NoFate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
shi shit

i had a wii with 3.4 software i also have a modchip wiikey v2 , my girlfriend inserted sonic race , and she accidently updated to 4.1 ...

now none of my games work , super mario bros says , what todo now??

pls advise ...

Thnx

edit : well some of my games still work...
super mario bros gives an error : there has been an erroc occurred
when i insert sonic race , it wants to do an update again....

?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
your screwed should have used usb
tongue.gif

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An update to 4.1 really shouldn't have affected your modchip. But really, you're hardly screwed. Dunno what that guy was talking about.

Bridgy84

Yub Nub
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I would say look for a way to downgrade back if you can. I guess one big question is did you have bootmii and a backup of your system. the other question is can you run a wad manager. Either way man make sure you get something on there to block disk updates. The first thing i thought of was my girl innocently putting in a disk and accidentally messing stuff up.

carbonyle

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Swaziland
NoFate said:
shi shit

i had a wii with 3.4 software i also have a modchip wiikey v2 , my girlfriend inserted sonic race , and she accidently updated to 4.1 ...

now none of my games work , super mario bros says , what todo now??

pls advise ...

Thnx

edit : well some of my games still work...
super mario bros gives an error : there has been an erroc occurred
when i insert sonic race , it wants to do an update again....

?
Perfectly normal: with the 4.1 upgrade all your IOS have lost trucha capacity that mean all your trucha signed backups won't work anymore (i suppose you patch your iso to change/remove update partition or something like that)

So: Either you reintroduce "trucha" in your IOSes (that mean softmod it: BannerBomb - Hackmii installer - TruchaBug Restorer - Dop-IOS and that's it) or you start a new collection of game, with only clean dump don't patch your iso, it's useless and most chip can block update/select only right update)

And pretty please don't downgrade your wii it's really stupid

bjorno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Bridgy84 said:
I would say look for a way to downgrade back if you can. I guess one big question is did you have bootmii and a backup of your system. the other question is can you run a wad manager. Either way man make sure you get something on there to block disk updates. The first thing i thought of was my girl innocently putting in a disk and accidentally messing stuff up.

LOL? What do i read here? DOWNGRADE?
NEVER DOWNGRADE!
Downgrading is a very dangerous procces. Best way is just to softmod it. 4.1 works fine and no needs for DOWNGRADING.
Recommended: Priiloader and bootmii (WITH A BACKUP OF COURSE!)
Some people dont understand what the meaning is of " Installing Bootmii " . They install it and they let it be. BUT they forgot to make a BACKUP. Without a backup bootmii's power would be lost by 50%..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: Hyrule Warriors legends