Hacking How to unbrick a 3ds? (Ntrboot)

Sub2pewds

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Does anybody know how to unbrick a n3ds XL that i messed with the code of sysnand virtual file

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

it Powers up but i am greeted with this screen

Attachments

• IMG_20210208_195300.jpg
    IMG_20210208_195300.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 133

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Does anybody know how to unbrick a n3ds XL that i messed with the code of sysnand virtual file

it Powers up but i am greeted with this screen

Use ntrboot to load GodMode9 (instead of just install CFW) and then restore a NAND backup from the same console (or use CTRTransfer - Type D9 in case you don't have any NAND backup)

Sub2pewds

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
The problem is i dont have a nand backup

Should i consider buying a new Motherboard
And swaping it?

Sub2pewds

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Because i will probably mess something up with the ctrtransfer

Yes i did

But do you think that it will work if i swap the motherboard?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This just blows my mind. Sorry. I can't say something different. GodMode9 makes the screen go red and says in no uncertain terms that proceeding with lvl3 write permissions can brick the console. Why would anyone mess with SYSNAND VIRTUAL? Reading this felt like the following animation:
kopf-gegen-wand-smilies-0001-gif.245669

I don't want to sound offensive. My goal is telling any random visitor that stumbles upon this (possibly years later) not to do such experiments if they don't know what they're doing. Even the README.md says it:
github.com/d0k3/GodMode9/blob/master/README.md said:
Red: The highest regular permission level. There are no limits to system file edits, and if you are not careful enough, you can brick your console and/or remove your A9LH/B9S installation. Bricks on this level may only be fixable in hardware. If you don't have a NAND backup at this point, you seem to have a deathwish for your console.

Because i will probably mess something up with the ctrtransfer
There is no harm in trying. First start GodMode9 with ntrboot. Then backup your currently bricked NAND (it might contain console-unique data that could be needed if something goes wrong on CTRTransfer Type D9). Lastly follow TurdPooCharger's (awesomely written) instructions.

But do you think that it will work if i swap the motherboard?
If done correctly, yes. It will be a completely different device then.
The connectors for the ribbon cables are very delicate. Be careful. Some of them have to be opened and some hold their cable just by friction (trying to open them will break them). Refer to the guide on ifixit.com for instructions. I really recommend software troubleshooting first.

Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1