump the item/armor/weapon lists onto the wiki? Right now I am transcribing/translating as I collect them, which is far more inefficient and slow.

Elmina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I joined just to say thank you! My Japanese isn't all that fantastic (I can read hiragana and katakana, and that's about it), so the wiki will be a great help when I get my copy of FFIVDS. One part of the battle down for me. I just need to find a script for the rest of the game, regarding the new things involved.
biggrin.gif
But still, thank you very much.

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Elmina - Thanks for your words of support!
Raganook - I replied to your post on the wiki forum.

I've created a page on the wiki where I will post future updates and progress logs. You can view it here. Of course, I'll continue to post updates in this topic!

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I joined just to say thank you! My Japanese isn't all that fantastic (I can read hiragana and katakana, and that's about it), so the wiki will be a great help when I get my copy of FFIVDS. One part of the battle down for me. I just need to find a script for the rest of the game, regarding the new things involved.
biggrin.gif
But still, thank you very much.

We do it for you

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WOWWWEEEEE

iinteresting!

i was wondering if someone can't turn Deu's FFTA2 editor into a Belmont's FFIV editor...(unless that made absolutely no sense, im 4/5 asleep here lol), perhaps then people could make assistances to things people are translatificating

or if theres no need for assistances, atleast there would be a means for us useless folk to try out changes, and have items/spells they can use without having to consult a dictionary

it sucks knowing the gist of a story and not word-for-word.....

BelmontSlayer

Pokémon Master
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
A beta version of the patch has been released! Feel free to post the news on other sites, just make sure that the files and readme remain unmodified. See
the first post of the thread for the actual release.

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
A beta version of the patch has been released! Feel free to post the news on other sites, just make sure that the files and readme remain unmodified. See
the first post of the thread for the actual release.
This beta looks terrific so far. Everything's working great for me as far as I can tell. Thank you very much for doing this.

The patching process is extremely easy too! Thanks for making it so user friendly.
grog.gif

bspline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
To the team: Great job! Thanks for the effort!
Great patch, easy to use. I have just one suggestion:
When FF3DS was released, there was something similar, I even did my own patching of it. When trying to translate the names to fit in the japanese "slots"(which could be less than english words) we used to drop vowels. Makes the names more similar, and it looks more like the original.

For example, where you used GoldNe, you could use GldNdl;
PhoenixDo -> PhnxDown; MaidensK -> MdnsKiss; EyeDr -> YDrps.

Things Like that. It will become more useful in Spells, where you have to differentiate through the suffixes (blzzra; blzzga, etc.)

Anyway, just a suggestion.

Raganook

Raganook
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To the team: Great job! Thanks for the effort!
Great patch, easy to use. I have just one suggestion:
When FF3DS was released, there was something similar, I even did my own patching of it. When trying to translate the names to fit in the japanese "slots"(which could be less than english words) we used to drop vowels. Makes the names more similar, and it looks more like the original.

For example, where you used GoldNe, you could use GldNdl;
PhoenixDo -> PhnxDown; MaidensK -> MdnsKiss; EyeDr -> YDrps.

Things Like that. It will become more useful in Spells, where you have to differentiate through the suffixes (blzzra; blzzga, etc.)

Anyway, just a suggestion.

Thank you!

I've reformatted all of my translations to include truncated versions that should fit in the boxes, using (mostly) your method
smile.gif

colourrevolt87

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is awesome, thanks guys.

But one little problem, when I go to patch the rom, the newly made nds rom "patched.nds" is 0 KB, then the original FFIV.nds rom is renamed to original.nds and is the same size as the original rom, and the original.nds is not translated over to english.

any ideas how to fix this?

thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later