ROM Hack How to generate XORpads for Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright

Dark the Eagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked all over for my specific problem, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I want to use the FE: Fates fan translation, but the patcher needs XORpads. That would be fine if when I used my dump with the 3DS Simple CIA Converter, it didn't give me only 2 of the 4 XORpads I need. I'm missing "main.romfs" and "main.exefs_7x". I know it'd be illegal to give any sort of download link, but could someone tell me how to extract them myself? I've also tried using the ncchinfo.gen script with Python 2.7, and it didn't generate anything.

Dark the Eagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would convert it to CIA, but the patcher doesn't work with it. This is what the patcher looks like:

fepatcher.png

Dark the Eagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get the Fire Emblem Fates Fan Translation Patch up and running. I need 4 xorpads, the ones that have "Main.exheader", "Main.romfs", "Main.exefs_norm", and "Main.exefs_7x" in their names I have "Main.exheader" and "Main.exefs_norm" generating properly, but the other two won't generate at all.

Dark the Eagle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose to try and explain a bit better, the ncchinfo.bin that gets generated with my .3ds file only contains parameters for creation of 2 of the 4 xorpad files. Mind you, I ripped the .3ds file DIRECTLY from my own game cart using Decrypt9WIP, then used 3DS Simple CIA Converter to obtain the ncchinfo.bin. I've tried using the ncchinfo_gen.py to create the .bin, but it fails to create the .bin file. I've also tried Hourglass9 to rip the game with the same result.

Last edited by Dark the Eagle,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0