Hacking If I Buy A New 2DS From Katsukity, Will It Be On <=9.2?

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!
I am looking to get a capture card from Katsukity, but want it to be gateway compatible. If I get a 2DS+Capture Card from them (I already have a N3DS on 9.0, will just use that for when I want to take my 3DS with me, and use the 2DS basically only for streaming/recording) are we 100% sure that it will NOT be on higher firmware than 9.2? Thanks :3

-Star

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
radical answer, but how about you ask katsukitty?

Trust me. I've tried. I have not had a good time talking to their CS... I asked if they could check the serial number off of a list of them to make sure I got the product I wanted (for the N3DS, and checking these serial numbers took me less than 3 minutes in the store) and they said no. They said no. I am trying to give them $600 and they said no to a request that would take them less than 3 minutes. Lol :P So I figure it would be a safer bet to just make sure all new 2DS's come with Gateway compatible firmware.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Trust me. I've tried. I have not had a good time talking to their CS... I asked if they could check the serial number off of a list of them to make sure I got the product I wanted (for the N3DS, and checking these serial numbers took me less than 3 minutes in the store) and they said no. They said no. I am trying to give them $600 and they said no to a request that would take them less than 3 minutes. Lol :P So I figure it would be a safer bet to just make sure all new 2DS's come with Gateway compatible firmware.

well you can provide them with a console right? i would do that

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you can provide them with a console right? i would do that
Costs 120$ shipping. Takes longer, and I wouldn't have a console to play on for however long it's out (3ish weeks). Can someone just say whether or not buying a brand new 2DS from a store is >=9.2? That's really my question...

D

Deleted-19228

Costs 120$ shipping. Takes longer, and I wouldn't have a console to play on for however long it's out (3ish weeks). Can someone just say whether or not buying a brand new 2DS from a store is >=9.2? That's really my question...

Shipping does NOT cost that much. I just sent them my bottom right n3DS. Total shipping cost was $45~ and they refund you up to $30 to cover shipping.

Reactions: cearp and Margen67

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

They shouldn't be, but you never know when Nintendo will produce a new batch of consoles with the newest firmware on it, so there's always some risk.

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shipping does NOT cost that much. I just sent them my bottom right n3DS. Total shipping cost was $45~ and they refund you up to $30 to cover shipping.
I ran it through a USPS shipping calculator and it said it was that much. I also don't want to send in a console tbh, if it gets lost in the mail I will be COMPLETELY screwed, and down 600ish $ :/

D

Deleted-19228

I ran it through a USPS shipping calculator and it said it was that much. I also don't want to send in a console tbh, if it gets lost in the mail I will be COMPLETELY screwed, and down 600ish $ :/

So buy insurance? How would you be out $600? The 2DS is like $100 tops.

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So buy insurance? How would you be out $600? The 2DS is like $100 tops.
I would be sending in a N3DS, and I can only get to the post office every other weekend...

They shouldn't be, but you never know when Nintendo will produce a new batch of consoles with the newest firmware on it, so there's always some risk.
Ty, this pretty much answered my question. I guess I'll just take the risk and buy a new one. Worst comes to worst I can buy a SKY3DS :P

D

Deleted-19228

Just FYI. It took 4 days to reach there using international priority and their calculator was wrong for me too. It was <$50 to cover the item. Shipping out of pocket after refund will be about $10-15. I was debating the same thing as you. Either ordering one or sending it in. Unfortunately they are charging a $100 markup to obtain the n3DS and refused to give the serial number.

EDIT: And they actually cancelled and refunded my first order because I had a nand mod applied. Something about it being against JP law.

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea but no custom rom let's plays >_>

This is true. I still think i'm just going to take the risk. Unless someone confirms that they got a brand new 2DS on >9.2. I can't search though because apparently 2DS is too "Short or generic" so I have NO way of searching for it.

D

Deleted-19228

We need a 360drives like site where users submit FW versions, maybe nand chips too.

I'm not sure why people are wasting money on antiquated hardware. With two confirmed games for the n3DS I see them moving everyone over to a n3DS within the next year slowly phasing the o3(2)ds out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I have discovered a hilarious corner of youtube. meme ASMR
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    Veho @ Veho: What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous...