[UPDATE 2] Calling all Tempers: Help Chary and Family!

Capture.JPG

Today we have setup a GoFundMe page for our beloved reporter @Chary.

Krista and her family have lost their entire home and all worldly possessions in the floods caused by Hurricane Harvey.

Please help us to help them by donating on the following page, any amount will help!

:arrow:Donate on GoFundMe
:arrow:Donate via Paypal to [email protected] and we'll match it on GoFundMe

:arrow:Houston Red Cross

[-UPDATE 2-]
Chary and her family have now received the cash from the fundraiser in full. Thanks again to everyone who donated and helped out!

[-UPDATE-]

After 2 weeks 82 donations have helped to raise £2022 (roughly $2670) to help Chary and her family to rebuild their lives.

A massive thanks to all of the following tempers who donated, and those of you who wished to remain anonymous:

@CreeperdivoHomebrewer
@BlackWizzard17
@Montgomery Von Goochums
@Becky McAndrew
[USER=31]@shaunj66

@thomas Hugh
@DinohScene
@Yudowat
@Disse
@Foxi4
@linuxares
@Bubsy Bobcat
@Depravo
@bjaxx87
@Mário Liberato
@RayD97 Dean
@eric Cobb
@Shadowfied
@sandra Hughes
@Majin Cubyan
[USER=290925]@frogboy

@nEx Y
@exangel
@Rebekah Davenport
@XxShalevElimelechxX
@mohammed Al Rashedi
@SuzieJoe Bob
@andre Trek
@lilaznkilla
@Aneki S
@Bu2d85
@Munchlax Brunchlax
[USER=30028]@Julio
Lizardo
@Eris
@Catsinabucket
@sarkwalvein
@drazenm
@xfxmrl
@Lia
@GamerzHell9137
@x65943
@Elrinth
@BowlOfSpiders
@jerbear64
@cearp
@VinsCool
@Minox
@Roify
@Apathetic_Discord
@Deathwing Zero
@Dennis L
@GearCross
@Joshua F
@draxoon
@Issac
@B_E_P_I_S_M_A_N
@Yu Lu
@Gallito
@misterion
@8BitWonder
@deakphreak
@Armadillo
@matpower
@H.F.H Peeters
@Taleweaver
@p1ngpong
@anon nano
@Alephas Enum
@DarkFlare69
@Todderbert
@HaloEliteLegend
@nastydsi
@ian Mc
[USER=317601]@mbcrazed

@elias Jackson
@6 x anonymous

Also a massive thanks to everyone who has streamed to help this fund.

You are what makes GBAtemp such an amazing community to be a part of!

Now, as for GoFundMe, they have still not released the funds to Chary, despite saying they would, over 10 days ago. The excuse is their engineers need time to convert the raised amount to dollars, and their payment processing team are trying their best to get it done. To me this sounds absurd, but here we are, 14 days since the fund started, waiting for the cash to be paid out in this emergency situation.[/USER][/USER][/USER][/USER]

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My deep condolences (is it how we say it in English ?) for the loss of your aunt. Hopes she get to paradise. But still you may know something, it's that she's watching you from the top and that she loved you like when she was alive.

Reactions: Chary

EZ-Megaman

Likeanator
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt, Chary. I can't think of any words to offer, but I Hope yuo and your family manage to cope with everything that's been happening.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
As if this month didn't do enough, my aunt died yesterday night. It's just...I don't even know what to say or think. But I went and took an Uber to my house, because in my desperation, I wanted to see if a blanket she made for me as a baby was okay.

Well, that was a dumb thing to do.
View attachment 98145

The landowner already had people out tossing everything from my house. Even if things weren't trash before, they are now...

I couldn't find the blanket in that mess, and I really didn't have the stomach to look very hard. That's my entire life's personal belongings condensed into my front yard.

There's a rose in my backyard, one that's lived through hurricane ike, through all the storms and punishments that 15 years of living there has brought to that poor plant. Even though the flood waters were taller than it, it's still alive. Though I'm moreso thinking that I wanted to uproot it and take it with me, it also feels like an appropriate metaphor for life...to keep standing strong through every storm life throws at you.

Mentally, I'm okay. It's just...difficult.

I have to stay in Texas, as my mother couldn't find a comparable job in Oregon or California sadly. I'm hoping FEMA extends my hotel stay so I can have more opportunities to find a place to live. While a lot of people are looking for places to live, there's a lot of people looking to just...leave Texas entirely. I'm hopeful despite the low chances of finding anywhere good.
Sorry for the late reply, I really didn't know how to reply to this situation. I am terribly sorry to hear about all of this, no one should have to go through so much in so short a period time. It shows that life is just indifferent and unfair. At the same time, I really want to see you pull through all of this. I don't know you too personally, but I can tell you are stronger than this situation and that you can pull through. Please stay strong and fight, also always remember we are here for you.
You are a Temper. Through thick and thing, we are always kin.

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Chary and Aneki

Aneki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel bad for all of this that's happening to you. I would've answered earlier as well but I couldn't find the right words to reply either. But you're strong and has been all through this tough time, and I'm glad you're doing fine, but sad about your aunt, she's in a better place now. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're going to get through this, yeah it's easier said than done, but you're not alone, we're all here to help you!

Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
It's just been a harrowing past two weeks, with not one but two major hurricanes hitting within 15 days of each other. I had friends in both Houston and around Florida so these past few weeks have be racked with worry. But I'm glad we were able to do something great for Chary. Gives me some faith in humanity. With luck, GoFundMe releases the funds soon and they can be sent along without much trouble.

I'll happily stream if it helps raise even more money or just to spread awareness of any hurricanes going around right now it's the least I can do.

I don't know what kind of damage Irma has caused, but I think we should raise awareness for that next. The Caribbean islands, Cuba, and surrounding nations south of Florida got hit really hard. To make nature even more of a b!tch, there's Hurricane Jose still out there east of Florida and another former hurricane that has since dissipated into a regular storm. If we could raise awareness about that, I think that'd be great.

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry bout your aunt i lost both maternal grandparents within 2 years so i understand how you feel the only thought i could do is once you get a pet friendly apartment get a dog or cat animals are very therapeutic if i was able to i'd send you a kitten it's the thought that counts i guess

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Why is the GoFundMe not in USD when it's funding someone who needs USD?
The person who started the campaign, T-Hug, lives in England. That probably explains why.

JFlare

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel so sad for what has happened to you @Chary . The events that have happened to you and your family are just terrible and it shouldn't have happened. I don't have any money, but all my thoughts and prayers will be going to you! I hope things from here out will be better!

Reactions: Chary and Aneki

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm truly saddened to hear of your ongoing troubles Chary. It certainly seems in life, at times, the universe is cruel and calculating. I personally believe it is conscious, and that things that come to pass are meant to be, for reasons incomprehensible.

A lotus flower grows from mud, the strongest steel is forged in the hottest fires, energies are never destroyed, and things that pass pave the way for things to be.

Please stay strong, remember that hope is an energy and it doesn't die. Sometimes you just don't know it's there. Much love and hope from me and mine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...