Hacking Hyrule Warriors save editing

RareKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry that this is a bit off topic but do you guys know where I can get the meta file for hyrule warriors besides getting it from the game or can someone be willing to upload one for me? Mario 3D world and Hyrule warriors were my first Loadiine games and back then loadiine gx2 didn't exist so someone told me to delete them. It looks bad having 2 games with no pictures on display on loadiine

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't setup Loadiine yet, but I believe the meta files can also be acquired from update data?

Hey, nice work you've done! What is your process for discovering data locations in the save file? I want to do something similar for Pokken (and it helps that Loadiine makes for easy access to save data).

Did you just copy the save, make a small change in-game, then copy the new save, and compare the two to see what changed? Is it really just a trial and error kind of process, or are there other methods? Would be cool if you could let me know, thanks!
That's one way to find things. If you have hard values to search for thats the ideal, especially if you've got multiple values you expect to be in close proximity to each other (e.g. Hyrule Warrior's materials). There's little guaranteed though.

One thing to watch out for is checksums. Hyrule Warriors is unusual in not having one but many other games will. A checksum will take a variable length input and generate a fixed length output. Any changes in the input data will break the checksum and the game will consider the file corrupt.

Edit: Added the full weapon editing information to the first post.

Last edited by BtEtta,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still having trouble injecting my save using Saviine, it just erases everything instead of injecting. Can I just edit my weapon through TCP Gecko?

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When you load Saviine are you pressing X to return to the Wii U menu or A to try and load the disc (which for me just puts me into Mii Maker).

When I was using X I was getting frequent connection timeouts (when it didn't timeout if always worked, so not quite the same symptom.) But since switching to pressing A and then exiting Mii Maker to load my game it hasn't failed once. You say you made a backup using the Wii U's ability to use external USB devices. Are you using saviine with the USB connected or not?

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you load Saviine are you pressing X to return to the Wii U menu or A to try and load the disc (which for me just puts me into Mii Maker).

When I was using X I was getting frequent connection timeouts (when it didn't timeout if always worked, so not quite the same symptom.) But since switching to pressing A and then exiting Mii Maker to load my game it hasn't failed once. You say you made a backup using the Wii U's ability to use external USB devices. Are you using saviine with the USB connected or not?
There is no USBs attached to my SD card and I press A to install. I am not running a backup either, it's a physical retail disc.

I'll go live on Twitch later to show everything I'm doing if I can't figure it out.

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I was working on a clean save to try and find the missable tutorial and I just made the same mistake you're making :D
-> deleting /vol/save/80000001/ProjectZ-SAVEDATA/APP.BIN
-> deleting /vol/save/80000001/ProjectZ-SAVEDATA
-> injecting files
-> file: /APP.BIN size: 3145728
-> newpath: /vol/save/80000001/APP.BIN

Note the differences in path. Move the APP.BIN file to a ProjectZ-SAVEDATA subfolder.

The game may still report a bad file the first inject after fixing the problem. Just let it create a new save, exit back out to the home menu and inject again.

Reactions: RemixDeluxe

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was working on a clean save to try and find the missable tutorial and I just made the same mistake you're making :D

Note the differences in path. Move the APP.BIN file to a ProjectZ-SAVEDATA subfolder.

The game may still report a bad file the first inject after fixing the problem. Just let it create a new save, exit back out to the home menu and inject again.
Its amazing how the smallest of errors can cause such a mistake and yes that fixed my issue, thank you.

I would share the values for these weapons I altered but you seemed to have beaten me to the punch, at the very least I can show off to confirm I can save edit my weapons.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n2ywvqks5phev6p/AABJYDcl1WZp55g6wzZfMGoka?dl=0

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Focus Spirit+ and Hasty Attacks. Best two choices there. Well chosen sir.
I try to go for an all offensive build on all my characters, the only thing the 3DS version makes me jealous of are My Fairies. I like the decorative aspect and how its another layer of stat enhancement to your character but also that blast range that can clear a fort in one touch and if the fairies can learn Magic Fountain you can essentially spam it all over the place making the game a joke.

