Hacking Editing the Trainer Icon image via PKHex for Pokémon Scarlet/Violet

quantumboy

Casual Hacker, Avid Dreamer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Pkhex when you open a save from scarlet or violet and go to block data there is an object block for trainer icon, *Object KPlayerTrainerIcon.
any way when dumping the block I have viewed it and several different versions of it from different saves I made with hex workshop
here's what I have figured out, but I am still at a loss on a few aspects, and would appreciate any one joining me in the experimentation.
  • the image aspect of the block is from byte 0 up to 6200 (in HEX addresses)
  • each pixel seems to be represented by 8 bytes, which is not a image format I am familiar with
  • when making all bytes in a pixel 00 I get black
  • when making just byte 0 for each pixel FF and rest 00, I get Blue
  • when making just byte 1 for each pixel FF and rest 00, I get Yellow
  • when making just byte 2 for each pixel FF and rest 00, I get Black
  • bytes 4,5,6,7 seem to have to do with some kind of of transparency or something
  • no idea what byte 3 does
This doesn't seem to be any kind of RGB or RGBA, HSV, or any color system I can figure out. I suppose through trial and error I can figure out some sample color codes, and eventually make a primative image editor, but

EDIT:
  • turns out the first two bytes are actually 16bit color, using BGR 5, 6, 5 bits layout similar to rgb565
  • getting closer....

EDIT2:
  • the bite layout is actually BRG 556, and the image is not square I am using a mine craft cicle generator to attempt to fit it properly but my pixel count is off by less than 10

Last edited by quantumboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol