Hurricane Harvey Causes Massive Floods in Houston

The latest hurricane in the south, Hurricane Harvey, has caused substantial flooding in Houston, Texas, with three currently dead and thousands who've lost there homes. So far, over 50 inches of rain has been reported, with more rain fall expected in the area.

Our own beloved reporter, @Chary, was unfortunately caught up in this disaster. We have heard from her, and she is physically fine, but she has unfortunately lost her house and possessions. We will have more information on this as we hear it.

All our thoughts and prayers of the Temp staff are with Chary and those other people caught in the disaster.

:arrow: Source

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm hearing my street wasn't even hit that bad, comparatively. I also know i was told my street wasn't a rescue priority either, even when I had deadly amounts of water inside the house.

I'm terrified quite honestly of what happened to people further south, or in Rockport. I'm hearing insurance could potentially cover a lot if not most of things, but as a renter, it might be kinda shady. Will have to look into the policy. My heart goes out to anyone else in SE Texas, because I know out there, some people have it worse than me.

I still can't sleep, honestly. I think I'm still buzzed from it all and in shock. I could really go for a pillow, sleeping on a hard cot is tough haha. The community, both of the one here in Houston, and of GBAtemp just really make me happy.

In regards to 2 story houses, hardly any here have that. Probably due to the strong winds we have. There's so much of the city ruined honestly. I don't know what they're going to do. House prices were already insane. I don't know if I could live here in Houston again. So much loss, everyone in my town is basically homeless at this point. Luckily I have a hotel booked thanks to my grandparents for at least tomorrow. After that, it'll be cleanup patrol and seeing what exactly I lost. Then filing FEMA papers and insurance crap. I'm totally hurt about the loss of my car. I'm glad it's insured, but darn it, that was my first car.

Anyways, I'll be reading the replies as they come in! <3 shoddy 4G signal or not!

CitizenSnips

a seldom-used crab named Lucky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My condolences to anyone affected by the hurricane and floodings. It must be tough to lose your house and possessions, or even much worse a loved one. Stay safe everyone over there, i hope things will get better soon

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chary has been a dear friend to me for years. For nearly 5 years now ive known Chary. My heart aches to see all of this happen. I am so sorry that this happened to you, and to the people all over my old home of texas.

I met you thanks to this community. This community has benefitted so much from all of the work youve put into it. This community has grown thanks to your dedication, your resilience, and your love. And we are here for you. We support you. You are one of the strongest friends i've ever had.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chary has been a dear friend to me for years. For nearly 5 years now ive known Chary. My heart aches to see all of this happen. I am so sorry that this happened to you, and to the people all over my old home of texas.

I met you thanks to this community. This community has benefitted so much from all of the work youve put into it. This community has grown thanks to your dedication, your resilience, and your love. And we are here for you. We support you. You are one of the strongest friends i've ever had.

Ah geez, reading what you said about Chary, brought tears to my eyes :cry: We all wish @Chary the best and we do support her and will help in any way we can.

Acrux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Chary....i can't even begin to relate to your losses or the sadness you feel. I tried to imagine myself in your situation but it was to painful. I wish your family, community and of course you, the best of luck in this tragic situation. I hope all goes well.

thane98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strangely enough, the hurricane's hardly touched Austin - the weather's been pretty crappy, but it's just like any other storm. It's strange to think about how close the city is to the areas experiencing these massive floods.

Regardless, I wish the best for anyone affected by the hurricane. I couldn't imagine trying to recover from losing that much.

Last edited by thane98,
Reactions: Chary
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
Chary,

I was keeping up with you for a while leading up to this, and you said things would get bad and you updated us little by little, but I never thought it would get like this. I have no words for what you might be feeling right now. But wow, getting to know you these past few months, I saw just how much you've had to deal with and the brave face you put on. Honestly, you're one in a million. And I wish you all the luck, my friend.

Hopefully after this is over, we can all pop a can of Hentai Tentacle Rape Soda together and conquer Kanto with our bag of milk ^_^

I look forward to seeing you back, stronger than ever. Stay safe, and sleep well.

- Halo

petethepug

PUG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just heard about the flood on the news this morning in my time zone. Kind of crazy to think about a 15 meter flood hitting a city ._.

Never been a flood, hurricane, tsunami, earth quake (well a minor one but not to the point where it devistated the area I lived in.) I don't know much to say about that, honestly.

I don't want to sound rude, or come across a certain way but. Hopefully everyone is safe and got around the flood okay.

Reactions: Chary

Katsumi San

Trophies
XP
Country
I do not expecting this board become front saito news. Also it is not so great feeling that Chary user also live in Houston is become lose living situation because storm. Right now I cannot escape house vicinity because main street is like river. I do not experience situation like this before and in foreign country!! I send best wishing(?) to Chary become(being?) safe all of this storm time. I am grateful nothing is happen to my house. I continue staying inside like Otaku life as always but become awareness!! Please other human in Houston do not doing anything rushing!! Be safe!

P.S. Do not kill me, it is 00:24 time and google not help...

Last edited by Katsumi San,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.