Homebrew How to install legit CIA files 9.3-10.3

Was this helpful?

• Total voters

RhythmCat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This didn't work for me :-( Do you actually have Ironfall installed? I don't, maybe that's the problem. Also, between running the game and shutting down, so you press Home to quit the game and then turn it off with the power button? Or do you press the power button during the game? I tried both of these.

Can you describe the timing a bit better? This is what I tried:
A) ejecting then mashing A as soon as I saw the blue screen
B) ejecting then mashing A near the end of the green screen (which is just before the blue)
C) not ejecting and just mashing A when I saw the blue screen
D) ejecting then mashing A near the end of the blue screen
E)Not ejecting and mashing A right when FBI is trying to start up (red screen)
It worked for me ejecting 1-2 sec. after launching FBI and pressing A.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yup, I pressed A only once. Sometimes spamming it works too.
No good. Never gets to Done. Usually stops on Map complete, or has garbled text, or Cleaning up. (If I launch CHMM2 then FBI it usually gets to Done but is then frozen). Does your experience tell you whether I'm doing it too early or too late? And do you press A and eject at the same time? Or one slightly before the other? Can you make a YouTube video? There has to be something obvious I am missing. Unless I have a "special" n3ds.

Edit: and do you do anything special in ftBrony or just B as soon as it opens to quit?

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: Februarysn0w

gridatttack

Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
I suggest you don't do the eject trick if it doesn't work after a couple of tires, because IMO, seems placebo and you end up straining the spring used to eject the cart (which at some point it will have difficulties ejecting it)

Last time I used FTBrony to successfully boot FBI, I just simply opened it, and exited as son as I could.

Reactions: Quantumcat

RhythmCat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No good. Never gets to Done. Usually stops on Map complete, or has garbled text, or Cleaning up. (If I launch CHMM2 then FBI it usually gets to Done but is then frozen). Does your experience tell you whether I'm doing it too early or too late? And do you press A and eject at the same time? Or one slightly before the other? Can you make a YouTube video? There has to be something obvious I am missing. Unless I have a "special" n3ds.

Edit: and do you do anything special in ftBrony or just B as soon as it opens to quit?
Right after it opens I press B. And I'd like to do a youtube video but y'know... bad quality. :P

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you really want to install CIAs, you should just downgrade. That's all. :P
Downgrade didn't work. It would just get stuck on #5 or #7. I also don't want to risk a brick. If I haven't got all my games installed before KTM comes out I'll downgrade (KTM is coming out today right?)

Xenosaiga

Time to switch it up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N3DS. I installed games for a friend on an O3Ds a few days ago and got in on about the fourth try and installed the lot. O3DS is easy, N3DS not so much.
N3DS is a pain. It took me nearly three days of trying. So around 3-4 hundred trys?

I finally got it to work and then said screw it and downgraded. Downgrade worked first try and now I am comfortably sitting on 9.2 with emunand and able to install whatever I want.

Makapaka12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've gotten it to work, after may hours of trying. I just kept mashing A everytime I clicked on the FBI app. Just wanted to know if anyone's tried to install other legit CIA's which are not mentioned on the list?

Makapaka12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, thanks you for replying. But does anything happen if I tried to install a fake CIA?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, Dragon Ball Z Extreme Budokai is possible but doesn't look like anybody has extracted it yet.
BTW, I've found a DBZ Extreme Budokai CIA.

Nayd03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does anyone get an: Description_Invalid_Command (0x2f) error when he tries to install a cia? Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

RhythmCat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, Dragon Ball Z Extreme Budokai is possible but doesn't look like anybody has extracted it yet.
Neither YoKai Watch. :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does anyone get an: Description_Invalid_Command (0x2f) error when he tries to install a cia? Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
You need the ''Done'' line to succesfully install a CIA file.

Reactions: Nayd03

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work