I really hope that comes to the Wii U too but I wont cry over it (maybe.)

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, nice work you've done! What is your process for discovering data locations in the save file? I want to do something similar for Pokken (and it helps that Loadiine makes for easy access to save data).

Did you just copy the save, make a small change in-game, then copy the new save, and compare the two to see what changed? Is it really just a trial and error kind of process, or are there other methods? Would be cool if you could let me know, thanks!

In my case I had some idea what I was looking for because I made the memory codes for Adventure Mode items, so I just started at the offset that @BtEtta provided for the original map and scrolled looking for more strings of 06 (since I had 6 of all aventure mode items on all maps). Based all my information off the memory hacks. Master Quest was deeper in memory than Adventure, and so on and so forth. For the weapon data I knew what I was looking for because I did the same thing for the 3DS. The only thing I couldn't figure out was that single byte that turned out to be a flag that determines whether the weapon is a normal weapon, a legendary weapon, or the master sword. All that information is hidden from the player so I noticed no effect what-so-ever by changing it. How @link666 figured out what that flag did is beyond me entirely.

**EDIT**
Quoted wrong person. Don't talk on the internet until you're properly awake. Noted.

Last edited by Deathwing Zero,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the retail copy do i have to use savvine to dump the save or is there a way to cheat ingame
Depends what you want to cheat exactly

For things like item cards in adventure mode or ruppees you can use TCP gecko or Jgecko

For weapon editing its best to dump your game save with Saviine.

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
where do i download tcp gecko or jgecko for 5.5.1
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/gecko_dnet-zip.20859/

Also I have no experience with Jgecko, I'm in the process of learning to use it now as I'm typing. TCP gecko gets you more control over what you can do than Jgecko so I would learn to use that one first.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Everytime my game is attempting to save this message appears.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/87121071/Hyrule Warriors/20160512_201118.jpg

Nothing is happening to my save data and everything is saving like normal but I would like for this pop-up to stop appearing.

Update: This is bad, it seems like from the point of when I injected the save it can no longer save new progress. I turned off my Wii U after doing a mission and saving. Turned back on and its uncleared.

I'm not sure what to do to fix this, if anyone has any ideas for me I'm listening.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
https://gbatemp.net/attachments/gecko_dnet-zip.20859/

Also I have no experience with Jgecko, I'm in the process of learning to use it now as I'm typing. TCP gecko gets you more control over what you can do than Jgecko so I would learn to use that one first.
The difference being JGeckoU does not crash the codehandler anywhere near as much as TCP Gecko.Net does. Also, JGeckoU is still in development while TCP Gecko.Net's development has stalled indefinitely. There have been minor adjustments here and there but stability improvements (which lie both with TCP Gecko.Net and the codehandler itself) haven't happened, that I'm aware of, at least.

The short version is: Do you want to MAKE cheat codes? Get used to TCPGecko.Net crashing your codehandler forcing you to reboot the console and start all over again. Want to APPLY cheat codes? Read the required reading and get JGeckoU.

Don't get me wrong, without the work of chadderz and many other people this may not have happened at all, and we would be stuck with something like NTR for the 3DS. However, TCP Gecko.Net and pyGecko are frankly inferior at this point.

Last edited by Deathwing Zero,

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed my problem, the backup file was being injected along with the regular save data. I feel silly and at the same time relived I dont have to start my whole game over.

Reactions: I pwned U!

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Deathwing Zero

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
K10 is the wrong one. That one is for Loadiine and Homebrew Loader. You have to use the modified k31 exploit on wj44.ml/k31 and then the modified gecko codehandler at wj44.ml/py. You cannot run two different kernel exploits.

EarlAB

hon hon titty croissants
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey, could somebody please edit my save so that all characters are LVL 254? (I want the proper damage and hearts.)
I just don't know HEX editing and the last time I attempted it, it was on the PS3 and it seemed to cause a permanent change on the disc (as in, most textures were simply gone). lol
P.S. I don't know if I should just attach it so I'll send it in a PM if someone wants to do it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k