• Same as before :/

Results are only viewable after voting.

PoLoMoTo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The payload will be named the same as the otherapp payload you download from here.
Here are the files to use for a 9.2 NEW 3DS:
USA: N3DS_U_12288_8203.bin
EUR: N3DS_E_12288_8203.bin
JAP: N3DS_J_12288_8203.bin

Here are the files to use for a 9.2 OLD 3DS:
USA: POST5_U_11272_8203.bin
EUR: POST5_E_11272_8203.bin
JAP: POST5_J_11272_8203.bin

The files are found in /3ds/themehax_installer/otherapp

I'll add this to the main guide. Hopefully that helps :P.

Yea thats the one I thought it would be, no dice. I've got a N3DS XL on sysNAND 9.2 when I swap the file the splash image comes up but I get nothing on the bottom, not even a color :/ Also might be worth noting when I power it off after the failure to boot the shutdown menu pops up.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yea thats the one I thought it would be, no dice. I've got a N3DS XL on sysNAND 9.2 when I swap the file the splash image comes up but I get nothing on the bottom, not even a color :/ Also might be worth noting when I power it off after the failure to boot the shutdown menu pops up.
Hmm maybe try the original method?

D

Deleted User

OP
Yea I'll have to give that a try, will report back tomorrow.
You are on 9.2 correct? Old 3DS or New? I have a New 3DS on 9.2 and I installed using the original method I actually haven't tested the second one but it should have the same effect if you have the correct file.

PoLoMoTo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are on 9.2 correct? Old 3DS or New? I have a New 3DS on 9.2 and I installed using the original method I actually haven't tested the second one but it should have the same effect if you have the correct file.

Yep 9.2 New 3DS XL, maybe the installer does something to the file before it installs it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Yep 9.2 New 3DS XL, maybe the installer does something to the file before it installs it.
Its possible though I don't think so. One thing you should check if you are using windows is whether extensions are hidden you can see how here. Windows hides extensions so it might appear that your file is named ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA12288_new3ds.bin but its actually named ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA12288_new3ds.bin.bin
That would also explain why you dont get the payload. The splash image is stored in a completely different location than the payload so you would still get that. MenuHax is stored in the theme extdata which is what runs first and executes the payload.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
..Huh, I can't believe I never thought of this before. The payloads from September always were more stable on my N3DS. I figured you couldn't use them in conjunction with the newer ROP which has image loading. Nice find, OP. I have roughly the same boot rates as when I was using 1.3, but now I can have the nice boot logo.

PoLoMoTo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its possible though I don't think so. One thing you should check if you are using windows is whether extensions are hidden you can see how here. Windows hides extensions so it might appear that your file is named ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA12288_new3ds.bin but its actually named ropbinpayload_menuhax_USA12288_new3ds.bin.bin
That would also explain why you dont get the payload. The splash image is stored in a completely different location than the payload so you would still get that. MenuHax is stored in the theme extdata which is what runs first and executes the payload.

Nah I moved it with Filezilla over FTP and Filezilla doesn't hide the file extension. I'll try plugging my SD card into my computer and doing it th... Actually no I definitely did have the right name and extension because when I copied the original back it asked me if I wanted to overwrite the file.

D

Deleted User

OP
Nah I moved it with Filezilla over FTP and Filezilla doesn't hide the file extension. I'll try plugging my SD card into my computer and doing it th... Actually no I definitely did have the right name and extension because when I copied the original back it asked me if I wanted to overwrite the file.
Ive had files not copy properly using FTP so that could be the issue as well. Try method one and maybe physically remove the SD card?

PoLoMoTo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive had files not copy properly using FTP so that could be the issue as well. Try method one and maybe physically remove the SD card?

Just did the first method and it works. I also noticed a thing. (Very specific, I know) The size of the file in the otherapp folder uninstalled was 38KB where as the installed file was 64KB so the installer definitely does something to the file. Works great though. I was having major issues with white screens after using GBA VC, time to see if thats fixed.

EDIT: Well boot success rate after exiting GBA VC does seem to have improved to about 50-60% (2 fails out of five tries) compared to the near 100% failure rate I had been getting, but outside of that it's basically 100% success. Now only if ReiNAND could be more reliable....

Last edited by PoLoMoTo,
D

Deleted User

OP
Just did the first method and it works. I also noticed a thing. (Very specific, I know) The size of the file in the otherapp folder uninstalled was 38KB where as the installed file was 64KB so the installer definitely does something to the file. Works great though. I was having major issues with white screens after using GBA VC, time to see if thats fixed.

EDIT: Well boot success rate after exiting GBA VC does seem to have improved to about 50-60% (2 fails out of five tries) compared to the near 100% failure rate I had been getting, but outside of that it's basically 100% success. Now only if ReiNAND could be more reliable....
The files in my other app folder are all 64 kb so you mustve had a corrupted transfew with FTP. ReiNand cant be anymore stable than it is unfortunately :( the kernel exploit is not 100% reliable and sometimes crashes.

PoLoMoTo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The files in my other app folder are all 64 kb so you mustve had a corrupted transfew with FTP. ReiNand cant be anymore stable than it is unfortunately :( the kernel exploit is not 100% reliable and sometimes crashes.

Nope it was before I even transferred them, I even just downloaded the zip again and they're all 38KB:

38kb.PNG

And that's unfortunate.

D

Deleted User

OP
Is there a method for 9.0 sysnand, too?
Yes you can try method 1. I'm not sure how well it will work though, but I dont see any reason why it wouldnt :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Nope it was before I even transferred them, I even just downloaded the zip again and they're all 38KB:

And that's unfortunate.
Someone also had a corrupt download earlier. Another possibility is it wasn't decompressed properly, I used 7-zip. Anyway glad it worked for you :D.

PoLoMoTo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can try method 1. I'm not sure how well it will work though, but I dont see any reason why it wouldnt :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Someone also had a corrupt download earlier. Another possibility is it wasn't decompressed properly, I used 7-zip. Anyway glad it worked for you :D.
Well the files in otherapp on my 3ds that were used for the install are all also 38KB so I don't think it was a corrupt download. Internet here is great and out of the three times I've downloaded it they've always been 38KB. Also extracted with 7zip and got the same result. But yea whatever, the first method worked so it doesn't really matter anymore.

Last edited by PoLoMoTo,
D

Deleted User

OP
Well the files in otherapp on my 3ds that were used for the install are all also 38KB so I don't think it was a corrupt download. Internet here is great and out of the three times I've downloaded it they've always been 38KB. Also extracted with 7zip and got the same result. But yea whatever, the first method worked so it doesn't really matter anymore.
Ok yeah nvm your right all of my files are 38kb as well. Ill remove the second method as clearly it doesn't work.

Reactions: PoLoMoTo

Mr_Q

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you. It might be a bit complex for people to understand, but it was really helpful for me!

I went from 50% bootrate to 100% on my downgraded N3DS XL (downgraded 10.3 to 9.2).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Psi's nipples stretch far wider and can touch his toes.