Hacking I need help choosing a NDS flashcard

jmido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have a DS Lite and I'm looking for a flash card that plays DS games and can use WiFi. I don't really care about all the other features. I'v been doing a little research and understand that I need a slot 1 card, memory card, and card reader. A R4DS looks like a good choice from what I'v read and most places I see them for sale have them for around 25$ for the flash card, 2-4GB memory card, and the card reader.

Is the R4DS a good choice for me or should I look into another flash card? I'm trying not to spend more than 30 so keep that in mind as well.

Also, what are some reliable places online to purchase these? I'm hesitant because I don't feel like getting ripped off.

Thanks for the help!

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Read the front page!!!!!! There's a poll going on

Do NOT buy the R4DS AT ALL
The R4 is abandoned by it's team and no longer receives updates

ShadowSol

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
R4 is VERY popular, yet what i think is the worst. it's popular just because there are many clones (fakes) and because if they see someone else with one, they want to get it.

i reccomend and acekard or cyclo...
or even an iPlayer...

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CycloDS has many features and the best official team working on it, but can be pricy.

AceKard2i gets the job done thanks to AKAIO firmware, and is cheap because of less features.

R4DS was good in its day, before it was abandoned. Now many for sale are poorly made clones.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSol said:
R4 is VERY popular, yet what i think is the worst. it's popular just because there are many clones (fakes) and because if they see someone else with one, they want to get it.

i reccomend and acekard or cyclo...
or even an iPlayer...
It's popular because that's usually the only one people have heard of.

Don't recommend the iPlayer as a first flashcart because of it's lack of commercial rom support.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
Dr.Killa said:
i heard cycloDS is best
It has less votes than the Acekard 2i, so not as many people agree.

Technically the Cyclo is more full featured and stuff, but the fact is that it's pretty much twice the price of the Acekard and both have incredibly close compatibility. And since many people don't really see the point for Cyclo's fancy features, they'd rather save the extra cash and buy an Acekard.

That being said, I got my Acekard in the mail today and I'm quite pleased. It has much better compatibility than my old R4. It's one of the cheapest carts on the market and it has some of the best firmware behind it (AKAIO).

jmido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I get some links to safe sites to buy a Acekard? I wasn't aware that the R4DS was abandoned.

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
Dr.Killa said:
i heard cycloDS is best
It has less votes than the Acekard 2i, so not as many people agree.
The pole is a waste of time and the results are a complete joke, if people actually going to take this pole seriously, that make R4i (and clones) a better card than the iEDGE, iTouch2, and EZ-Flash Vi, plus all three of these cards have better support than the Acekard 2i.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jmido said:
Can I get some links to safe sites to buy a Acekard? I wasn't aware that the R4DS was abandoned.

Our sponsors are pretty reliable. Otherwise...

RealHotStuff.com. I bought my Acekard from them and it's 100% genuine and works great. I've also bought other stuff from them and they're great. Prices are decent too. Located in New Jersey, USA

ModChipCentral.com. I've bought stuff from them before and they ship pretty fast. Located in Canada.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
jmido said:

Our sponsors are pretty reliable. Otherwise...

RealHotStuff.com. I bought my Acekard from them and it's 100% genuine and works great. I've also bought other stuff from them and they're great. Prices are decent too. Located in New Jersey, USA

ModChipCentral.com. I've bought stuff from them before and they ship pretty fast. Located in Canada.
You finally got a new cart, Guild?

jmido

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks everyone! I just bought an Acekard 2i from 0shippingzone.com for 26$ w/ card reader and 2GB mem card. It says i'll recieve it in 2-5 working days which I find a little hard to believe since it's free shipping from hong kong... lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol