Hacking Hyrule Warriors save editing

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think you get it. Phanton prefers to use HxD to cheat. To do that, he has to take his SD card out of his Wii U and plug it into his computer, so that he can edit his save. Yes you can use JGecko and not remove your SD card but he doesn't like to do it that way. That is literally all he was trying to say. I hope you understand now. :)

As for me, I use both methods, as it depends on what I am trying to do.
You should never have to ever take out the SD card whether your inspecting the ram or hex editing your save. I have no idea why you would ever need to take it out.
I hear everything you are saying but I dont think you are listening to me. Please read carefully.

zongalito

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
This is the base code for weapon modification

WT 00 00 00 ID ID ID ID BP BP ST ST S1 S1 S1 S1 S2 S2 S2 S2 S3 S3 S3 S3 S4 S4 S4 S4 S5 S5 S5 S5 S6 S6 S6 S6 S7 S7 S7 S7 S8 S8 S8 S8 K1 K1 K1 K1 K2 K2 K2 K2 K3 K3 K3 K3 K4 K4 K4 K4 K5 K5 K5 K5 K6 K6 K6 K6 K7 K7 K7 K7 K8 K8 K8 K8

but its easier to do your own code if you use this form as base

WT 00 00 00 00 00 00 ID BP BP 00 ST 00 00 00 S1 00 00 00 S2 00 00 00 S3 00 00 00 S4 00 00 00 S5 00 00 00 S6 00 00 00 S7 00 00 00 S8 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

i left all the KX with 0's so you only need 1 ko to unlock the sealed ability
and to find your weapon you should follow these steps
1.-Use HxD, is the best hex editor and its simple to use
2.-Note Down the weapon you want to modify, and then find the value in the first post of this thread
3.- use the base of this code and put the WT, ID, BP, and etc.
4.- open your save in HxD and then use ctrl+F
5.- write 03 00 00 00 00 00 00 ID and you will find these values
6.- press on the 03 and hold shift, then hold the right arrow until you get a value of 4D lenght
7.- Overwrite all the code with the one you build, save and test it, it should work now
for a easier result, try to keep one of a every kind of weapon
Setting legendary or evil's bane with 0 k.o. wont unlock them

Last edited by zongalito,
Reactions: OriginalHamster

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick observation from the editor.
Code:
Take offset below then add this offset for each property per-character.
0x00 (2 Bytes) Damage [Max unknown]
0x06 (2 Bytes) Level (Zero-based — 0 == Level 1)
0x08 (4 bytes) Experience

I don't know what's at 0x06 from the character offsets but I assumed it was 2 bytes for the level and it's only 1 byte at 0x07. 0x06 is… something else and a couple of my characters have something there so they are getting the level wrong.

Reactions: marc_max

marc_max

Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
Quick observation from the editor.

I don't know what's at 0x06 from the character offsets but I assumed it was 2 bytes for the level and it's only 1 byte at 0x07. 0x06 is… something else and a couple of my characters have something there so they are getting the level wrong.
Makes sense since level can't get past 255.
In my case I was getting a weird levels (0xff01) in all DLC characters, but since I haven't bought any of them, I thought it was normal.

EDIT: They are probably flags to mark it as recently bought (so a message appears before starting the game).

Last edited by marc_max,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here is my editor:
Hey Marc_max, nice to see you around since wii hacking ;)

Have anyone else released a save editing tool for that game?
I'm listing them to the wiki, but I haven't read all the page of the thread yet.
if it's the only one, maybe we could add the url to the first post too.

PsychoticDust

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Marc_max, nice to see you around since wii hacking ;)

Have anyone else released a save editing tool for that game?
I'm listing them to the wiki, but I haven't read all the page of the thread yet.
if it's the only one, maybe we could add the url to the first post too.
I have read every page and this is the only editor which has been shared here. :)

PsychoticDust

Trophies
XP
Country
I found a python script on page 2, but it's for max rupees only.
Sorry, I didn't think that counted.

Here is my editor:
http://www.marcrobledo.com/apps/html5-savegame-editors/hyrule-warriors/

Use it at your own risk, since I haven't tried to inject it.

From what I tried, it works perfectly! I didn't mess around with character levels, as I want to level them up myself but everything else is great! Thank you!

I only have two minor things to add:

The weapons drop down box where you can select 0 to 1029, what does that mean? Is that one of the weapon slots the game allocates?

It would be awesome if you added a "max all" button for the items, as it takes a little while to copy and paste 999 to everything but that is only a tiny criticism in an otherwise great editor. I love how easy it is to edit weapons! That will save a lot of noob posts and questions.

I think your editor deserves it's own thread.

Last edited by PsychoticDust,

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
@PsychoticDust @Phanton I know that it's a bit late on the discussion, but using saviine (WiiU + PC server) to handle the save you can just inject/dump the save file from your PC without the need to copy it to SD card, ejecting it from WiiU and then bringing it to the PC. I try to not physically touch the SD if it's avoidable. I only eject it to copy new games to loadiine, and that's quite rare after the 1st month that I've exploited the console.

I also like to edit on HxD since I only edit new DLC chars to max exp-1 and max ruppee, so I use ruppees only to handle badges. Trying to do it from RAM is a bit troublesome because at every update the offsets will be shifted and sometimes if you do a double click in poke in tpcgecko and other RAM editors the game will freeze. So in my case it's less troublesome to edit the save than handling RAM on this case.

Reactions: PsychoticDust

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
you can dump/inject with saviine, but it works only with the retail game (disc or eshop).
If you use loadiine, you need to put the savegame on your SDCard, but you should use FtpiiU to transfer the file without removing the SD card.

Reactions: Phanton

BtEtta

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The weapons drop down box where you can select 0 to 1029, what does that mean? Is that one of the weapon slots the game allocates?
The weapons are just a big unsorted list. Any time you get a new one it goes in the first empty slot in the list, any time you're selecting a weapon HW searches the whole list for ones matching the type you're selecting, any time you sell/fuse weapons you just create an empty slot in the list ready for new weapons to fill.

It might be nice to add a filter to the weapons part of the editor so it only lists the slots containing a specific weapon type, e.g. Link - Hylian Sword, Zelda - Rapier, etc... (plus a filter for 'Empty')

It's probably worth not including the 'blank?' weapon types (I'm assuming these are the ones that have the 0x04 bit set) as it seems the game ignores/deletes them. My current working theory for those is that the game stores weapons picked up during the current mission in memory with that bit set so that it knows to display them during the post mission screens.Nope, another theory down.

Edit: another thing, weapons can have arbitrary base power values, not just the defaults for Level 1 - 3/Master Sword.
Perhaps link that drop down to a disabled text box which can be enabled if 'Custom' is selected in the drop down?

Coupling that with a static field that calculates the actual damage value would be an extra bonus, the full pseudo-code calculation for that is:
Code:
if (legendaryType && legendarySkill && legendaryKOs==0) { actualBasePower = 300 }
else { actualBasePower = basePower }

starBonus = actualBasePower / 10

if (evilsBane && evilsBaneSkill && evilsBaneKOs==0) { finalPower = actualBasePower + 200 + (starBonus * stars) }
else { finalPower = actualBasePower + (starBonus * stars) }
finalPower = ceiling(finalPower)

Last edited by BtEtta,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/sQK1btk8ZUs?si=Z4p2kuM_7fXV7_Ps