Hacking If I Buy A New 2DS From Katsukity, Will It Be On <=9.2?

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys!
I am looking to get a capture card from Katsukity, but want it to be gateway compatible. If I get a 2DS+Capture Card from them (I already have a N3DS on 9.0, will just use that for when I want to take my 3DS with me, and use the 2DS basically only for streaming/recording) are we 100% sure that it will NOT be on higher firmware than 9.2? Thanks :3

-Star

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
radical answer, but how about you ask katsukitty?

Trust me. I've tried. I have not had a good time talking to their CS... I asked if they could check the serial number off of a list of them to make sure I got the product I wanted (for the N3DS, and checking these serial numbers took me less than 3 minutes in the store) and they said no. They said no. I am trying to give them $600 and they said no to a request that would take them less than 3 minutes. Lol :P So I figure it would be a safer bet to just make sure all new 2DS's come with Gateway compatible firmware.

Reactions: cearp

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
Trust me. I've tried. I have not had a good time talking to their CS... I asked if they could check the serial number off of a list of them to make sure I got the product I wanted (for the N3DS, and checking these serial numbers took me less than 3 minutes in the store) and they said no. They said no. I am trying to give them $600 and they said no to a request that would take them less than 3 minutes. Lol :P So I figure it would be a safer bet to just make sure all new 2DS's come with Gateway compatible firmware.

well you can provide them with a console right? i would do that

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well you can provide them with a console right? i would do that
Costs 120$ shipping. Takes longer, and I wouldn't have a console to play on for however long it's out (3ish weeks). Can someone just say whether or not buying a brand new 2DS from a store is >=9.2? That's really my question...

D

Deleted-19228

Costs 120$ shipping. Takes longer, and I wouldn't have a console to play on for however long it's out (3ish weeks). Can someone just say whether or not buying a brand new 2DS from a store is >=9.2? That's really my question...

Shipping does NOT cost that much. I just sent them my bottom right n3DS. Total shipping cost was $45~ and they refund you up to $30 to cover shipping.

Reactions: cearp and Margen67

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

They shouldn't be, but you never know when Nintendo will produce a new batch of consoles with the newest firmware on it, so there's always some risk.

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shipping does NOT cost that much. I just sent them my bottom right n3DS. Total shipping cost was $45~ and they refund you up to $30 to cover shipping.
I ran it through a USPS shipping calculator and it said it was that much. I also don't want to send in a console tbh, if it gets lost in the mail I will be COMPLETELY screwed, and down 600ish $ :/

D

Deleted-19228

I ran it through a USPS shipping calculator and it said it was that much. I also don't want to send in a console tbh, if it gets lost in the mail I will be COMPLETELY screwed, and down 600ish $ :/

So buy insurance? How would you be out $600? The 2DS is like $100 tops.

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So buy insurance? How would you be out $600? The 2DS is like $100 tops.
I would be sending in a N3DS, and I can only get to the post office every other weekend...

They shouldn't be, but you never know when Nintendo will produce a new batch of consoles with the newest firmware on it, so there's always some risk.
Ty, this pretty much answered my question. I guess I'll just take the risk and buy a new one. Worst comes to worst I can buy a SKY3DS :P

D

Deleted-19228

Just FYI. It took 4 days to reach there using international priority and their calculator was wrong for me too. It was <$50 to cover the item. Shipping out of pocket after refund will be about $10-15. I was debating the same thing as you. Either ordering one or sending it in. Unfortunately they are charging a $100 markup to obtain the n3DS and refused to give the serial number.

EDIT: And they actually cancelled and refunded my first order because I had a nand mod applied. Something about it being against JP law.

StarOfDoom

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea but no custom rom let's plays >_>

This is true. I still think i'm just going to take the risk. Unless someone confirms that they got a brand new 2DS on >9.2. I can't search though because apparently 2DS is too "Short or generic" so I have NO way of searching for it.

D

Deleted-19228

We need a 360drives like site where users submit FW versions, maybe nand chips too.

I'm not sure why people are wasting money on antiquated hardware. With two confirmed games for the n3DS I see them moving everyone over to a n3DS within the next year slowly phasing the o3(2)ds out.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night