[UPDATE 2] Calling all Tempers: Help Chary and Family!

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by T-hug, Aug 28, 2017.

1. sp3off

sp3off One male shadow.

Apr 17, 2013
    France
    Hell's Lair
    My deep condolences (is it how we say it in English ?) for the loss of your aunt. Hopes she get to paradise. But still you may know something, it's that she's watching you from the top and that she loved you like when she was alive.

Chary likes this.

2. EZ-Megaman

EZ-Megaman Likeanator

Aug 11, 2009
    I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your aunt, Chary. I can't think of any words to offer, but I Hope yuo and your family manage to cope with everything that's been happening.

Chary likes this.
  3. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Wolfdog™ I drool on my knife

Sep 13, 2009
    Antarctica
    Between insane and insecure
    Sorry for the late reply, I really didn't know how to reply to this situation. I am terribly sorry to hear about all of this, no one should have to go through so much in so short a period time. It shows that life is just indifferent and unfair. At the same time, I really want to see you pull through all of this. I don't know you too personally, but I can tell you are stronger than this situation and that you can pull through. Please stay strong and fight, also always remember we are here for you.
    You are a Temper. Through thick and thing, we are always kin.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Sep 10, 2017
    Chary and Aneki like this.
  4. Aneki

Aneki Member

Newcomer
    Jan 16, 2012
    United States
    Under a tree near a waterfall
    I feel bad for all of this that's happening to you. I would've answered earlier as well but I couldn't find the right words to reply either. But you're strong and has been all through this tough time, and I'm glad you're doing fine, but sad about your aunt, she's in a better place now. I guess what I'm trying to say is that you're going to get through this, yeah it's easier said than done, but you're not alone, we're all here to help you!

Chary likes this.
  5. Dominator211

Dominator211 JFK's Jelly Donut

Oct 15, 2016
    United States
    New York
    this is great im so happy but the next time disaster strikes you might want to raise the type of money the person needs instead of something else so we dont have to wait

6. Alkéryn

Alkéryn Master of cookies ~

Mar 15, 2015
    France
    Albategnius, Moon
    Sent 10bucks to shaunj66@GBAtemp.net
    hope paypal don't fuck up
    i would give more but i'm just a student
    still chary is a great redactor and an important part of the forum and i would like her to be back on foot asap
    Anyway i hope you can get through it.

Aneki, shaunj66 and Chary like this.
  7. AyanamiRei0

AyanamiRei0 GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.

GBAtemp Patron
    AyanamiRei0 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    England I guess
    I'll happily stream if it helps raise even more money or just to spread awareness of any hurricanes going around right now it's the least I can do.

Aneki and HaloEliteLegend like this.
  8. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    It's just been a harrowing past two weeks, with not one but two major hurricanes hitting within 15 days of each other. I had friends in both Houston and around Florida so these past few weeks have be racked with worry. But I'm glad we were able to do something great for Chary. Gives me some faith in humanity. With luck, GoFundMe releases the funds soon and they can be sent along without much trouble.

I don't know what kind of damage Irma has caused, but I think we should raise awareness for that next. The Caribbean islands, Cuba, and surrounding nations south of Florida got hit really hard. To make nature even more of a b!tch, there's Hurricane Jose still out there east of Florida and another former hurricane that has since dissipated into a regular storm. If we could raise awareness about that, I think that'd be great.

Meteor7, Aneki and Chary like this.
  9. CreeperdivoHomebrewer

CreeperdivoHomebrewer The Guy Who Killed Paladin Danse

GBAtemp Patron
    CreeperdivoHomebrewer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 4, 2016
    Canada
    Boston 2287
    I just donated 25 euros to the GoFundMe campaign. i hope everything gets better then before the tornado @Chary and i give u all my luck

T-hug, Aneki, Alkéryn and 1 other person like this.
  10. chrisrlink

chrisrlink your friendly neighborhood serial killer

Aug 27, 2009
    United States
    Elm street
    sorry bout your aunt i lost both maternal grandparents within 2 years so i understand how you feel the only thought i could do is once you get a pet friendly apartment get a dog or cat animals are very therapeutic if i was able to i'd send you a kitten it's the thought that counts i guess

Chary likes this.
  11. evandixon

evandixon PMD Researcher

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Why is the GoFundMe not in USD when it's funding someone who needs USD?

12. VinsCool

VinsCool Delusional

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    End of Time
    The person who started the campaign, T-Hug, lives in England. That probably explains why.

Chary likes this.
  13. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal Kirigiri > Naoto

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    lul @Mário Liberato

T-hug and Lia like this.
  14. jamezfat

jamezfat GBAtemp Regular

Nov 11, 2016
    United States
    long past "worth it"
    ..., well I Wish the best of luck !

15. supergamer368

supergamer368 high on froot loops all the time

May 22, 2016
    United States
    In a wastebasket reading my neighbor's mail
    My parents donated Walmart to the overall relief fund, so good luck to everybody down there. When there's a problem in our country, we come together to fix it.

16. BARNWEY

BARNWEY THE MLG DINOSAUR

Oct 11, 2016
    United States
    Imagination
    Holy shit dude, I wish I could help. Unfortunately, I have no money.... I hope things turn out okay for you @Chary

Aneki and Chary like this.
  17. JFlare

JFlare anti skiddo

Jan 28, 2017
    United States
    I feel so sad for what has happened to you @Chary . The events that have happened to you and your family are just terrible and it shouldn't have happened. I don't have any money, but all my thoughts and prayers will be going to you! I hope things from here out will be better!

18. Yepi69

Yepi69 Vivid and busy gamer

Nov 29, 2010
    Portugal
    Behind you
    Once I receive my check, I'll be more than glad to donate.

You helped me, now its my turn to help you as well.
    Good to see the community being this close.

19. brickmii82

brickmii82 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 21, 2015
    United States
    I'm truly saddened to hear of your ongoing troubles Chary. It certainly seems in life, at times, the universe is cruel and calculating. I personally believe it is conscious, and that things that come to pass are meant to be, for reasons incomprehensible.

A lotus flower grows from mud, the strongest steel is forged in the hottest fires, energies are never destroyed, and things that pass pave the way for things to be.

Please stay strong, remember that hope is an energy and it doesn't die. Sometimes you just don't know it's there. Much love and hope from me and mine.

Chary likes this.
  20. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    Thanks again, everyone! I've got the full amount of donations in my bank account!

House hunting is still a bit rough, and the only good places I've found are risky locations. But I do get to go see my cats today! I haven't seen them in what feels like forever!