Gaming How to fix Corrupted File System?

YoniScheyer

OP
Trophies
XP
Hi if you can help with my problem that will be great becuse i almost tried everthing (sorry for bad english)

I bought a ps3 from thiliand with multiman 04.02 and a list full of games on an external hard drive and i got one orignal to load the jailbroken games on disc of the orignal game.

i played for a few days and then the sony crashed and when i turned it back on all the games from the list were missing !

i chaked the extrenal hard drive(that contain the games and the multiman) at my pc and it shows the capcity is almost full but wont show the files inside.

i also cheakd in the multiman file manger in the the hdd0 and there a some games in the "game" folder i tried to excute the .bin file and it dosent work

i tried to hit the squre buttoun in the multiman games section and it dosent do anyhing.

i tried to refresh and start+x refresh and it doesnt wotk either.

plzzz help meeee i want to playyyy !!!!!!!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If your PC doesn't show the files, then your external HDD is corrupted. (or maybe hidden, do you have "show hidden files" on your PC?)
I don't know if you can rescue the files, but maybe the HDD is bad and you lost your games.

Maybe another user can help here? is there a way to restore the FAT32 TOC?
chkdsk would rescue the files but name it randomly.

on the PS3, the files located in "game" are the installed data (not the game, just the data, like video, updates, trophies, savegames, etc.)
You can't play the games from the "game" folder.

But, maybe you have some backup games in the internal HDD. the usual folder is "games" or "gamez" (with a S or Z).
multiMAN automatically display these games, and you can launch them from the game manager's screen, no need to explore the files with the file browser.

In multiMAN, there is an icon telling you if the game is internal HDD, or USB.
But to be sure if you have internal games, don't connect the USB and it will list only the internal games.

If you see no game at all, you may need to format your external HDD or buy a new one.

YoniScheyer

OP
Trophies
XP
Thank you very much for your replay.

I Checked and there is no files in the games folder but i enterd the external hard drive from the multiman file manger its called "usb_000" and there is a lot of files with jibrish names
if it is courpted can i restore it becuse the data is in there and it had a ton of games and i serseouily dont want to loose them !

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
define jibberish. most often the game folders will be designated by the title ID of the game (i.e. BLUS, BLES, BLJS, etc.).

YoniScheyer

OP
Trophies
XP
jibirsh = folders ( which icant get in ) = user's.man,cense fr.om,E_00,ROMS,solution.,title_04. and files outside the folders are like this []?,ibure and other meaningles names

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I guess his filenames are more like "ù]é_..1ç`"
This is what happens when the drive's File system information is corrupted.

I found a picture of such corrupted filename:
gibberish-characters-corrupted-folders-files-incorrect-file-size-usb-drive.png

It happens when a drive is disconnected while a process is still writing to it.
unfortunately, his PS3 froze and he couldn't do anything than forcing power off but the drive was certainly still reading/writing things.
That's why you should always use "safely remove hardware" in windows before disconnected one.

Maybe there's a way to restore the old file information, but don't write anything to the disk!
just wait for someone to help you (if it's possible to restore a backup of the TOC for example)
I'm sure there are tools to recover the file system.

Edit:
I'm moving this topic to General computer forum, as it's a HDD problem, you will have more help there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7