Hacking How to create dvd5 SSBB NTSC-USA with fully playable SS emissary.

InFidelCastro

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys. Like one of the previous PAL posters before me, I'm trying to run Brawl on a 3.2E PAL Wii with 1.9g Wiikey and can't get it to work. The Wii recognises the disc on the Wii Home screen, however gives me a black screen upon booting and disconnects the wiimote. I'm doing all this with the freeloader btw.

So I follow the steps outlined in the first post, except that I'm using the updated patch (ssbb_dvd5_patch_2.1). Any help?

Sockslayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
InFidelCastro said:
Hey guys. Like one of the previous PAL posters before me, I'm trying to run Brawl on a 3.2E PAL Wii with 1.9g Wiikey and can't get it to work. The Wii recognises the disc on the Wii Home screen, however gives me a black screen upon booting and disconnects the wiimote. I'm doing all this with the freeloader btw.

So I follow the steps outlined in the first post, except that I'm using the updated patch (ssbb_dvd5_patch_2.1). Any help?

Did you trying starting it on 50hertz? Mine would give a black screen on 60hz too.

If it does work on 50hz you should turn deflicker off and go back to 60hz to prevent the flud/squirtle freeze.

InFidelCastro

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Did you trying starting it on 50hertz? Mine would give a black screen on 60hz too.

If it does work on 50hz you should turn deflicker off and go back to 60hz to prevent the flud/squirtle freeze.

Yeh I messed around with the various combinations of screen options, but to no avail. The game still boots up, blacks out, diconnects my controllers, and after a short amount of time (30seconds) recognises my controller again, but doesn't reconnect. Thanks for the response though, seeing as how this topic is dead and all.

aandex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a compressed iso of ssbb (works on single layer) that i got off someone but I can't finish the subspace emissary as the green text error comes up after i defeat the final boss. Could someone please explain to me how to fix this ISO?
Thanks if you oculd help!

edit: ok I found out what to do and it works now!

skawo96

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, maybe someone posted it before, but I'm too lazy to scroll through these all pages
tongue.gif
When I try to clear classic mode with Yoshi it hangs (black screen) after the shooting thingy. Have I skipped some files, or it's a problem with it?

adriskrayzee

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I downloaded the DVD5 version from another site, and it seems to be working for other people but after I insert the CD, the screen goes black saying that an error has occurred and that I should press Eject and reset the console, any ideas?

I burned the Image using ImgBurn at 1x speed. Thanks.

TheEak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so when abc's first patch came out, i made a dvd5 copy and it ran perfectly.Then, someome scratched it all up. I stopped playing for a few months and after seeing the old disc, I decided I wanted to play again. So I made a new DVD5 iso burned it and now it gives me an error. Something similar to:

"The Wii system files are corrupted, please refer to the manual for trouble shooting."

Now I'm sad.

Using the most recent NTSC wii version
WiiKey, latest version

Thanks for any help.

JumpMan3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiisurcbber 1.0a is not working on vista for me, I get some error that I need permission to use this file. I never got this error from any other program
frown.gif

can anyone help??

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Since this was bumped yesterday and I was about to ask something related to this, I'll just use this thread.

I've been reading that the full, DVD9 copy of the game now works with Gamma. Sometimes, at least. If I do get a Wii, this will be the first thing I try if you confirm this. Does it actually work? Or should I go with a DVD5 rip? I wouldn't mind not having the videos, but if it has any other issues, then I'd try the DVD9 version, if it works.

Thanks in advance.

idotv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having trouble getting a dvd5 ssbb I have ripped my original ssbb to get a dvd9
Running wiiscrubber gets me no reduction in size i've read to zip the iso with 7 zip but this gets me about 7.5 gig iso
can anybody please tell me how to get to dvd5?
I have both the vv patch and the files from
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=78029
don't know what i am doing wrong with wiiscrubber

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
idotv said:
I am having trouble getting a dvd5 ssbb I have ripped my original ssbb to get a dvd9
Running wiiscrubber gets me no reduction in size i've read to zip the iso with 7 zip but this gets me about 7.5 gig iso
Wiiscubber doesn't actually reduce the iso filesize.

It replaces the garbage content in the iso with highly compressable data (blank 00s or FF's i guess) so that when the iso is compressed it takes up much less space.

After you scrub the disk, run the patch which should reduce the actual size of the game to dvd5.

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OSW said:
idotv said:
Wiiscubber doesn't actually reduce the iso filesize.

It replaces the garbage content in the iso with highly compressable data (blank 00s or FF's i guess) so that when the iso is compressed it takes up much less space.

After you scrub the disk, run the patch which should reduce the actual size of the game to dvd5.
When I run the patch in ppf omatic it says it's not a valid ppf file. Do I have the wrong patch? I used the one on the first page.

SWORD21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, are we supposed to use the xdelta.exe thing to patch it? If so, it won't open for me. I'm also running on Vista. Oh yeah, what do we do with the ftb.bin?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3