• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well yeah I did that but it didn't do anything.
Ran it for 15mins now and it's still like this
What might be wrong here?

Please connect with telnet and run:
Code:
wc -l /tmp/nzone.macs
ifconfig $(nvram get wl0_ifname)
nvram get cron_jobs

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Please connect with telnet and run:
Code:
wc -l /tmp/nzone.macs
ifconfig $(nvram get wl0_ifname)
nvram get cron_jobs

Here
Code:
root@Linksys E900:/tmp# wc -l /tmp/nzone.macs
root@Linksys E900:/tmp# ifconfig $(nvram get wl0_ifname)
eth1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 20:AA:XX:XX:XX:XX
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:77810 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:83896
          TX packets:154187 errors:124 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:10681733 (10.1 MiB)  TX bytes:206630307 (197.0 MiB)
          Interrupt:3 Base address:0x1000

root@Linksys E900:/tmp# nvram get cron_jobs

RapierDragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
took a few tries but I managed to edit in the google spreadsheet ... (near end of page 177 in this thread, my post is the 2nd-last on that page I think. Link at end of post.)

PLEASE
Can someone copy/paste the spreadsheet link back onto the sticky on page one of this thread?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
There's a line in startup now.
Nothing in cron jobs.

Just reboot router, and once more do exactly what is written in the guide at page10 of the topic.
If it wont work (no cron jobs, no startups cript on the WEB GUI) PM me, we'll try to investugate your issue!

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Just reboot router, and once more do exactly what is written in the guide at page10 of the topic.
If it wont work (no cron jobs, no startups cript on the WEB GUI) PM me, we'll try to investugate your issue!

Did exactly that and rebooted. Nothing.
Ran "/tmp/nzone start" next. Still nothing.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal

InCryosleep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After.png Before.png
I'm having a problem and I'm at my wits end trying to figure it out. I set up my network, my 3ds connects to it im using the NZ network. It pops up to the on the 3ds that im in a nintendo hotspot. But the problem is when I use mac cycle it's changing my mac address for my "Wi-Fi" connection from my wifi dongle, but when it does it causes Microsoft Virtual.. etc (NZ@McD1) to disable itself. And then I pretty much have to manually remove the changed mac to turn it back on.
View attachment 11459View attachment 11460

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
View attachment 11462 View attachment 11461
I'm having a problem and I'm at my wits end trying to figure it out. I set up my network, my 3ds connects to it im using the NZ network. It pops up to the on the 3ds that im in a nintendo hotspot. But the problem is when I use mac cycle it's changing my mac address for my "Wi-Fi" connection from my wifi dongle, but when it does it causes Microsoft Virtual.. etc (NZ@McD1) to disable itself. And then I pretty much have to manually remove the changed mac to turn it back on.
View attachment 11459View attachment 11460

Please follow "Before you tried anythging else" method in the first post. I'll be able to help.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
is it me only
but I didn't get a single SSB streetpass

You told yesterday that everythng is working. Just keep update toyr 3DS to 9.2.0 and keep the script running if so. I'm getting a full set of 12 SPs for SSB over the night

BPSpike

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So... just to check if I'm on the right track or not: If was using win7 before the update, since it forces the WPA encryption method on hosted networks, I have no other choice but to use the NZ@McD1(at least for now)?. Otherwise, if the network isn't open, attwifi won't get any streetpasses, right?.

InCryosleep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please follow "Before you tried anythging else" method in the first post. I'll be able to help.
Well I've run the maccheck and it closes without giving me a result, so I screenshotted all it said before it closes. The second program BSOD my computer and I had to repair my bios because it wouldn't start. So normally I would take it as my hardware doesn't support changing macs? but what i find weird is that I can change the Mac address and it shows in the system the changed mac address and it will function in and of itself but the virtual windows program does not. So I'm still confused.

Attachments

• maccheck.png
    maccheck.png
    9.1 KB · Views: 152

MJM2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
You told yesterday that everythng is working. Just keep update toyr 3DS to 9.2.0 and keep the script running if so. I'm getting a full set of 12 SPs for SSB over the night
It's working fine
I get tags for all the games except SSB

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
So... just to check if I'm on the right track or not: If was using win7 before the update, since it forces the WPA encryption method on hosted networks, I have no other choice but to use the NZ@McD1(at least for now)?. Otherwise, if the network isn't open, attwifi won't get any streetpasses, right?.

Yes, you may use only NZ@McD1 for now bacause of the following reasons:
1. after 9.0 firmware update streetpass are no longer works with password-protected attwifi nintendo zone ssid, while it works fine with NZ@McD1.
2. Nintendo spreads streetpass data for NZ@McD1 SSID (or maybe others wuropean too) with no MAC address lookup, so you can get a streetpass even without changing MAC - this won't work with attwifi (well, except streetpass weekends, which is the current weecked luckily)
3. Windows drivers prevents setting the real hardware MACs, so you were never able to actually reach the real attwifi nintendo zones (well except the very small number of wireless adapters which can actually set the real MAC but not in a straight way, whch is not used by any existing mac change method for now - I'm still testing), all the streetpasses you've got before was from the similar users or from the streetpass weekend streetpass sharing.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well I've run the maccheck and it closes without giving me a result, so I screenshotted all it said before it closes. The second program BSOD my computer and I had to repair my bios because it wouldn't start. So normally I would take it as my hardware doesn't support changing macs? but what i find weird is that I can change the Mac address and it shows in the system the changed mac address and it will function in and of itself but the virtual windows program does not. So I'm still confused.
Most probably you have a drivers that make BSOD instead of normal MAC change. maccheck.cmd only cheks if the physical adapter driver can change mac, not taking into account the virtual hosted AP mode. Please try to download http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/maccheck3.cmd and run it from the command prompt without any parameters. PM me the result in case if sucesfully finishes. In case of BSOD your wireless adapter driver is not suitable for homepass, try to update it from the manufacturer site, if possible.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
It's working fine

I get tags for all the games except SSB

Have you updated 3DS fw 9.2.0 and SSB to 1.0.3 ? If yes and still no streetpass, it is possible that Nintendo do not spread SSB streetass data in europe. There ar no limitation of MAC change and security mode in case of the router script used, so I'm visiting all the available country MACs and SSIDs and getting SSB data every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That sick boy yo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was hoping I could add a custom ROM to this fire HD 10 tablet but guess no one's made twrp available
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Root it? Lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That shit is so locked down, tighter than a nun's ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know if that's even possible for the firmware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can remove the bloat ware and ads easily but can't install a rom
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20 some years later crash bandicoot still pisses me off
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have you jail broke your ps4 yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been on since 9.0
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Are you gonna do your ps5 if the hack comes? Is there worries of bans, like the ps3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably not I got cross play friends
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they risk getting flagged or banned, altho spouting profanity in online play alredy does that
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Anyone dumb enough to get banned for spouting profanity deserves it.
  • Y @ YuseiFD:
    Then how come you do it and don't get banned ? or is it a question of getting caught doing it ?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wtf is the point of banning swearing in games? that's utterly a dumb decision

the new generation playing MWII won't be as hardened as the previous one playing original MW2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of video games? Kids playing video games won't be as hardened as the previous ones getting shoved down a hillside.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    exactly my point
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig or Mario's Early Years
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: kids, yall are fucking pussies, grow some asshair before you even dare touch My Friend Peppa Pig...