Hacking How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 88v3 2001 which is currently modded with 6.20 PRO-B8. Can I get this permanently updated to 6.60 or will it require the temp patch?

Everything runs perfectly right now but I have a bunch of stuff purchased via the PSN store and would like to install them, if I won't risk losing my mod.

Thanks!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I have a 88v3 2001 which is currently modded with 6.20 PRO-B8. Can I get this permanently updated to 6.60 or will it require the temp patch?

Everything runs perfectly right now but I have a bunch of stuff purchased via the PSN store and would like to install them, if I won't risk losing my mod.

Thanks!
The 6.60 patch is the same method as the old 5.x firmwares, so if it couldn't have 5.x GEN or 5.00 M33 then it can't have 6.60 perm.

That said, 6.20 PRO can use the PSN just fine last I checked.

Reactions: Kadin

Kadin

Ain't no rest for the wicked...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that was my mistake... I meant linking it up to my PS3 to copy game data over, etc. as that's quicker for me. It needs a higher version than what I'm on. I'll look more into that specifically and stick to 6.20 for now. Thanks!

shadow theory

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay this is probably a dumb question, I have CFW 5.00 M33-6 on my psp currently. Should I go through the trouble of upgrading? What are the benefits, further game compatibility? If I have games that are currently running on this firmware and I update will I still be able to run them? I've been looking around but I'm am admittedly a bit clueless.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Okay this is probably a dumb question, I have CFW 5.00 M33-6 on my psp currently. Should I go through the trouble of upgrading? What are the benefits, further game compatibility? If I have games that are currently running on this firmware and I update will I still be able to run them? I've been looking around but I'm am admittedly a bit clueless.
Yes you get to play new games, and most games should work. The only two that might give issues are one of the God Of War games and Kingdom Hearts (because they had to be hacked up to run on 5.x), getting new/clean downloads will fix that.

Rizokushi37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Um, hey.... when I downloaded the 6.20 PRO C2. I run it in my computer first since it's an exe. It says Preparing 6.20 PRO C2... and it keeps loading endlessly I've been waiting for 30 min. and it's still loading. Is this suppose to do it?. Please Reply as soon as you get this. I want to hack my PSP :psp: tell me how to start Im just new to this stuff... ( sorry I f this question is answered it's because this page has already 50 pages. )

Rizokushi37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Rizokushi37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
uh, hey again.... I have a problem I downloaded the files directly to the psp but when I run the 6.20 PRO Updater it said " sorry this program doesnt support your FW ( oxo5050010 ) PLEASE HELP ;^; Im new to this kinda stuff...

soulrazor

Trophies
XP
Country
uh, hey again.... I have a problem I downloaded the files directly to the psp but when I run the 6.20 PRO Updater it said " sorry this program doesnt support your FW ( oxo5050010 ) PLEASE HELP ;^; Im new to this kinda stuff...
What is your current fw installed??

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It may seem like an insane leap of logic but maybe read the instructions in the first post of this topic -
If you are currently on an older CUSTOM/HACKED firmware...

and then use the instructions for whatever firmware you want...

JUST FOLLOW THE WORDS (ONE BY SOLITARY ONE) RYDIAN HAS WRITTEN! Don't go off piste...there be monsters...

AznLoooser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'M in need of some help! I was in the middle of playing Dangan Ronpa and pressed select (to look at the backlog of the dialog) when my game froze.

I restarted my Semi-Hacked PSP and then tried to 're-hack' it like usual. But my psp won't respond when I do. After the PSP load screen pops up and darkens down, the screen remains black and my psp powers off on it's own as if it was bricked. However, nothing seems in the wrong before the re-hack.

For information purposes, I have a Star-Wars 2000 with temp-hack 6.60 on (Reason being, I have never trusted perma-hacking and figured temp was the best+safest way to go just in case something like this happened). Right now, I'm trying to figure out what I should do. I'm considering un-hacking my psp and then re-hacking it. The problem seems to lie in the fact that I can't get my PSP through the re-hacking. Can anyone give their opinion on this and any preferred methods? Will I need to completely un-hack my "temp'-hacked psp?

EDIT: I apologize, I just realized this probably isn't the right place to post. I figured people knew what they were doing in this thread, so... plus, i have no clue how to delete this post. Can't spot a delete button for my life =x

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I'M in need of some help! I was in the middle of playing Dangan Ronpa and pressed select (to look at the backlog of the dialog) when my game froze.

I restarted my Semi-Hacked PSP and then tried to 're-hack' it like usual. But my psp won't respond when I do. After the PSP load screen pops up and darkens down, the screen remains black and my psp powers off on it's own as if it was bricked. However, nothing seems in the wrong before the re-hack.

For information purposes, I have a Star-Wars 2000 with temp-hack 6.60 on (Reason being, I have never trusted perma-hacking and figured temp was the best+safest way to go just in case something like this happened). Right now, I'm trying to figure out what I should do. I'm considering un-hacking my psp and then re-hacking it. The problem seems to lie in the fact that I can't get my PSP through the re-hacking. Can anyone give their opinion on this and any preferred methods? Will I need to completely un-hack my "temp'-hacked psp?

EDIT: I apologize, I just realized this probably isn't the right place to post. I figured people knew what they were doing in this thread, so... plus, i have no clue how to delete this post. Can't spot a delete button for my life =x
Meh, here works for something like this.

Try renaming the /seplugins/ folder to something different so that no plugins are loaded when going back into hacked mode.

AznLoooser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, here works for something like this.

Try renaming the /seplugins/ folder to something different so that no plugins are loaded when going back into hacked mode.

Oh it worked! No luck trying the first time, but second time got through. So did something go wrong with a plugin? -what I can do to fix this prooblem without keeping the folder renamed?

side-note, congrats at almost 1000 posts lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Let me finish do the harder drugs